Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 06:26 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Who would want to repeal the Patriot Act? It has prevented several terrorist attacks.
Who indeed? I would be for expanding it. The problem is that the Democrats have convinced the American people that we are spying on them, which is a gross misrepresentation of the facts. We are wire tapping suspected terrorist, and we should be allowed to do that.

The libs want to totally hamstring our ability to gain intelligence about the activities of our enemies.

You just can't fight a war effectively with one hand tied behind your back, which is what the Democrats want us to do.

Last edited by nononsenseguy; 08-03-2008 at 06:27 PM.. Reason: Spelling correction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2008, 06:33 PM

1,518 posts, read 2,762,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Who indeed? I would be for expanding it. The problem is that the Democrats have convinced the American people that we are spying on them, which is a gross misrepresentation of the facts. We are wire tapping suspected terrorist, and we should be allowed to do that.

The libs want to totally hamstring our ability to gain intelligence about the activities of our enemies.

You just can't fight a war effectively with one hand tied behind your back, which is what the Democrats want us to do.
It is actually conservative minds with strong facts that have convinced me. But alas... you have a baseless point to add to your diatribe. Please continue...

Old 08-03-2008, 06:50 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
But if a conservative like Paul were running, I'd gladly forgo all of that in favor of a scaled down Fed and greatly enhanced states' rights.
I like Ron Paul, and I urged my Congressman to join the Liberty Committee, which he finally did.

Quote:
3. There's no shortage of allegations to our current administration, because they are dirty and rotten, plain and simple (see Ockham's Razor). You sound like you've been in a Fox News vacuum for the last 8 years, LOL.
Be more specific. You are using generalities, and sounding like a Democrat with that.

Quote:
4. Our fore fathers were the antithesis of Bush and McCain. You are seriously confused. <-- D'oh!
Perhaps true, but I was'nt comparing Bush or current Republicans to our founders, either. Sorry if I confused you.

Quote:
6. So, former dems have taken over Fox News... and made it... staunchly Republican? Wow?!
Who said that? I didn't.

Quote:
7. Remember as a good pres? Pffffttt... then why is he compelled to hide his records? Executive Order 13233 anyone??? Why is the WH shredding bill so high now? What else is he hiding and how much is enough?
I have no idea what your talking about here. Where are you getting this stuff?
Quote:
Bush will be remembered as the worst President in history as innumerable polls (inc. Fox!) already indicate (see chart).
Don't think so. Who's polls? Polls can be rigged to get whatever results you want.
Quote:
The last paragraph of his legacy (or lack thereof) will read of his House Judiciary impeachment proceedings and the long list of allegations he and his cronies were up against. He will also be remembered for lying to the American people about Iraq and invading a sovereign nations under knowingly false information.
Give me a break! Now your sounding like the Democrats. The intellegence we had was what it was, and even the Clinton administration was concerned about Sadam and "WMD's" in the hands of Sadam. Bush didn't create this on his own (and besides, we know Sadam did have them, because he had used them). The question should be, "where did they go". There was plenty of time to get them out of the country. Bush's position on Iraq and WMD's was no different from the former administration.
Quote:
He will be remembered for all the troops and private citizens he killed over there. He will be remembered for his regression of civil liberty, states' and human rights, and habeas corpus and for his violation of (or rather, retooling) of Geneva Convention POW rights,
Geneva Convention doesn't apply.
Quote:
He will be remembered for leaking Plame's identity, pardoning Libby;
He didn't leak Plames identity, nor did anyone else in his administration
Quote:
creating a huge deficit from a surplus,
I'll give you that one, and I've gotta run, as I'm being called.

What are you smoking?! I need some!

8. So, Rove is indemnified from congressional requests to testify and even a subpoena? The guy is so dirty... it speaks worlds that supposed 'conservative' would stand behing such a rotten human being.

9. Bush has REDEFINED executive privilege. C'mon?! Puff, puff, give... Clinton can't touch his record with a 10 foot pole. BTW, look at chart (clinton/bush) which only validates my original comment in that people care more about infidelity than attacking a country under false pretense and killing hundreds of thousands.

I don't know why I'm even telling you this... usually with your ilk it's in one ear, out the other... so anyway... thank the almighty you and your bunch are in the extreme minority in this country. we may be able to salvage this place just yet before we go down in a ball of flames like every 'Great Nation' before us...

[Sigh] Why do I spend my time trying to educate those who would not listen; doing all this homework you'd prefer not know and purposely avoid; all the while YOU effervescing a willingness to let our nation go down the drain all the while supporting the villains and tyrants of our time with open arms... I gotta get outta here! I don't think my hard work and dedication to this country is appreciated by folks like you. I'm on a mission to bring this country back to its core values... you, well...[/quote]

Old 08-03-2008, 10:26 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,325,190 times
Quote:
Edit: I can't resist... which terrorist attacks are those?
I've posted that answer about 3 times already on this message board and I'm tired of posting it every time that question is asked. Do a search on this board and learn for yourself.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I've posted that answer about 3 times already on this message board and I'm tired of posting it every time that question is asked. Do a search on this board and learn for yourself.
Rhetorical. The answer is none.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:55 AM

Quote:
I like Ron Paul,
Hmmm... and both him and Bush are telling the truth? You've got a problem that needs to be sorted...

Quote:
Be more specific. You are using generalities, and sounding like a Democrat with that.
I'm tired of repeating myself. But this is a rather obvious one that doesn't require my repeated citations. Just the same I've listed some of his many wrongdoings in the very post you are responding too, lol.

Quote:
Perhaps true, but I was'nt comparing Bush or current Republicans to our founders, either. Sorry if I confused you.
"Truth is, our founding fathers were "right-wing nuts"

Uhh, yes you were. You see, I called [and Bush] a right wing nut. You likened him to our founding fathers. Sorry if you confused yourself.

Quote:
Who said that? I didn't.
But alas...

Quote:
Do we wonder why we have such biased reporting in the newspapers around the country, and on the TV networks? It's because they are all filled with former Democrat Party operatives and staffers.
... you did...

Quote:
I have no idea what your talking about here. Where are you getting this stuff?
This is an example of why any due diligence is a waste on you... you're bull headed, and you do no homework. Most of the crap he pulls is public record and yet... here you are. Go look up that executive order, duuuhhhh (hint: I already posted the link which explains it!)... Fed spending on paper shredding has increased 600% on Bush's watch sourced by usaspending.gov Fresh Intelligence : Radar Online : Document shredding Increased 600 Percent Under George W. Bush

Duuuuhhhh...

Quote:
Don't think so. Who's polls? Polls can be rigged to get whatever results you want.
Fox POLLS included so I guess you're in what we call a dichotomy!!! Every poll is listed on my aforementioned chart. The consensus in America has emanated the very same thing. But thank you anyway for indirectly validating that which we already know, and nullifying your previous positive comments on Fox (and once more, for not paying attention in class when I posted a chart in the post to which you respond). More so, the fact that you don't know that Bush have very low approval and has for quite some time really speaks toward your credibility on the subject of politics. The icing on the cake are the hard facts in my previous post that you collectively ignore.

''Who IS Polls indeed'. LMAO

Fresh Intelligence : Radar Online : Document shredding Increased 600 Percent Under George W. Bush

Quote:
Give me a break! Now your sounding like the Democrats.
Is that your catch all now? You're not a very good debater.

Quote:
The intellegence we had was what it was, and even the Clinton administration was concerned about Sadam and "WMD's" in the hands of Sadam. Bush didn't create this on his own (and besides, we know Sadam did have them, because he had used them). The question should be, "where did they go". There was plenty of time to get them out of the country. Bush's position on Iraq and WMD's was no different from the former administration. Geneva Convention doesn't apply. He didn't leak Plames identity, nor did anyone else in his administration I'll give you that one, and I've gotta run, as I'm being called.
OMG buddy! You are embarrassing yourself even further now! Have you been underneath a lagoon for the last 5 or so years. It has already been widely reported by many in both the CIA and FBI (and other intelligence communities, high level officials, etc.) that Bush (more so Cheney) ignored the preponderance of evidence that showed that Iraq has NO weapons of mass destruction, overwhelming evidence in fact, prior to the invasion. And it's been reported by Paul 'O Neill (and others) that Bush and Cheney (and other members of his cabinet) where in meetings months before 9-11 in a run-up to the invasion of Iraq. Shoot, Bush was in talks with Iraqi opposition shortly after taking office. Don't you find it rather convenient then, the whole tall tale of WMDs? I guess especially now since it's been totally discredited, and even Bush admits to that.

The war of terror should have never ended up there and Hussein had no connection to terrorists, more so to 9-11... smoke and mirrors. Nations like Pakistan which were (and still are) a safe haven for terrorists have been willfully ignored.

This may all come off a shock to you. It's almost ridiculous citing the obvious on this one, but just so you know, the Allies won WWII.

I've come to the determination that you and Fleet either work for Fox News or the [neo] GOP. You both have the requisite level of understanding of current events that is needed for either job.

Last edited by tekka-maki; 08-04-2008 at 07:33 AM..

Old 08-04-2008, 07:13 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
Somebody has to give FOX News talking points. They are too lazy or cheap to do any investigation and too stupid to make up their own. The entire FOX network, with a couple of entertaining exceptions, is nothing by a fear and neocon agitprop broadcaster designed to keep people fearful and uncritical of the government. Gobbles is laughing in Hell.

Old 08-05-2008, 07:38 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,122,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Gobbles is laughing in Hell.
Gobbles? The turkey from the South Park Thanksgiving episode?

Old 08-05-2008, 08:10 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,733,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Somebody has to give FOX News talking points. They are too lazy or cheap to do any investigation and too stupid to make up their own. The entire FOX network, with a couple of entertaining exceptions, is nothing by a fear and neocon agitprop broadcaster designed to keep people fearful and uncritical of the government. Gobbles is laughing in Hell.
O'Reilly doesn't get talking points that's for sure.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:52 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,787,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
Today on Hardball, former White House press secretary Scott McClellan admitted to Chris Matthews that the Bush administration has regularly given "talking points" to Fox News commentators (such as O'Reilly and Hannity) to act as the White House's spokespeople.

'Bout time someone with insider information on the White House has finally admitted that Bushco uses Fox News as their mouthpiece, which, in effect, makes Fox News neither fair nor balanced, as they so adamantly proclaim to be.

msnbc.com Video Player

(the part about Fox News referenced above happens at the time stamp 4:20-5:40 on this video)
This is nothing new. The RNC, DNC, White House, Senate and House Whips distribute talking points every day. It's not a secret that warrants ALL CAPS either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies