Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2024, 06:47 AM

8,077 posts, read 7,436,873 times

Advertisements

A friend at work the other day said he doesn't think Barack will let Michelle run. He referenced what happened to Bill, getting pushed into the background when Hillary ran. Barack saw that and will never let that happen to him -- becoming referred to as "Michelle's husband" or "First Gentleman".

Thoughts?

Old 01-19-2024, 06:49 AM

8,494 posts, read 4,738,627 times
My understanding is that Michelle herself wasn’t fond of the White House lifestyle and was happy to be rid of it.

Old 01-19-2024, 07:50 AM

13,447 posts, read 4,289,055 times
She is on the same level as Oprah. A liberal celebrity loved by the media but they will never get in the game because they will get destroyed and look amateur when pressed for details on world affairs and policies. Like Oprah, I have never heard Michelle speak intelligently about a policy or hot buttons. She is the wife of a former President. Let's leave it at that.

Old 01-19-2024, 08:37 AM

8,077 posts, read 7,436,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
She is on the same level as Oprah. A liberal celebrity loved by the media but they will never get in the game because they will get destroyed and look amateur when pressed for details on world affairs and policies. Like Oprah, I have never heard Michelle speak intelligently about a policy or hot buttons. She is the wife of a former President. Let's leave it at that.
What concerns me is the people who believe a ball-scratching stumblebum like Biden got 80 million votes are ready to believe Michelle got 90 million. Whether she can speak intelligently or not, or find Ukraine on a map of Ukraine, does not matter to the low-information types whose votes will be assigned to her.

I think Barack's ego potentially getting in the way of Michelle running, would be a good thing for the country.

Old 01-19-2024, 08:47 AM

13,447 posts, read 4,289,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
What concerns me is the people who believe a ball-scratching stumblebum like Biden got 80 million votes are ready to believe Michelle got 90 million. Whether she can speak intelligently or not, or find Ukraine on a map of Ukraine, does not matter to the low-information types whose votes will be assigned to her.

I think Barack's ego potentially getting in the way of Michelle running, would be a good thing for the country.
She has to be on some ego trip to go from being a house wife and writing books to the President of the U.S.. Her husband at least ran for state senate and then U.S. senator and challenged the Democrat establishment by going in a 50 state primary over a year long but Michelle is going to skip all that and just walk in the Oval Office? LOL. This country doesn't surprises me but We are not there yet.

I will take Michelle serious when she starts talking about policies and taking sides and show the country how she reacts to pressure in a primary.

Old 01-19-2024, 08:53 AM

9,868 posts, read 4,641,933 times
People keep on saying Michelle won't run including conservative pundits but latest gossip has her running.

https://nypost.com/2024/01/17/opinio...nto-2024-race/

I'd say they're trying to control that narrative because they don't people to think the Obamas not happy with their fellow Democrat. Democrats are one big happy family in lock step after all.

It also won't be a good look to primary Biden. Then at the convention they will force Biden to resign and have a floor fight and rubber stamp her candidacy without her having to kiss one baby, caucus or spend money on state primary races. Voters bypassed, money saved and shock of the move could energize their base.

The Dems are planning something but holding off as long as they can. Starting from scratch cleaning up a disaster can only wait so long.

Old 01-19-2024, 10:14 AM

23,219 posts, read 29,040,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
A friend at work the other day said he doesn't think Barack will let Michelle run. He referenced what happened to Bill, getting pushed into the background when Hillary ran. Barack saw that and will never let that happen to him -- becoming referred to as "Michelle's husband" or "First Gentleman".

Thoughts?
From what I've read, Obama always referred to Michele as The Boss!

Nothing new with that! Truman would never sign any bill without first consulting The Boss, his wife Bess!

Old 01-19-2024, 10:17 AM

17,403 posts, read 14,637,091 times
She runs, she wins.

No contest.

Old 01-19-2024, 10:56 AM

25,959 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
She runs, she wins.

No contest.
That's got to be humor! Now, I wouldn't say that if she runs, she would not be PUT in office, but she would not win. You don't have "win" to become POTUS if one is a Democrat based on "history" at this point.

Come on man, she comes across as not that bright. She doesn't "carry" herself like a professional either, and has no relevant experience. Unless they are planning to cheat again, there is no way she would be offered as the candidate.

Old 01-19-2024, 10:59 AM

6,819 posts, read 14,032,189 times
She has said over and over that she has no interest in running for any political office. Either she is not believed are she is feared if she does. Makes no sense to me but it clearly keeps the conspiracy folks up at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies