Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2024, 11:11 AM

6,463 posts, read 3,157,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
.... And all you can do is make a vulgar remark about her weight. Pathetic.
Well, she ain't no Kristin Chenowith, that's for sure!! Besides, the comment was far from vulgar, and given the negative swipes that Michelle has taken at the US, in the past, she's earned a few digs in her direction.....

Old 01-26-2024, 01:08 PM

9,503 posts, read 9,830,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I don’t get conservatives obsession with Michelle Obama. She has never expressed interest in running, Democrats don’t want her to run, why do you keep bringing her up?
Because conservatives pay attention. Doesn't matter if dem voters want her to run or not.

Biden will not be on the ballot in November. Someone has to be in his place. With such short notice (August), someone who has huge name recognition so the mindless sheep can vote and certainly wont' be Kamala.

Old 01-26-2024, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Because conservatives pay attention. Doesn't matter if dem voters want her to run or not.

Biden will not be on the ballot in November. Someone has to be in his place. With such short notice (August), someone who has huge name recognition so the mindless sheep can vote and certainly wont' be Kamala.
Agreed!

Old 01-27-2024, 02:48 PM

168 posts, read 71,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
Thoughts?

Honestly if she ran and got the nomination, I'd take a guess she would literally self destruct when facing the heat from high pressure / tough questions / tough debates , etc, etc.

Barack Obama, for all his flaws (there's a lot of them) was at least an amazing public speaker and had a ton of charisma. I believe lots of people just automatically assume his wife will just magically show up with those same external traits.

I also don't think she'd win. Like Hillary Clinton, she would be assigned the baggage of her husband. Solyndra, Fast & Furious, the IRS scandal, Benghazi, that would all be left on her doorstep from Day 1. Fair or not.

Old 01-27-2024, 04:00 PM

35,084 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCapacity View Post
Honestly if she ran and got the nomination, I'd take a guess she would literally self destruct when facing the heat from high pressure / tough questions / tough debates , etc, etc.
The press would protect her, not to worry. The timer would magically interrupt and bail her out.

Old 01-28-2024, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
The press would protect her, not to worry. The timer would magically interrupt and bail her out.
Sadly, VERY sadly, I agree.

Old 01-28-2024, 09:03 PM

168 posts, read 71,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post

The majority of the corporate legacy media and MSM will attempt to run cover for her, however their overall audience capture is cratering.

One of the reasons that Biden is hemorrhaging younger voters is that that segment disproportionately get their news / current events from social media. Where independent media has a more pronounced foothold.

In order to attempt to show she had real political chops, she'd have to debate Trump, in which case Barack Obama's entire record becomes free game to be audited again in public. The DNC would have to live with Fast & Furious being revived again and again. ( Using taxpayer dollars to send assault rifles to drug cartels, which are now shoving fentanyl and millions of illegal immigrants across the Southern Border)

Fair or not, Michelle Obama would have to answer for Barack Obama's political record. Trump would completely crush her in a debate.

Old 01-29-2024, 05:17 AM

8,982 posts, read 21,177,929 times
I am sure that Barack doesn't have that level of control over his former law firm boss that he can "prevent" her from running if she really wanted to. He's even claimed in the past that she is the smarter of the two. (Note that I didn't write that last sentence as a setup for dissenters. )

Not unlike Hillary with Bill, Michelle often functioned as an unpaid adviser to Barack as someone to credibly bounce thoughts and ideas off of.

Seeing how VP Harris is currently treated in irrelevant, prejudiced ways by oppositional (social) media - and having suffered through her own racist tropes while in the White House - I imagine Michelle is not eager to subject herself to that type of abuse when she can choose a more peaceful life instead.

Last edited by FindingZen; 01-29-2024 at 05:32 AM..

Old 01-29-2024, 05:51 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,477,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
To be fair, she's probably got 50 pounds on him.

I still think she's too lazy to run. She's not used to accomplishing anything, yet still loves when the press fawns over her every move. Given how little -- if any -- vetting her husband got, we might have reached a point where at least some of the press would not be so kid-glove with her. She probably is about as accomplished as Claudine Gay, and we all know how that turned out.
"The press fawns over her every move"? I read 3 newspapers a day and I can`t remember the last time I saw her name in any one of them. Where do you people come up with this stuff?
I would suggest that your time would be better spent finding a candidate without 91 felony charges to run against Biden.

Old 01-29-2024, 01:37 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,385,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
"The press fawns over her every move"? I read 3 newspapers a day and I can`t remember the last time I saw her name in any one of them. Where do you people come up with this stuff?
I would suggest that your time would be better spent finding a candidate without 91 felony charges to run against Biden.
Meh.
The MAGA fear Michelle Obama and Hillary Clinton with a black dread so deep it's bottomless.
They're like chickens who scatter for cover when the shadow of a hawk passes over them.

Both those ladies are not hawks. One never was, and the other one might have been a hawk once, but it comfortably in the her nest now.

That' makes no difference to chickens, though. They'll run for cover if anything vaguely resembles a threat, and then puff up and cluck furiously once safe in their coop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies