Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2023, 03:56 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Why does the black population largely vote Democratic? What is the Democratic Party doing for them?
I was the one asking the question. I was telling said person that most middle class and upper middle class Blacks vote Democrat. Not exactly the kinds of persons who want "free stuff". I asked said person why this was the case? I wanted said persons to do the thinking. I was asking a question. Why respond with more questions?

Old 08-13-2023, 04:10 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I was the one asking the question. I was telling said person that most middle class and upper middle class Blacks vote Democrat. Not exactly the kinds of persons who want "free stuff". I asked said person why this was the case? I wanted said persons to do the thinking. I was asking a question. Why respond with more questions?
I have the same question. You have posted a lot in this thread. Curious why you think the Democrats get the majority of black voters.

I was a Democrat when I was younger but became more conservative as I got older. I was a moderate Dem and the Democrat Party moved further left. I left them but they also left me.

I don’t get the draw and can’t understand why the vast majority of the black population still votes Democrat. I feel like the Democrats talk a big game about race and do everything in their power to paint conservatives as racists yet I see a lot of racism in the Democratic Party. I don’t see what the party offers that causes such a huge majority of black voters to keep voting for them.

Old 08-13-2023, 04:19 PM
Status: "Hello Darlin, Nice to see you - Conway Twitty" (set 13 days ago)

791 posts, read 376,509 times
Quote:
Until at least 40% of the Black vote goes to the Republican Party, and the Republicans in question are not MAGA-ites, forget it.

I know about many Black voters sitting out rather than voting Republican. I talked about that in other threads years ago. Has anyone ever thought to ask why this is? And come up with something better than "free stuff". That "free stuff" argument is stupid and dishonest.

And thus, we segue into the "gift card" comment. The largest portion of the Black vote comes from the middle class and upper class. Hardly groups that would be looking for "gift cards" or "free stuff". That gift card comment was not made in good faith, considering who within the Black population is the most likely to vote. I notice no one ever asks why Black middle class and upper middle class individuals are voting Democrat in large numbers. All I ever hear about are the inner city ghettos. And given that the "gift card" and "free stuff" argument is basically the "lazy Black person" stereotype re-packaged, this is why I say such comments were done out of spite.
Black people aren't exactly the best example of an educated liberal voting bloc I guess, but they are a prized constituent for people that vote the same way without thinking. I went back and looked at your posts and the spite is consistent. We don't want you on the right - stay where you at.

Old 08-13-2023, 04:28 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Quote:
Well, if nothing else, I don't like it when some people here on city-data start grasping at straws. To some, a Black man not being to the left = "Look, a Black right-winger" or "look, a Black Republican". I get tired of that crap. It's as if said persons act like they know Black people better than Blacks know themselves.
Yeah - we know. It obviously rubs you the wrong way.

Old 08-13-2023, 04:29 PM

13,754 posts, read 8,014,399 times
[quote=green_mariner;65686313]
Quote:
Until at least 40% of the Black vote goes to the Republican Party, and the Republicans in question are not MAGA-ites, forget it.
But the Reps. don't need 40% of the Black vote.

Quote:
And thus, we segue into the "gift card" comment. The largest portion of the Black vote comes from the middle class and upper class.
That's a given.

Quote:
Hardly groups that would be looking for "gift cards" or "free stuff". That gift card comment was not made in good faith, considering who within the Black population is the most likely to vote.
It's the unlikely voter. The one the Dems wisely chased down in 2020 and 2022.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/65662590-post90.html

Quote:
I notice no one ever asks why Black middle class and upper middle class individuals are voting Democrat in large numbers

Again, it's a given they vote. I should have made this clearer in the post which has you so upset.

Quote:
All I ever hear about are the inner-city ghettos. And given that the "gift card" and "free stuff" argument is basically the "lazy Black person" stereotype re-packaged, this is why I say such comments were done out of spite

I'm not suggesting the unlikely voter is lazy. What I'm saying is after being chased down twice to vote why bother a third time? Especially if they see no point but offer a gift card...

Old 08-13-2023, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I have the same question. You have posted a lot in this thread. Curious why you think the Democrats get the majority of black voters.

I was a Democrat when I was younger but became more conservative as I got older. I was a moderate Dem and the Democrat Party moved further left. I left them but they also left me.

I don’t get the draw and can’t understand why the vast majority of the black population still votes Democrat. I feel like the Democrats talk a big game about race and do everything in their power to paint conservatives as racists yet I see a lot of racism in the Democratic Party. I don’t see what the party offers that causes such a huge majority of black voters to keep voting for them.
Well, it has more to do with the Republican Party than anything else. When I think about who is the most like to pander to those who resent Blacks (for reasons such as crime, affirmative action, etc), I see far more Republicans doing this than Blacks. Why would I want to pick that? When there are individuals like Frank Artiles, Tom Worthan, Trent Lott, Tommy Tuberville (look up his dog whistle comments regarding crime), Marjorie Taylor Greene, etc. And then I come to city-data and see where some of the most anti-Black comments are coming from. They mainly come from conservatives. I think about the individuals who have personally let me know how much they don't like Blacks or tend to view Blacks in negative terms. Per capita, I've seen more of it come from conservatives. I'm not saying all conservatives are racists. I'm saying that if the Democrats want to paint Republicans as racists, it isn't that difficult to do.

Basically, Blacks have to pick between "The Party that at least acts like they understand their issues" vs "The Party that shows its indifference".

Old 08-13-2023, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Yeah - we know. It obviously rubs you the wrong way.
It does rub me the wrong way. And there is a reason it rubs me the wrong way. The smugness, the stupidity involved in it. What I don't get is why you don't seem concerned about it.

Old 08-13-2023, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Basically, Blacks have to pick between "The Party that at least acts like they understand their issues" vs "The Party that shows its indifference".
Or don't vote.

Again I'm not referring to all Black voters but those who don't see the point.

Old 08-13-2023, 04:44 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,225,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Ice Cube still holds clout within the Black community. Will be interesting if Cube comes out in support of Trump in 2024.

Scrolling through Twitter a couple of weeks ago, I came across a clip of rightwing commentator Tucker Carlson interviewing a face I never thought I’d see on his platform: Ice Cube.

As in **** Tha Police Ice Cube.

“What planet am I on right now?” I found myself thinking.

In a two-part segment, Ice Cube and Carlson commiserated about cancel culture and cast doubt on the safety of the Covid vaccine. “It was six months, kind of a rush job and I didn’t feel safe,” Ice Cube said about his widely-publicized resistance to the Covid shot. He also claimed that he’s been banned from appearing on the talkshows The View and Oprah because he is too much of an “independent thinker”.

It seems Ice Cube has become quite the conservative media darling lately, sitting down with not just Carlson, but Joe Rogan and Piers Morgan as well. He’s joining a long list of rappers – Kanye West, Da Baby, Kodak Black, Lil Pump – who have all put themselves in dangerous proximity to conservative politicians even as rightwing populism threatens to destroy their communities...

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ative-ice-cube
They're likely moving away from the left because the left is a circular firing squad. Cancel culture and cringey as that is to talk about is a thing and it targets artists. A musician a comedian a performer they want free speech. Disagreement with what they say is fine but trying to stop them from saying it because what they're saying is not woke enough is absolutely unacceptable.

They're not aligning with the right so much is the left abandoned them. Because it's being devoured into this idea of thinking any kind of disagreement is intolerable.

Everything in rap culture is hyper-masculine the left wants that to be considered toxic.

In a lot of the music through talking about having 99 problems and a ***** isn't one and that sentiment is carried out that is anti-feminist.

They aren't moving right they're just sticking to their more liberal viewpoint the left is moving left. Can you stopped championing free speech and started promoting hate speech laws they ceased being liberal and became far left authoritarians.

Musicians particularly rap artists operate on the very cusp of what is acceptable. That's the point of it. Art like music and mustard in general has always had the component of challenging establishment. That's the point of it.

So when you see them moving to what you consider the right it's because you're the establishment. Back in the '90s it used to be Bible thumping Christians were the establishment so you would put on a performance that was just dripping with satanic imagery this is why Sam Smith's ridiculous performance was so mocked and ridiculed it's fighting a battle from two decades ago. Now he's accepted by The Establishment the Bible beaters were destroyed probably around 2002ish.

So now the only thing you can do to rebel or be edgy or get to that cusp is moved to the right. The left has just consumed everything further to the left than it. In 1998 if
The kid came home from college and told their parents that he was Communist that would have been edgy now you just sound like a self-centered brat that picked a stupid major and doesn't want to find a job just like all the other self-centered brats it's not edgy anymore it's cringe.

Old 08-13-2023, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
With the current crop of democrats relocating all of these illegals coming over into the black neighborhoods and taking over the inner city homes, schools and jobs, it's just a matter of time before the majority of the black community says no more and starts to migrate in droves to the right. You sir, are in denial.
Of course, they are upset and rightfully so. However, they are the voting bloc least likely to make the Dems pay. So. the illegals get dumped in their communities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies