Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2024, 09:56 PM

1,292 posts, read 644,647 times

Advertisements

I think she would have a shot - she has stated that she wasn't proud of America and this resonates with progressives/democrats/leftist scum of which there are many..

Old 01-20-2024, 06:37 AM

6,426 posts, read 3,134,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
I'm with you on this. I've never been a fan of family dynasties, and fortunately, we have not had many.

The troubling thing about Michelle Obama is that the low-information types would vote for her because of her popularity, without any regard to her complete and total inability to actually perform the job.

It would be as comical if the D's wanted to run Jill Biden. The woman cannot even dress herself, much less "act presidential".

VERY well stated!!

Think about how many people would vote for Oprah Winfrey, or worse yet, Taylor Swift, just because they're "popular"......

Old 01-20-2024, 07:38 AM

23,503 posts, read 12,502,824 times
If Obama is the one pulling Biden's* strings, then he would very much want her in that office for him to control and she would be nothing but a figurehead, even more than Biden* is right now. And much like Biden* the media would do her campaigning for her. But the campaigning really won't matter since she too would be selected not elected, whether she wants the job or not. She knows Obama chose her because of politics, he'd even written about that in his book, so she knows that she will have to do what she's told to do.

Old 01-20-2024, 07:40 AM

9,853 posts, read 4,630,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
[/i][/b]

VERY well stated!!

Think about how many people would vote for Oprah Winfrey, or worse yet, Taylor Swift, just because they're "popular"......
I don't know about Oprah Winfrey. The push back she and the Rock got for their Hawaii fund raising efforts indicate fame doesn't translate public approval on everything they do.

https://nypost.com/2023/09/05/oprah-...rd-maui-fires/

But yes Michelle checks all the boxes for a presidential run. Although I think their base is more radical than it was than when Obama was in office. And the Obamas don't seem like the Carters post presidency. Some will resent that.

In the meantime old school Democrats that want to vote and participate in their primary/candidate selection process will get screwed.

Old 01-20-2024, 07:46 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,909 times
Quote:
Michelle Obama is too lazy to actually run.

Now, she's grown fat on her grifting life, and there's no reason for her to change that.

Besides, this woman has literally accomplished nothing meaningful in her life. She's been disbarred, contributed to the gentrification of Cabrini Greene, and honestly, cannot hide her racism.

Keep in mind that she would be DESTROYED in a debate. She's not all that bright, and can only deal with softball questions.

And sure, there's probably SOMETHING to the emasculation that Bubba Clinton felt that has rubbed off on o' Borat Obama. It's bad enough he has to constantly remind her to put the toilet seat down, but it would be far worse for him to call her Mr. President.
The other issue is that the Obamas have a lot of skeletons in their closet, which would all come to light if she got into the WH again.

The Bidens misdeeds and corruption would never have been noticed if he'd just ridden off as a retired Senator. The Obamas can't afford to be Bidened.

Old 01-20-2024, 07:47 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,909 times
Quote:
I'm with you on this. I've never been a fan of family dynasties, and fortunately, we have not had many.

The troubling thing about Michelle Obama is that the low-information types would vote for her because of her popularity, without any regard to her complete and total inability to actually perform the job.

It would be as comical if the D's wanted to run Jill Biden. The woman cannot even dress herself, much less "act presidential".
But those are the folks that voted for Biden and Hillary, so the needle probably wouldn't move much anyway with their votes.

Old 01-20-2024, 08:51 AM

1,586 posts, read 1,128,314 times
"...for the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country."

Her worldview of America seems terrible for someone who would want to lead it. A strikingly ungracious woman full of prejudices. Shows very little faith in her countrymen despite being voted into the White House by a majority of Americans. In her own words, she kept herself from wearing braids in the White House because of her dim view of white Americans as unaccepting. A blanket prejudiced statement over an entire group of people...let's see, there is a word for that... . She stereotyped white people even though we voted them in. No... she fell from grace a long time ago. No thanks and not again.

Old 01-20-2024, 09:23 AM

13,442 posts, read 4,285,423 times
For Michelle to run, she has to take sides in controversial topics and attack and destroy anybody in her way in both parties. She is a celebrity well liked and she is not going to trade that off to become a politician. The same with Oprah

Old 01-20-2024, 02:25 PM

3,766 posts, read 4,100,265 times
I sure hope Barack lets Michelle run because there is no way she could ever get enough votes to win. And that is including all the election fraud that will take place in the cities.

Old 01-20-2024, 02:27 PM

10,551 posts, read 7,743,046 times
This is a nonsense thread with ridiculous speculations. "Barack wouldn't allow it". LOL.

Has Obama publicly expressed any interest in politics? Absolutely not. I believe she's actually said the opposite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies