Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2022, 11:02 AM

5,280 posts, read 3,128,043 times

Advertisements

Several times now I’ve heard “why do they want to push this stuff on the kids?”.
This is how they plan on changing the future.

Many years ago I was at a lake in California and some erratic nut case runs up to me and asks me if I’m a teacher.
After I said no he didn’t give a heck about me so I asked him why he cared if I was a teacher.
He said we need to get the kids involved at a young age to be more environmentally friendly.
They will accept these ideas easier when they are young.

I’m all for the environment but this guy was a whacko.
He was a whacko with a PHD and had an extremist agenda.

This is exactly what these crazy “queer sex is fine for kids” guys are doing now.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2022, 11:20 AM

13,140 posts, read 9,712,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
Their school their rules. It isn’t a public school so..
True, but it's up to the parents as to whether to let their kids attend or not. Or choose another school, which is probably what I'd do (our son went to private school for 13 years and there was none of this nonsense, required or optional).

We should long for the days when the most controversial topic was whether a girls skirt was above her knees, or a boys shirt had a collar (like it was when I was in junior high/high school).

Old 08-04-2022, 11:22 AM

8,443 posts, read 3,025,926 times
How low can society go? Where’s the bottom?

Old 08-04-2022, 11:26 AM

3,675 posts, read 1,636,446 times
A guy that wants to dress up in women's clothes, and show it off in public. As if normal. Don't we have a problem right there? (unless presented as a comedy/parody routine)

Old 08-04-2022, 11:27 AM

5,045 posts, read 2,427,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
True, but it's up to the parents as to whether to let their kids attend or not. Or choose another school, which is probably what I'd do (our son went to private school for 13 years and there was none of this nonsense, required or optional).

We should long for the days when the most controversial topic was whether a girls skirt was above her knees, or a boys shirt had a collar (like it was when I was in junior high/high school).
I don’t think the vast majority of Americans want to take a time machine back to Leave It To Beaver land.

Old 08-04-2022, 11:31 AM

26,197 posts, read 19,146,198 times
Quote:
If something isn’t banned it is allowed. Are you suggesting we legislate morality and start banning things we find distasteful?
Nope.

I'm questioning why one is morally acceptable and the other is not when they are essentially the same thing. If "blackface" is illegal, I'm not aware of that law--maybe there is one, I don't know. BUT, whether it is illegal or not, it is simply not done in mainstream culture at this point. That is not due to a law, it is due to taste and common decency. And we seem to have that common decency toward blacks, but not toward women at this point, for whatever reason. And it is rather baffling to me.

Look, if you want to cross dress in the privacy of your own home (or with consenting adults) and get off on that, it doesn't matter to me at all. Have at it. Just don't tighten the corset too much and end up in the hospital. If you want to pretend like you are a black person in the privacy of your home and get off on that, again, fine. Go for it. But... in my opinion, neither should be acceptable in a public setting. Not that I want a law to forbid it. More like just a little common decency and respect. Maybe that it too much to expect in this day and age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
of course they do....that's the whole shtick

they're not dressing up as ponies
Thank you for shoring up my point. Again, okay to make a parody of women, not okay to parody blacks. Why? Let's hear the leftist's LOGICAL reason as to why that's okay.

Last edited by ChrisC; 08-04-2022 at 11:42 AM..

Old 08-04-2022, 11:35 AM

53,182 posts, read 34,974,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
How low can society go? Where’s the bottom?
American leftists are determined that we will all have to find that out.

Old 08-04-2022, 11:35 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,137,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ag-show-chapel

QUOTE FROM ABOVE LINK, my italics: "There was tons of social pressure to dance along and pretend like it was normal for sure," a student who chose to remain anonymous told the Post Millennial, "whether it be people tapping on shoulders and telling them to stand up or just a collective staring contest at whoever wasn't totally participating."
[end quote]

So why is a private school doing this during CHAPEL services? To illustrate the idea that God loves ALL people?

I would think this would already have been taught.

If my child was enrolled at that school, she or he would be disenrolled for the next semester.
Holy cow (no pun intended). This is sickening and yeah, they would be pulled immediately. Wtf

Old 08-04-2022, 11:37 AM

5,124 posts, read 2,185,913 times
Sure seems as if the Dems have absolutely fallen in love with the words: Obligatory, mandatory, required etc. How about NO! I prefer not to attend this charade?

We need to stand and firm and stop allowing these clowns to push us around. Simply say NO THANK YOU. Dems.....quit trying to force your viewpoints down other people's throats. After all, it's YOU that are champions of diversity. Do you even know the meaning of the word diversity? It means people have differing views and opinions. Honor the diversity and quit making things mandatory.

Old 08-04-2022, 11:37 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,137,749 times
Quote:
Their school their rules. It isn’t a public school so..
I agree, but parents should have known ahead of time and been able to opt out….
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies