Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2023, 05:28 PM

19,755 posts, read 10,203,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
No, they never said it was a break in. They said the gun was stolen.
And it was stolen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2023, 03:42 PM

29,774 posts, read 14,840,665 times
Up thread there was some talk about firearms around children....this child probably knows more about firearms than most adults.

https://youtu.be/9Mdadgl9NGA?si=vonO1PRRxWF68MSP

Old 11-22-2023, 04:54 PM

15,644 posts, read 7,679,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Up thread there was some talk about firearms around children....this child probably knows more about firearms than most adults.

What's your point? One child is one child. There are also children who die while shooting under adult supervision or accidentally kill someone while shooting under supervision. It is beyond stupid for the woman to be shooting and not closely watching the girl, ready to stop her from doing something dangerous.

Old 11-22-2023, 05:30 PM

29,774 posts, read 14,840,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
What's your point? One child is one child. There are also children who die while shooting under adult supervision or accidentally kill someone while shooting under supervision. It is beyond stupid for the woman to be shooting and not closely watching the girl, ready to stop her from doing something dangerous.
My point is, education, and knowledge. Nothing more, or less. The more our youth know about the dangers and responsibility of firearms, the reproductions of running with gangs, using drugs, etc...the better off we will be.

Old 11-22-2023, 08:38 PM

50,545 posts, read 47,363,900 times
Make sure you lock up your pool with a locking hard case unless you are using it. Wear a locking chastity belt and hide the key unless you willingly want to have sex to avoid being raped.

Some laws are just blatantly stupid. You cannot control what people do in their own homes but some of you think you can.

Old 11-22-2023, 08:46 PM

50,545 posts, read 47,363,900 times
Quote:
It would be the law, whether I liked it or not.
New Jersey law says you have to have a gun safe. When you go to buy a firearm the form asks about what safe you have. After about 15 seconds of a blank look from the buyer the FFL will blurt out what the most common model gun safe is. That law has some real teeth!

Cheap gun safes are useless. Expensive gun safes, are well, expensive.

Old 11-22-2023, 08:50 PM

15,644 posts, read 7,679,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
New Jersey law says you have to have a gun safe. When you go to buy a firearm the form asks about what safe you have. After about 15 seconds of a blank look from the buyer the FFL will blurt out what the most common model gun safe is. That law has some real teeth!

Cheap gun safes are useless. Expensive gun safes, are well, expensive.
All a safe does is buy time. That's it. A cheap safe might buy you 5 minutes, a more expensive safe might buy you an hour. During that time, there is a chance the bad guy can get caught. The longer the time, the higher the chances. More expensive safes also offer fire protection. For protecting firearms against kids, a cheapish safe is fine.

Old 11-22-2023, 11:46 PM

19,755 posts, read 10,203,937 times
Quote:
All a safe does is buy time. That's it. A cheap safe might buy you 5 minutes, a more expensive safe might buy you an hour. During that time, there is a chance the bad guy can get caught. The longer the time, the higher the chances. More expensive safes also offer fire protection. For protecting firearms against kids, a cheapish safe is fine.
The safe buys time for the criminal if they invade your home.

Old 11-23-2023, 06:09 AM

23,651 posts, read 14,140,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post

Well, A, B, and C.

A: "WOW, where did you learn to shoot like that?" Another officer asked me when we shot on a rolling deck. Three years on JROTC rifle team. If one starts young and keeps at it, they are probably better at it. Why I'm so deadly at judo....started when I was 10.

B: I shoot better on my weak hand for pistol than my strong hand. Why? No established theory but I believe it is because my weak hand has not gone through all the stresses of life that my strong hand has. Same thing here, maybe, when the hostess says "maybe shoots better than her".

C: Realize that there are different styles of shooting. I am one for taking relatives, including my step nephew, nieces to the range, but would probably keep them, the young, to firing a Ruger .22 than my -15...and certainly not my Uzi or -10. Mind you, they don't or didn't for this was over a decade ago live on a ranch which would be a different set of parameters.

Which throws another rock into it in that these days, I shoot only professionally; the concept of "fun" has long since moved out of the equation. I am fine with my youthful relatives seeing me shoot like that but I am not sure if I would teach them to shoot like that. For if in anything else, I have the credentials to back me of why I shoot like that.
Quote:
..... It is beyond stupid for the woman to be shooting and not closely watching the girl, ready to stop her from doing something dangerous.
I didn't watch the full video but as it was being filmed, it is not unreasonable to assume that there is a safety officer "on the set" but off the camera.
Quote:
New Jersey law says you have to have a gun safe. When you go to buy a firearm the form asks about what safe you have. .......
And for us Pros, who have oodles of oodles of guns, the answer is....WHICH ONE?

Old 11-23-2023, 06:37 AM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 2 days ago)

35,889 posts, read 18,202,668 times
Quote:
Make sure you lock up your pool with a locking hard case unless you are using it. Wear a locking chastity belt and hide the key unless you willingly want to have sex to avoid being raped.

Some laws are just blatantly stupid. You cannot control what people do in their own homes but some of you think you can.
Did you feel this way when that 6 year old kid took his mom's gun and shot his teacher? You thought that was just fine that the gun was completely accessible to him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies