Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2024, 01:27 AM

24,658 posts, read 9,482,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I don’t get conservatives obsession with Michelle Obama. She has never expressed interest in running, Democrats don’t want her to run, why do you keep bringing her up?
Democrats are the ones who keep bringing her up.

They know that's the only shot they have of electing a female president.

It was Tulsi Gabbard, but she left the Democrats when she realized she wasn't black enough to be VP like Kamala Harris.

Old 01-22-2024, 03:50 AM

1,423 posts, read 758,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monello View Post
Sleeping in bed with a president doesn't qualify you to become president. It's not like there is some sort of presidential osmosis process that takes place at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
Being a money laundering real estate grifter and 2nd tier reality show host aren't qualifications, either, yet here we are.

Old 01-22-2024, 08:45 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,866,246 times
Can you imagine Michelle Obama in a serious debate? She's not the brightest bulb in the ceiling, though she is clearly smarter than Klamidia......Kalama.....whatever her name is. Michelle's world revolves around softball questions.

Michelle Obama is likely too lazy to be president, unless she would attempt to keep a "Biden" schedule in place. And besides, wasn't her husband enough to fill the "First black racist president" identity politics bingo space?

The Democrats absolute obsession with identity politics -- remember, it was SloJoe that replied, when asked about his VP choice, "I'm gonna get me a black woman" -- would definitely guarantee that they would choose Michelle over Harris. Harris is legitimately too stupid to be president (just listen to her brilliant speech about "the passage of time), so even if SloJoe croaks during the summer, they would have to jettison Harris. She's too stupid to lead a ticket, and the ONLY way she could win is if there was a rigged election.

Old 01-23-2024, 05:16 AM

6,467 posts, read 3,163,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Can you imagine Michelle Obama in a serious debate? She's not the brightest bulb in the ceiling, though she is clearly smarter than Klamidia......Kalama.....whatever her name is. Michelle's world revolves around softball questions.

Michelle Obama is likely too lazy to be president, unless she would attempt to keep a "Biden" schedule in place. And besides, wasn't her husband enough to fill the "First black racist president" identity politics bingo space?

The Democrats absolute obsession with identity politics -- remember, it was SloJoe that replied, when asked about his VP choice, "I'm gonna get me a black woman" -- would definitely guarantee that they would choose Michelle over Harris. Harris is legitimately too stupid to be president (just listen to her brilliant speech about "the passage of time), so even if SloJoe croaks during the summer, they would have to jettison Harris. She's too stupid to lead a ticket, and the ONLY way she could win is if there was a rigged election.
Agreed.......

Old 01-23-2024, 10:37 AM

9,901 posts, read 4,663,177 times
Since this won't die the only thing I think is keeping this going are those that want Biden to resign NOW. But if resigns now others would want the D nomination. It will be decided with super delegates at their convention but this gives other time to negotiate or get delegates on their side. In some respects Barrack would be just as happy to see Biden resign now and others run/take the nomination. But this is the only reason I can think this 'news' or rumor won't die-to pressure Biden to quit.

They also need to pressure Harris not run or ask for VP slot. Supposedly she's been offered a deal or two to leave. But again all this comes back to pressuring Biden to resign or announce he's not running. But they do have to be careful leveraging Harris out of the President or VP slot. I think if Biden announces he's not running this will go away and they'll let the remaining primary playout.

Old 01-23-2024, 04:32 PM

6,467 posts, read 3,163,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
Michelle in a serious debate would only be against Trump. All she would have to do to win the debate (i.e., be reported as the winner by 99% of all media) is to look at the camera while slowly shaking her head with palms up every time Trump says anything. The point is, Michelle is an empty vessel. She's a moderate, a liberal, a hawk, a dove, a patriot, a rebel, whatever you see her as, is what she is.

Joe got 81 million votes in 2020. History would love to record that Michelle got 91 million in 2024.

Nobody on either side wants Joe to resign NOW. That would mean 11+ months of Madame President Kamala Harris.
I agree. And with respect to your comments about Michelle debating Trump, it would be Leticia James, Part Deux.......

Old 01-23-2024, 09:02 PM

88,626 posts, read 84,895,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
A friend at work the other day said he doesn't think Barack will let Michelle run. He referenced what happened to Bill, getting pushed into the background when Hillary ran. Barack saw that and will never let that happen to him -- becoming referred to as "Michelle's husband" or "First Gentleman".

Thoughts?
Somehow I don't think "Barack won't let Michelle" is how that marriages operates.

Old 01-25-2024, 07:47 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,866,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Somehow I don't think "Barack won't let Michelle" is how that marriages operates.
To be fair, she's probably got 50 pounds on him.

I still think she's too lazy to run. She's not used to accomplishing anything, yet still loves when the press fawns over her every move. Given how little -- if any -- vetting her husband got, we might have reached a point where at least some of the press would not be so kid-glove with her. She probably is about as accomplished as Claudine Gay, and we all know how that turned out.

Old 01-25-2024, 07:53 PM

8,499 posts, read 6,905,797 times
Give me a break. She has publicly stated she has no interest in ever being back in the political scene. She has a law degree from Harvard and has been a practicing attorney. And all you can do is make a vulgar remark about her weight. Pathetic.

Old 01-26-2024, 06:26 AM

9,512 posts, read 9,834,126 times
We do know however, that Barrack and Michelle along with John Sununu, is actively working behind the scenes to dump Biden, with Sununu supporting Haley. It's a weird pairing to us, but it's normal operations for those in DC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies