Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does glamorizing pride effect your spending?
I will try not to spend money at a place that shoves pride in my face 171 56.07%
I am more likely to spend money that shoves pride in my face 30 9.84%
No effect on me 104 34.10%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2023, 06:24 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,437,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
The Religious Right Wing Control Brigade is out in full force now. Be careful not to wear any multicolored clothes in public, might get wacked by some nut case.
Just stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2023, 06:25 AM

27,564 posts, read 28,659,961 times
Quote:
The Religious Right Wing Control Brigade is out in full force now. Be careful not to wear any multicolored clothes in public, might get wacked by some nut case.
Nobody is saying that physical violence is acceptable.

But that doesn’t mean everyone is going to celebrate a lifestyle they don’t agree with.

That is what it means to live and let live. Liberals seem to have forgotten this.

Old 05-31-2023, 06:48 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,805,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Are they removing your vagina? If not, then what's the problem?

What other people do with their bodies, what they're into sexually, what clothes they wear, etc.- all that stuff is their business, and not mine.

What ever happened to this being a free country? Do conservatives not believe in that anymore?
Nope. They believe in banning books, pretending people other than white/straight don’t exist, and controlling women’s bodies. They believe the have the right to force their beliefs on all of us.

Old 05-31-2023, 06:52 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,576,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
June 1st as like in the past few years businesses and corporations will cover their logos with rainbows and stuff pride into their messaging to the customer/consumer. Will this effect your spending with the business?
Yes - for sure. I saw a rainbow after a rainstorm last week and I was like - "F" you sky! I will never patronize the sky again!

Old 05-31-2023, 06:53 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Why should anybody be proud about how they have sex with the same sex partner?

Old 05-31-2023, 06:54 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
Yes - for sure. I saw a rainbow after a rainstorm last week and I was like - "F" you sky! I will never patronize the sky again!
God is not mocked. The rainbow in the sky is a covenant from God that he will not destroy mankind with rain storms.

Old 05-31-2023, 06:58 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,576,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
God is not mocked. The rainbow in the sky is a covenant from God that he will not destroy mankind with rain storms.
I would explain how light/water droplets work together to create an actual rainbow, but I know that doesn't fit with your Noah's ark story. Since the world should be ending any day now - does it really matter?

Old 05-31-2023, 07:17 AM

25,731 posts, read 18,797,332 times
If I see a "gay pen set" or something on isle 14 in the grocery store... no, I'm not going to be up in arms about that. But if I see a bunch of peacocking in the store plastered all over the place and hoopla as if we'd just come up with a cure for cancer, then yes, that store gets the middle finger from me and I will go elsewhere. I'm to the point that I'm SICK of peacocks (not the birds, the people hung up on sex-related "social causes" 24/7).

If you are old enough... remember how you cringed every time you heard Disco Duck on the radio (which was every five minutes there for awhile)? That's where I'm at with this pride crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Why should anybody be proud about how they have sex with the same sex partner?
That's a very good question, which has no logical answer. I'm not a homosexual, but I can say that "pride" has never been an emotion that I've felt when I've had sex. Or after. Or before. As if it's some big accomplishment like earning a PhD or something. It's a biofunction that most all higher life forms engage in. Big whoop. I'm nothing special because I've had sex or shack up with someone. Neither is anyone else. Pretty commonplace.

Last edited by ChrisC; 05-31-2023 at 07:29 AM..

Old 05-31-2023, 07:20 AM

35,693 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Nobody is saying that physical violence is acceptable.

But that doesn’t mean everyone is going to celebrate a lifestyle they don’t agree with.

That is what it means to live and let live. Liberals seem to have forgotten this.
If I walk by 18 rainbows at target, I keep walking past it, it’s not what I came to buy. I have taken my kids n grands to stores 100000+ times and we walk past the wine n beer section, the electronics and go look for what we came for.
How hard is that ???

Old 05-31-2023, 07:25 AM

27,564 posts, read 28,659,961 times
Quote:
If I walk by 18 rainbows at target, I keep walking past it, it’s not what I came to buy. I have taken my kids n grands to stores 100000+ times and we walk past the wine n beer section, the electronics and go look for what we came for.
How hard is that ???
That wouldn’t be a problem for me.

But if I walk into a store and immediately see rainbow stuff everywhere, then I’m turning around and heading back out the door.

I’m interested in see more red, white and blue than rainbow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies