Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2023, 06:08 AM

26,062 posts, read 13,067,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
And if they do become speaker, we can expect $32.5 Trillion in debt and wasting $725B / year on interest.
Yeah, you might call me cynical.

I don't know these guys and don't follow this as closely as some of you. But if you say Donalds has a killer instinct, I'm now rooting for Donalds. No RINO's !!!!!!! The left can not be reasoned with.
You're right, but any reversal is a good thing. How do you eat a Whale? One bite at a time.

I think the markets would skyrocket if Conservatives reversed spending, the economy would take off, and the value of the Dollar would soar. It could all snowball into some real sustained cuts...5% across the board annually for the next 9 years would do it.

Donalds would also help our Nov 2024 results big time. He's young, & voters are yearning for new blood.

Old 10-24-2023, 06:19 AM

26,062 posts, read 13,067,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Any fascist election rigger will do, right OP? Of the nine candidates, only two are qualified to even serve in Congress nevermind serve as speaker of the House. Those two are Emmer and Scott. The others provided aid and comfort to insurrectionists after swearing an oath to uphold the Constitution so are therefore ineligible to hold public office at the state and federal levels. Before picking a speaker, the Republicans should join with the Democrats and expel the 139 constitutionally ineligible members from the House. Then they can pick a speaker among the true patriots who actually take their oath to protect and defend the Constitutional seriously.
Name-calling political opponents is un-American, & wreaks of fear & vitriol. It is a tactic of the left that runs contrary to their coexist, peace, tolerence mantra, so I take it as being hateful, & ingenuine, but if the shoe fits...

RINO's like Emmer and Scott have us $33T in debt, and wasting $750B/yr on interest.

Gov't now spends >1/2 of all we make (GDP), so 1/2 the pizza pie is gone by the time the rest of us sit down to eat. Most want the whole pie.

Old 10-24-2023, 06:24 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,679,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Name-calling political opponents is un-American, & wreaks of fear & hatred. It is a tactic of the left that runs contrary to their coexist, peace, tolerence manta, so I take it as being ingenuine.

RINO's like Emmer and Scott have us $33T in debt, and wasting $750B/yr on interest.

Gov't now spends >1/2 of all we make (GDP), so 1/2 the pizza pie is gone by the time the rest of us sit down to eat.
Beach, I am using the accurate term to describe a wing of the once great Republican Party. Those who still adhere to its principles are called “RINOs” by the fascists who have overtaken the party. I call them fascists because political violence is a major tactic they deploy as evidenced by the death threats they made against true Republicans last week who were unwilling to vote for a person who would refuse to certify the results of an election he didn’t like the results of. Another hallmark of a fascist btw.

Unfortunately, most of those on the left are too polite to use the f word, but that is the appropriate term.

As far as fiscal responsibility, I agree with you. If that’s all the Freedom Caucus was about, they’d be an important necessary voice in American politics and government. Unfortunately, they’ve taken a dark turn toward authoritarianism too.

Old 10-24-2023, 06:26 AM

4,344 posts, read 2,844,535 times
Quote:
How so? Wanting to reverse spending is extreme...I'll agree with that. Extremely good!
You are under the belief that these clowns want to reduce spending.

These extremists vote against bills, then when projects get on the way in their home districts they say "see what I brought you"

Your extremists heroes do not care about you. They care about disruption. They cause chaos to make the news, create clips to become popular and to have sheep praise them.

Republicans have been voting against their self interest for generations. Go on now, call for more disruptors. Let this chaos continue to drag on so the public will see how truly disfunctional the Republican Party is

Old 10-24-2023, 06:57 AM

19,320 posts, read 17,210,822 times
Quote:
They're going into session at 9 am today (10-24) & not coming out until a Speaker's named; if the Right leaning media's correct.

Pray for the Freedom Caucus Conservatives: Donalds, Palmer, Johnson (not the golfers, the Congressmen)

If none of these 3 become Speaker, expect more of the same...$33T in debt, & wasting $750B/yr on interest.
Religion and politics are best kept in their own lanes, that said I hope anyone but candidates from the "Freedom Caucus Conservatives" are chosen.

Bad behavior does not deserve a reward and their Caucus has placed Congress in this mess.

Old 10-24-2023, 07:21 AM

39,127 posts, read 51,411,787 times
Place your bets. Mine is on Emmer. If not Emmer, then Hern.

Old 10-24-2023, 07:24 AM

18,982 posts, read 9,116,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Place your bets. Mine is on Emmer. If not Emmer, then Hern.
I'm thinking Emmer, too. The question is, will the gang of eight vote for him?

Old 10-24-2023, 07:45 AM

35,841 posts, read 18,173,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I'm thinking Emmer, too. The question is, will the gang of eight vote for him?
I agree Emmer looks like a good choice. I'm betting this will be drawn out, with others getting initial support, and Emmer winning later as everyone just gets exhausted.

Honestly, this is like asking a couple enmeshed in an angry divorce to go in a room and come out in agreement. They need some sort of binding arbitration, because they're not going to agree on their own.

Old 10-24-2023, 07:48 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,679,771 times
I don’t think anyone will get the votes needed today - probably not for a few days. My prediction is that it’s going to go on long enough for serious discussions of working with the Democrats on a coalition government will start. Once it does, the Republicans will think that would be terrible for them. (I don’t think it would - a lot of Americans would probably find bipartisanship bold and refreshing.) That will scare them into picking a speaker without Democrat help.

Old 10-24-2023, 07:48 AM

18,982 posts, read 9,116,504 times
Palmer just dropped out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies