Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2022, 09:16 AM

18,860 posts, read 8,527,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Yes they do. .
of course they do....that's the whole shtick

they're not dressing up as ponies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2022, 09:16 AM

39,502 posts, read 27,859,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ag-show-chapel

QUOTE FROM ABOVE LINK, my italics: "There was tons of social pressure to dance along and pretend like it was normal for sure," a student who chose to remain anonymous told the Post Millennial, "whether it be people tapping on shoulders and telling them to stand up or just a collective staring contest at whoever wasn't totally participating."
[end quote]

So why is a private school doing this during CHAPEL services? To illustrate the idea that God loves ALL people?

I would think this would already have been taught.

If my child was enrolled at that school, she or he would be disenrolled for the next semester.
Their school their rules.

This said it does not mean everyone must agree with ridiculous rule.

Attendance should never be mandatory. Drag shows are boring. They are hardly entertaining. Not all students would enjoy those kind of shows. They should be given more freedom to choose how they want to be entertained.

Old 08-04-2022, 09:17 AM

17,050 posts, read 12,667,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
As many will surely point out it's a private school. I'm still free to point out how messed up that is. I would pull my kid out of that school quickly. There are other private schools in the area I'm sure.
It sure looks like a number of these NYC private schools for the ubermensch are simply trying to out woke each other.

I have no idea on the number of these schools but it sure looks like it is a social status thing amongst the people with literal money to burn.

Guess Im just waiting for the outrage when they have live trans sex shows with mandatory attendance.

Old 08-04-2022, 09:24 AM

39,502 posts, read 27,859,412 times
Next time, try something original if you want to claim you are progressive.

Lol

Yikes. What a waste of time. I dont even think girls can learn how to apply makeup from this person.

Old 08-04-2022, 10:22 AM

6,541 posts, read 6,753,067 times
Quote:

QUOTE FROM ABOVE LINK, my italics: "There was tons of social pressure to dance along and pretend like it was normal for sure," a student who chose to remain anonymous told the Post Millennial, "whether it be people tapping on shoulders and telling them to stand up or just a collective staring contest at whoever wasn't totally participating."
[end quote]

So why is a private school doing this during CHAPEL services? To illustrate the idea that God loves ALL people?

If my child was enrolled at that school, she or he would be disenrolled for the next semester.
I'm not religious, but seeing that in a church makes me furious. Seeing that at a mandatory school event makes me furious. Seeing everyone clapping and whooping and whistling, like this was the most wonderful thing they could possibly see, makes me furious.

How can anyone think this is ok?

Old 08-04-2022, 10:33 AM

6,541 posts, read 6,753,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Drag queens don't mock women. What an odd perspective.
I think drag queens absolutely are a mockery of women. They use gross exaggerations of female stereotypes, the very stereotypes feminists have fought to get rid of. Huge hair, overdone makeup, big boobs, high heels, skin tight clothes, hypersexualized. Is this the picture of womanhood we want our young girls to aspire to? It makes me furious.

If grown men get their jollies from watching fake stereotypical drag queen "women" that's bad enough. They can be perverts if they want to be. But why in the world should that disgusting mockery of women be presented to children during school???

Are our children excelling SO much in reading, math, and science, that schools simply must fill up valuable time with something as unintellectual as this?

Old 08-04-2022, 10:42 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,188,742 times
Quote:

[end quote]

And that would be the LAST day my child would walk through the doors and into the school of consensual enquiry. I would find a way to pay for a private tutor.

Old 08-04-2022, 10:46 AM

14,733 posts, read 15,229,865 times
Quote:
Drag queens don't mock women. What an odd perspective.
Being drag queens IS a mockery of women. Mockery of women is the whole point of being drag queens. To think that it's not a mockery of women is a bizarre perspective.

Old 08-04-2022, 10:51 AM

27,797 posts, read 16,314,394 times
Weirdos usually gravitate to childrens activities, schools scouts etc. Sounds like this school is no different

Old 08-04-2022, 11:00 AM

16,612 posts, read 10,792,523 times
Quote:
On June 7, the school held its first-ever Pride Chapel event for its lower school, in which Grace Church Schools chaplain Rev. Mark Hummel began the service by sharing a few words on the importance of Pride. Students also learned about the history of the rainbow-colored Pride flag and sat through a reading of “Twas the Night Before Pride” with their parents.
I would assume that the Rev. Hummel taught the students that "Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall" (Proverbs 16:18). I also must assume that he taught them the history of the rainbow, how it was a sign of the covenant from God that He would never again destroy the Earth with water (Genesis 9:12-16). Right?

I seem to recall hearing about this school before, when they did some other woke nonsense. I have no direct experience with this place, but my sense of it is that they are willing to wear the outer trappings of religion even while failing to follow the tenets of the historical, Biblical Christian faith. If the parents want to pay good money to expose their children to this sort of nonsense, that's their choice. But I do pity the children who are being indoctrinated into believing that this stuff is normal, and even worse, that it somehow represents what Biblical Christianity is all about, since it's happening in a nominally religious school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies