Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does glamorizing pride effect your spending?
I will try not to spend money at a place that shoves pride in my face 171 56.07%
I am more likely to spend money that shoves pride in my face 30 9.84%
No effect on me 104 34.10%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2023, 02:12 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,658,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Fine here too, until they start talking about removing a perfectly healthy penis, Vagina, or breast. It's like sexual mutilation is horrible when Muslims do it in North Africa, but it they do it as a sex change, then it's fine
You should point out that the real place we draw the line is the grooming, the castration and the mutilation of children, which is not only happening in many areas of the country but has also been advocated by several people on CityData, over the past few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No one can be pushed into being gay. Thats just not reality. You are born the way you are. But they are being pushed into being heterosexual even if they aren’t…because this is what is expected from them.
That doesn't even make sense. You can't be pushed one way, but you can be pushed the other? Incredible (in the literal sense of the word) that any rational person would make such a statement.

Frankly no one is born gay, although some have a tendency towards it. Literally thousands of children are being groomed to believe they are something they are not, in the name of tolerance. Well, tolerance of child rape and mutilation is just not in any good person's nature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2023, 05:27 AM

8,505 posts, read 4,750,085 times
It doesn’t really affect my spending, although if two stores selling the same stuff we’re side by side, but one had additional pride stuff, I’d probably go to the store with the pride stuff.

Old 05-31-2023, 05:33 AM

27,578 posts, read 28,687,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
June 1st as like in the past few years businesses and corporations will cover their logos with rainbows and stuff pride into their messaging to the customer/consumer. Will this effect your spending with the business?
I will avoid Target since they seem to be the worst at it, with pride attire for babies and all that.

I won't shop anywhere that is blatant and in your face about it. Not interested.

But if it's online or something like amazon, who cares?

Old 05-31-2023, 05:42 AM

13,966 posts, read 5,630,295 times
I don't base purchases on the political or cultural values of the supplier, but on simple value proposition according to my personal profit motive. Thus, the overall value of the product itself dictates where I spend money.

I also don't normally care what people think, say or express. Even if there are rainbow flags everywhere, so what? Don't put that flag in my yard or house, and I couldn't GAFF about it. That goes for any flag delivering any message.

Old 05-31-2023, 05:55 AM

674 posts, read 335,591 times
I'm a left-wing Democrat and I'm 100% pro-equality for LGBTQIA+ Americans.

That said, a lot of corporate pride stuff is profit-driven. It doesn't influence my decision to shop or eat somewhere any more than an absence of pride stuff would. It doesn't make any difference to me.

I don't patronize businesses whose values I strongly dislike (Hobby Lobby, Chick Fil A, etc.) but I don't vet every business I patronize either. At some point you have to live your life.

Old 05-31-2023, 05:59 AM

45,232 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Are they removing your vagina? If not, then what's the problem?

What other people do with their bodies, what they're into sexually, what clothes they wear, etc.- all that stuff is their business, and not mine.

What ever happened to this being a free country? Do conservatives not believe in that anymore?
The free country thing worked when we had shared values and a high trust society, which is no longer the case.

Old 05-31-2023, 06:00 AM

23,564 posts, read 17,241,593 times
The lgbtq activists are the lgbtq's worst enemy.

Old 05-31-2023, 06:16 AM

6,473 posts, read 6,683,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No one can be pushed into being gay. Thats just not reality. You are born the way you are. But they are being pushed into being heterosexual even if they aren’t…because this is what is expected from them.
That is only somewhat true. I know plenty of kids who went through a "gay phase" during their adolescent years because they saw it as cool and trendy. I find that rather sad, to see kids announcing they are gay because they think it will make them more special and popular. And that, I am quite certain, wouldn't be happening if "gay pride" wasn't being pushed so hard everywhere.

Love who you love. Have sex with whomever you wish. I don't see where it should be a point of "pride" or anything that needs shouted from the rooftops.

For those reasons, I avoid stores/brands that are over-the-top with "gay pride." I just think it's stupid and unnecessary. I'd feel the same way if any small segment of society were glorified 24/7 for some trait, be it left handedness, red hair, vegans, or a rare blood type. Who frickin' cares??? Seriously, why do I need to know this?

Old 05-31-2023, 06:21 AM

4,549 posts, read 2,274,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
That doesn't bother me. What people do in the privacy of their bedroom is not my concern. If the business wants to encourage that market segment to shop there, that's their choice of marketing.

Now if they promote perversion like Target, that is something else entirely.

It's not mine either but it's being shoved in our faces now. When will there be BDSM displays in these same stores? What about swingers? I mean, this used to be something you did in the privacy of your own home and I recall people asking that if you allow gay marriage (which I could care less about) what will be next and now we know. Next is apparently indoctrinating children to the lifestyle. Making it seem cool and hip to be gay or bisexual or transsexual. So no, I will shop in these stores.

Old 05-31-2023, 06:23 AM

35,710 posts, read 21,076,200 times
The Religious Right Wing Control Brigade is out in full force now. Be careful not to wear any multicolored clothes in public, might get wacked by some nut case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies