Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2008, 09:39 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by divinemom View Post
Well duh, maybe I'm white and would prefer my kind to stay the majority.
Worldwide, you are not the majority. Just a matter of time before that becomes the case in America.

Old 11-26-2008, 10:29 PM

3,210 posts, read 4,614,830 times
Epic Lulz @ this thread. Seriously, being white is no different than being Black, or spainish or whatever. It doesn't make you better (*cough*OP*cough*) nor does it make you the personification of evil (*cough*Alexus*cough*).

IMHO, White Guilt and White Supremecy are two polar sides of the same coin, which is White exceptionalism. One believes whites deserve to have special privilages (Supremecy) and the other seeks to self destruct themselves (Guilt). Both however are built on the concept that having a low-amount of meletan somehow gives you more impact in the world.

Unlike the OP, I find little difference between someone like Rev Wright or David Duke. Both ideologies (Guilt & Supremecy) are founded about the notion of "Whiteness" being more special than "Blackness" or "Tanness".

I don't believe in such a thing as "Whiteness". I do believe in "Europeans" or "Blondes" but I don't believe whiteness can even really be quantitfied. Is Eminem really "White"???

Old 11-26-2008, 10:44 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,314,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
Unlike the OP, I find little difference between someone like Rev Wright or David Duke. Both ideologies (Guilt & Supremecy) are founded about the notion of "Whiteness" being more special than "Blackness" or "Tanness".
David Duke and Jerimiah Wright are total opposites. They are separated by a distance that can only be measured in terms of light years. One is a racist and the other is a Liberation theologian.

Old 11-26-2008, 10:54 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,314,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Why do these white folks always expect a black man to be as vindictive as themselves?
Bingo!!

Excellent GregW, I'm giving you reps for this!!! Great insight.

Old 11-26-2008, 11:31 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,090,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleespresso View Post
I can't follow your logic.

Why would anyone like someone as a candidate that is openly hostile to that person's race?Would a jewish person vote for a candidate that was hostile to Israel? I think not.

Given the choice we had:

1) Obama -- anti-White
2) McCain -- not anti-White per se (but definitely interested in pandering to other groups)
Let's start from the top:

why do you believe Obama is anti-white? You haven't given anything solid to back up your claim. (please don't say the people he put on his staff b/c Biden just so happens to be white and he's VP)

As far as choices are concerned, you can't throw opinions and logic in the same bucket, that's like me saying:

Subway -- bad
Quiznos -- good

therefore, Quiznos is the 'logical' choice...

In response to your statement that I've bolded: if whites in America did not favor Obama he would not have been elected...plain and simple

So, that leads me to conclude that a sizable portion of whites do not think that Obama is 'hostile to their race' as you put it.

And as far as the wars are concerned, I believe they were pro-OIL before they were pro-Israel.

Old 11-26-2008, 11:41 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,090,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
really, the majority of mccain supporters labeled him a terrorist. that sounds like a mainstream viewpoint. I labeled him what he is. a politician.

The McCain camp could've told his supporters that Obama was a martian and they would've bought it.

Even that one cute little old lady saying she didn't trust Obama b/c *gasp* he's an 'Arab'. Not 'terrorist'...an 'Arab'.

then the McCain camp trying their best to key Obama with Bill Ayers. Obama was younger than my father when Bill Ayers did his deeds.

But hey, nothing like waging an attack campaign when one can't compete on economic issues.

Old 11-26-2008, 11:54 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,920,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elginclock View Post
I think the writing is on the wall.

Why would anyone like Chris Dodd, Biden, or Edwards even continue to operate in a hate environment where it was obvious to everyone but them, that they had no chance of being elected in the primaries.

Hilary was only given a pass on her race, because of her gender.
I think everyone should be able to voice their opinions... I do however think there should be restrictions on how many threads we can start, and by whom.
You've managed to flood the board and not discuss real issues, rather than just create playground style tit for tat.

quit being a tool

Old 11-26-2008, 11:58 PM

432 posts, read 1,665,174 times
So the OP is labeling Democrats as Anti-Whites!!

Really,Is the OP serious!!

This gotta be the dumbest Topic on here!!

Old 11-27-2008, 02:02 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,920,399 times
if you're a democrat and you're white.. say "I"

Old 11-27-2008, 02:13 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by divinemom View Post
Well duh, maybe I'm white and would prefer my kind to stay the majority.
Well duh, I'm white too and couldn't care less... maybe because I am also Jewish, I have a little more perspective on the issue, but really? Maybe it's time for the "white" (whatever that means) people to become a minority, so they can a taste of their own medicine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies