Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2008, 11:01 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,273,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINCOLNSHIRE View Post
And they will be banned. As will all semis...
Sorry but I must disagree. If for no other reason but the weapons you note are somewhat common place and legal. There is no way that the Government can seize them -

Now I might agree that future sales of assault weapons may be banned but not existing

As for Semi Automatics - they WILL NOT be banned - Semis are in rifles and handguns. And, they are here to stay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2008, 11:17 AM

2,975 posts, read 8,117,824 times
Quote:
Bloody hell is this still going,,..
Wanting to keep your A47s= Extreme..
Wanting to take away your sport shooting=Extreme
Anyone in the middle with a sensible view sit back with the popcorn and know that is where things will finish...

I've just finished mine now. Have you got anymore?

I own 4 firearms and a compound bow, i hunt and bowhunt in the US and in Scotland and I am just amazed at how grown men and women get bent out of shape over gun laws.

I cannot believe how insulting and dense some Americans are. 2 so different cultures, different attitudes and people.

Life is too short

Old 12-01-2008, 11:19 AM

3,531 posts, read 2,596,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post

As for Semi Automatics - they WILL NOT be banned - Semis are in rifles and handguns. And, they are here to stay
Hope on... You`re not an island. It`s just another consequence of globalisation. In this instance America isn`t leading the world, but it will have to tow the line somewhere along the road. A clue?? Economy... If you don`t like the idea of outside pressure, look to your own people. Whichever way you look at it they will demand change. Gun owners will have to give ground to ensure a future for themselves..It`s that simple..

Old 12-01-2008, 11:22 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,122,798 times
Are you talking about the UN's agenda to ban handguns outright, on a global scale?

Old 12-01-2008, 11:25 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,342,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
Britain is a total warzone man, they have hooligans!

When I was in the Army I met UK troops same job as I had Artillery and have to agree with you.

I was expecting Prince Harry types but instead found them more like those guys in soccer games who go around fighting .

Old 12-01-2008, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
When I was in the Army I met UK troops same job as I had Artillery and have to agree with you.

I was expecting Prince Harry types but instead found them more like those guys in soccer games who go around fighting .
That could be what make`s em the best in the world??? We give a s*** for NO f*****!!!

Old 12-01-2008, 11:37 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,507,138 times
Quote:
Hope on... You`re not an island. It`s just another consequence of globalisation. In this instance America isn`t leading the world, but it will have to tow the line somewhere along the road. A clue?? Economy... If you don`t like the idea of outside pressure, look to your own people. Whichever way you look at it they will demand change. Gun owners will have to give ground to ensure a future for themselves..It`s that simple..
The SCOTUS ruled any arm in "common use" is protected by the Second Amendment.

Everytime gun owners give an inch the gun grabbers take a foot.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:01 PM

It seems the 2nd amendment is all you have...That`s plan A...Latch on and make sure you have a plan B. If you don`t you might very well be whining to an empty room...

Old 12-01-2008, 12:09 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,273,270 times
Quote:
It seems the 2nd amendment is all you have...That`s plan A...Latch on and make sure you have a plan B. If you don`t you might very well be whining to an empty room...
Yes - "all" we have is our Constitution.

Do you advocate the disarming of the populace?

Old 12-01-2008, 12:10 PM

34,235 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:

You're right, the Constitution could be amended to effectively modify or delete the 2nd Amendment. Highly unlikely, but not out of the realm of possibility. The one way we differ from the rest of the world is that most of us won't voluntarily hand in our guns. Our gov't knows this and it will be very difficult to collect guns from U.S. citizens.

In addition, many guns have no traceable history. Either bought before there were any background checks, sold by face to face private sale or brought home years ago from foreign wars. I know many WWII vets that brought back Lugers, P-38's, 1911's etc. These guns still work and are lethal. There is just no way to force people to turn in guns especially when they have no record of ownership.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies