Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 03:10 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
Rhetorical. The answer is none.
Again, I have posted the answer several times.
If you have been reading the threads on this board within the last 6 months or so, you would have read what I posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 04:26 PM

1,518 posts, read 2,761,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Again, I have posted the answer several times.
If you have been reading the threads on this board within the last 6 months or so, you would have read what I posted.
There is no answer because nobody can qualitatively claim with any degree of certainty that the Patriot Act has done zilch to protect us from any terrorist attack. In fact, it can be proven that within it (and it's revisions), that it curtails a great deal of civil liberties progress made in this country since its inception and it also allows the Fed to alleviate many checks and balances that were put in place to prevent the Fed from doing precisely what it is doing now: overstepping it's boundaries.

What does it matter what you wrote, or what hogwash you cite, when I already know the reality? The Patriot Act is, was, and always will be a stain to the likes of our constitution; state's rights; and personal rights, and is an embarrassment to our nation.

IF you; some corrupt, lazy politicians (to varying degrees); and a handful of people (likely more devout Fox viewers) think otherwise, well that's fine. I'll listen to those thorough enough in Congress (hint: not many) and in Law that have actually read the Patriot Act, ascertained all it's implications (initially, and each time it has been revised), and subsequently relayed this information to me, not your layman 'opinion' on a message board.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
-Benjamin Franklin

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor"
-William Shakespeare

Last edited by tekka-maki; 08-05-2008 at 04:44 PM..

Old 08-05-2008, 06:59 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,732,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
This is nothing new. The RNC, DNC, White House, Senate and House Whips distribute talking points every day. It's not a secret that warrants ALL CAPS either.
That's not completely true. O'reilly doesn't not receive talking points from the White House, and he's always being accused.

Old 08-06-2008, 06:44 AM

Because he's the poster child neo-con. He doesn't need talking points; they can communicate to him telepathically.

Old 08-07-2008, 03:11 AM

Quote:
There is no answer because nobody can qualitatively claim with any degree of certainty that the Patriot Act has done zilch to protect us from any terrorist attack. In fact, it can be proven that within it (and it's revisions), that it curtails a great deal of civil liberties progress made in this country since its inception and it also allows the Fed to alleviate many checks and balances that were put in place to prevent the Fed from doing precisely what it is doing now: overstepping it's boundaries.

What does it matter what you wrote, or what hogwash you cite, when I already know the reality? The Patriot Act is, was, and always will be a stain to the likes of our constitution; state's rights; and personal rights, and is an embarrassment to our nation.

IF you; some corrupt, lazy politicians (to varying degrees); and a handful of people (likely more devout Fox viewers) think otherwise, well that's fine. I'll listen to those thorough enough in Congress (hint: not many) and in Law that have actually read the Patriot Act, ascertained all it's implications (initially, and each time it has been revised), and subsequently relayed this information to me, not your layman 'opinion' on a message board.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
-Benjamin Franklin

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor"
-William Shakespeare
Since you are too lazy to research it:
9/11-Style Attacks Foiled by Patriot Act

Also, I'm sure Ben Franklin and William Shakespeare would have very different quotes if they were here on 9/11/01

Old 08-07-2008, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Because he's the poster child neo-con. He doesn't need talking points; they can communicate to him telepathically.
How is that so?
He has criticized Bush and Republicans many times (do you actually watch his show?)
And many of his ideals and beliefs are on the liberal side.

Old 08-07-2008, 03:27 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Oh for Godsake. Haven't any of you ninnies heard of a "press release"? Politicians of all stripes have been putting them out for decades. So have corporations, universities, interest groups, NPOs, NGOs and all kinds of organizations. But when the Bush Administration does it, you're all like "OMGWTFBBQ! Scandal! SCANDAL!!!! IMPEACH!!!11!1!!1!one!!1!one!!1!!"

What a bunch of cackling hens you people are.

I really need to stop straying into the P&OC forum, because every time I do I get a knot in my stomach knowing that these are people with whom I share a democracy.

Last edited by Drover; 08-07-2008 at 03:35 AM..

Old 08-07-2008, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
How is that so?
He has criticized Bush and Republicans many times (do you actually watch his show?)
And many of his ideals and beliefs are on the liberal side.
He criticizes Bush like a father criticizes his favorite, golden child. Who the heck are you kidding? Do you actually watch his show? I have enough (when I could tolerate him). That coupled with the excerpts I see of him blowing his lid and his melodramatic rants (about all I can bear now) tell the tale. You live in fantasy world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Oh for Godsake. Haven't any of you ninnies heard of a "press release"? Politicians of all stripes have been putting them out for decades. So have corporations, universities, interest groups, NPOs, NGOs and all kinds of organizations. But when the Bush Administration does it, you're all like "OMGWTFBBQ! Scandal! SCANDAL!!!! IMPEACH!!!11!1!!1!one!!1!one!!1!!"

I really need to stop straying into the P&OC forum, because every time I do I get a knot in my stomach knowing that these are people with whom I share a democracy.
Yeah, because there's no reason to impeach Bush beyond some silly talking points for the naive sheeple that now make up the minority of this country that think Bush is a do-gooder. Go watch the hearing before the House judiciary about Bush (CORRECTION: Bush Administration, lol) and his wrongdoings and get back to us when you're ready to argue these 35 solid reasons to impeach.

Dennis Kucinich's 35 Articles of Impeachment Against George W. Bush | AfterDowningStreet.org

This crap here wouldn't even quality as icing on the cake... it's been well known for awhile Fox News is jaded. Nothing more poignant to me then when they were trying their hardest to sell the war in Iran. They might was well play the same tapes in which they sold the war in Iraq and just dub/voice over every time they said 'Iraq' and change it to 'Iran'. Just the same, I don't blame Fox, I blame a society that has allowed themselves to be dumbed down by all this argumentum ad nauseam.

YouTube - Fox News Propaganda: Iraq 2003=Iran 2007

Last edited by tekka-maki; 08-07-2008 at 07:39 AM..

Old 08-07-2008, 07:54 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,732,937 times
Quote:
Oreilly is far form neocon.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:59 AM

5,341 posts, read 4,429,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post

Well said!

I don't give out rep points too often but, apparently you have said something recently that was just as stellar. I'll catch up with you later to rep you again.

Fleet, don't you feel like you are talking to the wall yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies