Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2008, 05:58 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,482,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Look, if you can't come up with an intelligent response, please don't resort to name calling. Try it again. But this time comment on what was actually said in my post about how people who voted for "change" have been deceived. Take as much time as you need.
Well, at least you avoided replying to the point. But just so I'm clear on this, are you saying that there is no inconsistency in claiming before the election that Obama was just an undefined puffball of change with no specific promises, plans, or policies, and then claiming after the election that Obama is somehow backpedaling on all those specific promises, plans, and policies that he made? How many legs do you see that argument standing on? I'm just estimating, but I'd see something a lot less than one....

Old 11-27-2008, 06:07 AM

127 posts, read 378,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Well duh, I'm white too and couldn't care less... maybe because I am also Jewish, I have a little more perspective on the issue, but really? Maybe it's time for the "white" (whatever that means) people to become a minority, so they can a taste of their own medicine.
So you have a pale complexion but you don't care about race or ethnicity. Well then you're not white. Most of the people in the world do care about race and ethnicity. And because you're Jewish you have more perspective. Well then you would have to agree that white Christians have more perspective about Jews and how they took refuge in Europe and the US but always criticized western civilization. Now why would they do that? They fled Europe and established themselves and their marxism in universities, media and politics. Now why would they do that? They want diversity for white Christians but not for themselves. Now why would they do that? Because they are anti white and anti Christian and anti western civilization. Maybe we need to "care less" about Jews. So you think whites need to get a taste of their own medicine. Then you are confirming that you are an anti white democrat just as this topic declared.

Old 11-27-2008, 06:19 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Only in the eyes of narrow-minded, short-sighted, white-male supremacists. Being a white dude gets you to the starting line, just like everybody else. There's nothing special about you. Turn a page. Get your head out of the sand. Whining about actually having to make your own way isn't going to get you anywhere any more...

Thank you for the all too predictable anti-white male rant. If I oppose affirmative discrimination, I must be a bigot, Right?

Being white gets me to the starting line? OK, But being female or black gets me to first base. It doesn't mean I hit a single, It means I got a base on balls. Fine. If I'm born wealthy, I start on third base. I didn't hit a triple. I started there, and if I'm black or female too, I'm scoring automatically. The criteria for affirmative discrimination is gender and race, nothing else.

So where did you start?

Old 11-27-2008, 07:29 AM

540 posts, read 630,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Well, at least you avoided replying to the point. But just so I'm clear on this, are you saying that there is no inconsistency in claiming before the election that Obama was just an undefined puffball of change with no specific promises, plans, or policies, and then claiming after the election that Obama is somehow backpedaling on all those specific promises, plans, and policies that he made? How many legs do you see that argument standing on? I'm just estimating, but I'd see something a lot less than one....
The only thing you don't understand about your own quote is that you don't understand your own writing, analyze your own thinking. Maybe you should read what you write? Both statements have legs because both are true.
The obama backers voted for the same tired old story that the demwits have been peddling for years. This guys pitch is so old its not just a copy it is a carbon copy.
Run on the left to buy the votes of the ne'r do wells then run to the center and try to govern. Hmmm...maybe we have seen this somewhere before -like for about 50 years.
Shorten your letters there some and you'll understand yourself better.
They are precisely election plans and promises.
Promise defined: To pledge to give. I pledge to give you something and all you have to give me in return is your little vote. Since that little vote doesn't take much time or cost much, don't be surprised or insulted if I only give you back a little and then we'll call it even. Sugar tit for tat.

Old 11-27-2008, 07:45 AM

37,221 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Back to the topic of the thread.

I don't see the Democratic party as being racist in the least. If anything, theirs is a pragmatic view of affairs. it won't be too many more years before "white" folks will be in the minority in America.

Deal with it. It sounds like the Demos already have. Everyone is welcome in the "Big Tent", regardless of race, color, wealth, sexual orientation, religion, or any of the other dividers that are used to keep people separated into pigeonholes, and it's the reason they won this election and will probably be in power for the next 30 years unless they decide to screw up big time..

Old 11-27-2008, 07:45 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
momonkey why doesn't it surprise me that you are from Michigan? The most racist people I have ever met are from your state.
By the way Barack Obama is not a canidate but President Elect and how is he unqualified? The man is a Constitutional Law professor at Harvard whereas McCain barely made it into the Naval Academy graduating at the bottom of his class.
I hate to burst your bubble but the last time we had a seriously intellectual President was Kennedy, not Reagan, not Bush Sr. and not even Clinton and don't even bring up Dubya.

"The most racist people I have ever met are from your state."

I agree, I am discriminated against for my race and gender every day.

"The man is a Constitutional Law professor at Harvard" Not exactly.

"Senior Lecturers are considered to be members of the Law School faculty and are regarded as professors, although not full-time or tenure-track. The title of Senior Lecturer is distinct from the title of Lecturer, which signifies adjunct status. Like Obama, each of the Law School’s Senior Lecturers have high-demand careers in politics or public service, which prevent full-time teaching. Several times during his 12 years as a professor in the Law School, Obama was invited to join the faculty in a full-time tenure-track position, but he declined."

Obama Not Law Professor, Just Taught at Law School

"Obama was A professor Of law - NOT EXACTLY, Obama was a senior lecturer ON LEAVE."

39 Barak Obama Half Truths by Terry Anderson

Regardless of his titles and degrees, all of which are impressive, he is by his very nature a follower as was evident during the financial melt-down the Democrats caused. McCain indicated that he felt it wise to suspend his campaign to return to DC to help prevent complete collapse of the banking industry. Obama criticized McCain for his decision and indicated that he would stay on the campaign trail. But when McCain returned to DC, Obama did what his nature as a follower required him to do. He followed the leader McCain. He can't help it. McCain is a leader and Obama is a follower. That, by the way, is why he didn't leave his racist church for twenty years. Nobody told him to. Read his books. They're all about the leaders in his life.

You sure do have an awful lot of hostility, and a really twisted sense of right and wrong too. Maybe it is something organic. I'll stay optimistic in any case.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/497034-gays-attacking-first-amendment-rights-others-post6271621.html#post6271621

"I hate to burst your bubble but the last time we had a seriously intellectual President was Kennedy"

If by intellectual you mean self-infatuated, sure, Why not?

If you mean smart, well, it was JFK who decided to leave the bubble off the limo and we all know how that turned out. I personally would have left it on, but that's just me. How about you?

Old 11-27-2008, 08:17 AM

3,292 posts, read 4,475,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by divinemom View Post
Possibly and a shameful situation.
I don't even know how to really respond to this, so I guess...

What exactly makes it a shameful situation? Are the other minority groups in the US in a shameful situation due to the fact that their a minority group? Are you going to go out of your way to help them out?

Old 11-27-2008, 08:20 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
better watch out. the liberals will pull out the claws on this one and try to get this thread deleted. the commies did it to me. the democrat are the anti white men party and the party of big business. we all know this.
There is truth, and there is fantasy.

Democrats adhere to a message of truth, while Republicans adhere to a message of fantasy, and no better example of this is reading your comments

Old 11-27-2008, 08:24 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,761,214 times
Quote:

I agree, I am discriminated against for my race and gender every day.

Nah, I think people discriminate against because of your personality. And being paranoid and self pitying you blame it on racial discrimination instead of taking personal responsibilty for your own problems.

Old 11-27-2008, 08:47 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,482,490 times
Quote:
Thank you for the all too predictable anti-white male rant.
Opening a new branch of the Culture of Victimization, are we? Poor, downtrodden white guy? Gee, you have my sympathy.

Quote:
If I oppose affirmative discrimination, I must be a bigot, Right?
Depends on your reasoning and the validity thereof. So far you've done little that would brand such an assumption as unwarranted.

Quote:
Being white gets me to the starting line? OK, But being female or black gets me to first base.
Really? Women and blacks are now advantaged populations? How deep is that end you just went off of, anyway?

Quote:
If I'm born wealthy, I start on third base. I didn't hit a triple. I started there.
A healthy inheritance tax can help take care of that.

Quote:
The criteria for affirmative discrimination is gender and race, nothing else.
Well, nothing else besides age, disability, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or whistle-blower status.

Quote:
So where did you start?
As the second son of an immigrant. Who arrived at the actual age of 16. In the Fall of 1929.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies