Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 08:48 PM

1,518 posts, read 2,762,244 times

Advertisements

Haha, good luck finding a journalist with any sort of integrity admitting to that. Chris Matthews (in this interview) vehement denies it. But we've all known Fox News' journalistic integrity for some time now. I'm sure this is no shocker to anyone but the incredibly naive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2008, 07:04 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Watch the video again if you don't ghet the fact that he sais....

THIS HAPPENS ON BOTH SIDES!!!!!!

If your going to bite into something Chris Mathews is going to string you along. If you will just notice by looking more carefully then you did the first time......time and time again he was interrupted and words put in his mouth. The words he spoke said that happens on both sides. The guys trying to sell a book and Chris Mathews is trying to catch up to Fox.....is that your news source?

If you can respond back with anything other than ohhh I missed that part you will lose all credibility.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:43 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,957,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post

If your going to bite into something Chris Mathews is going to string you along. If you will just notice by looking more carefully then you did the first time......time and time again he was interrupted and words put in his mouth. The words he spoke said that happens on both sides. The guys trying to sell a book and Chris Mathews is trying to catch up to Fox.....is that your news source?

If you can respond back with anything other than ohhh I missed that part you will lose all credibility.
Thats the funny thing about many of the posts here concerning these topics. People act no different than the claims they make about various issues. They come here, post a misleading report, insert their own biased twist and then push it to the people. The news does this and many posters do this. Pot meet kettle it is.

What I find funny is that they defend till their dying breath that they are being objective in the face of all the facts. Its quite comical, though it is also scary at how people have become. Are they just too stupid to smell their own BS or are they just down right devious in the first place? I can never tell to be honest.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:48 AM

Quote:

Texdav:
'They all issue talking points to evry network.'

I stated that Chris Matthews vehemently denies ever having done this and good luck finding any journalist w/integrity that would admit to this. Who said anything contrary to 'this happens on both sides'? Your only rebuttal is one of apathy and I'm not a participant.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:23 AM

Ignorance is bliss.

Old 07-27-2008, 01:20 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,197,413 times
Quote:
So his book deal has no bearing (best seller)? His ability to even bring in income from that book has him now with an unbiased opinion?

I watched him in front of the oversight committee....he avoided every question possible. Then leaves and comes out with his own book....

Yup no agenda there.

Comparing this to rape is a joke at best.

I guess you also missed the part where he says both sides. when put on the spot.

They didn't play that part long they focused one 1/2 of his statement.

Don't believe me watch again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Thats the funny thing about many of the posts here concerning these topics. People act no different than the claims they make about various issues. They come here, post a misleading report, insert their own biased twist and then push it to the people. The news does this and many posters do this. Pot meet kettle it is.

What I find funny is that they defend till their dying breath that they are being objective in the face of all the facts. Its quite comical, though it is also scary at how people have become. Are they just too stupid to smell their own BS or are they just down right devious in the first place? I can never tell to be honest.
This is a response to both above posts.

Again for about the zillionth time I have mentioned or pointed this out, I realize and I accept that both left and right have their slant and try to promote their views. In fact, I even welcome this as I am not ignorant enough to think that there is some source of unbiased information out there.

What gets me about folks such as yourselves and this includes those who keep Keith Olberman types in their pockets as well as that you folks could give a damn about whether something is right or wrong, you only care that something supports your already determined views.

In the case of McClellan, folks on the right held him on their shoulders as a prophet of truth and righteousness, as they do anyone and everyone from the position that agrees with their views. When he decided to follow his conscious or even his wallet, it should be noted that this administration has not refuted almost anything, but instead have resorted to typical political assassination. I suspect he certainly does have an agenda, we would be foolish to think otherwise, but then again, this administration and those on the left have an agenda as well and to think otherwise would be foolish. Agenda or not, if it is done from personal reasons then we would hear cries from the administration denouncing it and refuting it, but we don't because as most of us people with any lick of common sense already know, it is probably true what he states.

One thing I have noticed about the state of politics that holds true for both right and left, is that it wouldn't matter if Bush/Clinton were standing in times square wearing a diaper, cocaine smeared on their face, bottle of whiskey in one hand and an AK47 in the other shooting up a school yard, because each side would attempt to defend or rationalize this kind of behavior as though it had an excuse. Hence why people don't give a damn about truth because if they did it would force them to attempt to see things objectively instead of the typical emotionally driven reactionary that is so prevelent today.

Old 07-27-2008, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Ignorance is bliss.
Yes ignorance (and apathy) truly are. I agree 100%

Old 07-27-2008, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post

What gets me about folks such as yourselves and this includes those who keep Keith Olberman types in their pockets as well as that you folks could give a damn about whether something is right or wrong, you only care that something supports your already determined views.

And you seem a hell of a lot different than us...

Nice talking with you guys even if we disagree.

At least TNHilltopper gave a thorough explanation into his beliefs instead of posting childish pics.

Old 07-27-2008, 04:07 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,197,413 times
Quote:
And you seem a hell of a lot different than us...

Nice talking with you guys even if we disagree.

At least TNHilltopper gave a thorough explanation into his beliefs instead of posting childish pics.
Well BigJon, thing is that it does not bother me to be wrong and in fact I would rather be wrong a thousand times on my own accord than to be right once by mere chance or happenstance that something concurs with an already held belief. I, like everyone else has a set of beliefs and a point of view and I can freely admit that I get it wrong, sometimes more often than not. The difference between myself and many, is that I am willing to adopt and adjust my views as the facts or even consensus dictates. I could care less if a person is a democrat, conservative, republican, liberal or libertarian, as I do know this much, not one of these perspectives and views holds all the absolute answers, nor do they represent the most righteous of ways. Individual circumstances and situations will have an appropriate response and sometimes it is more this way or that way but life is not a series of absolutes.

In the case of Fox being given talking points by the White House, this is just wrong. If MSNBC or CNN are caught doing this as well, then they are just as wrong because it is wrong, not because I agree or disagree with the majority of views held by one or the other. Also, as mentioned in the piece, other news outlets (and I suspect nearly all) promote their own agenda and perspectives but I have yet to see evidence that the White House worked in conjunction with CNN during the Clinton administration to promote its views. They may have, but I haven't seen any evidence of this.

I am slamming Fox because they are a joke if they believe they are fair and balanced. However, I also happen to think that 95% of what passes as news programming in the United States is a joke and is most laughable. I do enjoy that these "news" channels have a slant, in fact I think it is healthy to a degree, but people would be best served by varying their diet of programming and sources of information and coming to their own conclusions instead of taking the word of any single source, would they not? Even at the expense of being wrong?

Old 07-27-2008, 05:24 PM

"MATTHEWS: Did you see FOX television as a tool when you were in the White House, as a useful avenue for getting your message out?

MCCLELLAN: Well, I make a distinction between the journalists and between the commentators. Certainly, there were commentators and others, pundits, at FOX News that were helpful to the White House.(CROSSTALK)

MCCLELLAN: Certainly, we got talking points...(CROSSTALK)

MCCLELLAN: ... those people.

MATTHEWS: Did people say, call Sean, call Bill, call whoever? Did you do that as a regular thing?(CROSSTALK)

MCCLELLAN: Certainly. Certainly. It wasn`t necessarily something I was doing, but it was something that we at the White House, yes, were doing and getting them talking points and making sure they knew where we were coming from.

MATTHEWS: So, you were giving them talking points...(CROSSTALK)

MCCLELLAN: But I would separate the journalists.(CROSSTALK)

MATTHEWS: No, no, this is important.

MCCLELLAN: Yes.

MATTHEWS: You were using these commentators as your spokespeople?

MCCLELLAN: Well, certainly. I mean, certainly. I think that happens to both ways, when people go on other networks, as well, that are -- that are favorable towards Democrats and so forth.

MATTHEWS: Well, nobody has ever fed me any crap like that, so I don`t know what you`re talking about.(CROSSTALK)

MCCLELLAN: Well, you`re an independent-minded guy.

MATTHEWS: I -- I -- thank you.But aren`t you a little embarrassed by the fact that your White House used a television network which is purportedly fair and balanced as your mouthpiece?

MCCLELLAN: Well, I think everybody in this town uses people that are going to be helpful to their cause to try to shape the narrative to their advantage.

MATTHEWS: But a whole network?

MCCLELLAN: Again, I would separate the journalists, because the journalists that I worked with were people, just like the rest of the White House press corps, who would try to report the news.

MATTHEWS: So, you wouldn`t use Brit Hume as somebody to sell stuff for, but you would use the nighttime guys?

MCCLELLAN: Yes, I would separate that out. And, certainly, and they will say that that`s because they agree with those views in the White House.

MATTHEWS: Well, they didn`t need a script, though, did they?

MCCLELLAN: Well, probably not.
"

LexisNexis News - Latest News from over 4,000 sources, including newspapers, tv transcripts, wire services, magazines, journals.

I guess you can take that however you want....if your foaming at the mouth I could see being blinded to the other words that were spoken and focusing in one Chris' questions like a rabid dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies