Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2008, 05:15 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,273,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsprit View Post
I am reminded that Israel stopped a number of attacks in their schools by arming their teachers with heavy long guns.
I also thank you for your willingness to help

BTW - we are now seeing some teachers with concealed weapons in the classrooms here -

Many more are asking for the right to carry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2008, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Again, even it I were a shoe salesman or toll booth collector. What is wrong with that? Or janitor or trash collector? What do you have against people with low paying jobs? Beneath you? Your stereotyping is wonderful. Do you stereotype minorties and gays also?
I am reminded of a recent story about a "gentile" man - kind, quiet - an accountant. Always willing to help others.

He was recently arrested as part of the sweep of the Hells Angels - he was charged with racketerring, murder, possession of drugs for sale, arson -

He truly kept a double life.

Careful of that "shoe salesman" if I were you

Old 11-30-2008, 05:26 PM

34,235 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I am reminded of a recent story about a "gentile" man - kind, quiet - an accountant. Always willing to help others.

He was recently arrested as part of the sweep of the Hells Angels - he was charged with racketerring, murder, possession of drugs for sale, arson -

He truly kept a double life.

Careful of that "shoe salesman" if I were you

Please answer my questions in my previous post. Or are you avoiding them?

Old 11-30-2008, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Please answer my questions in my previous post. Or are you avoiding them?
I'm sorry - its been a long weekend - which questions are those? I'd be more than happy to see if I can answer them -

Again - forgive me

Old 11-30-2008, 06:37 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,122,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hate Shrubs View Post
They were there all right. This is what you said:

“If it came to revolution, the size of the military would shrink dramatically. Even at full strength, they'd have to use nukes to stand any chance against 50-150 MILLION armed citizens, and they're not likely to use nukes on the soil they're trying to claim/defend.â€

So why would you even bring the subject of armed revolution. And I have to admit: you think BIG. Not just any small revolution. Revolution of 50-150 MILLION armed citizens. And gets even better. The only reason the government wouldn’t use nukes against their own citizens is because they don’t wont to ruin the soil they want for themselves.

And I never said YOU would be leading anyone. I said LIKE you or any other neocon. That includes the neocons you are taking your talking points.
I know what I said. Let's analyze this a little.

You first replied to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Who makes up the military? Citizens. People who would be pretty unlikely to kill their neighbors, regardless of their orders. If it came to revolution, the size of the military would shrink dramatically. Even at full strength, they'd have to use nukes to stand any chance against 50-150 MILLION armed citizens, and they're not likely to use nukes on the soil they're trying to claim/defend.
What I was clearly talking about was a hypothetical situation in which our country was at a point where our 2nd Amendment right would need to be exercised for the very reason it exists. There is no other word for that situation - it is the very definition of of the word "revolution".

You replied thusly:

Quote:
Do you really think that there are 150 million people ready to follow somebody like you?
Or any other neocon.
Newsflash: They wouldn’t vote for you, why would they be ready to die for you?
And what revolution are you dreaming for?
Let's examine your reply, line by line. First, you say:
Quote:
Do you really think that there are 150 million people ready to follow somebody like you?
Seems pretty clear that you're referring to me specifically. Think of all the times that you got turned down for a date and the girl said, "You think I'd ever go out with somebody like you?!" She was clearly referring to you, despite saying "somebody like you".

Then, you say:
Quote:
Or any other neocon.
I'm a neocon? How'd you arrive at that conclusion? Please be specific. While you're at it, and since you know me so well, please tell our readers what my positions are on all the major political, economic and social issues. I want you to have every possible chance to demonstrate your remarkable ability to understand everything about a person by simply reading a couple of their posts on an Internet forum - it really is impressive.

Next, you say:
Quote:
Newsflash: They wouldn’t vote for you, why would they be ready to die for you?
With this line, you are affirming that you were talking about me specifically in the first line. Your "And I never said YOU would be leading anyone" is a complete falsehood - this line removes all doubt.

Now. Please show me where I claimed I would be leading anyone in this hypothetical scenario, where I would be asking anyone for their vote and where I suggested that anyone could or should die for me.

Your final line in this reply is:
Quote:
And what revolution are you dreaming for?
I'm not dreaming for a revolution, and you'll never find anything that suggests otherwise.

I'm going to close this post (and our banter) with the conclusion that your posts aren't worth reading. They contain nothing but pure vitriol and are completely devoid of any logic, reason and intelligence. You bandy about epithets such as "neocon" and "Rambo" with no justification, and you're obviously not looking for anything that even remotely resembles discussion. You're here to hate, and only to hate. Even your chosen handle reflects this fact.

Welcome to my ignore list. I sincerely hope that others follow (this is one time I'm happy to lead, although I seriously doubt I'm the first), and that you're relegated to your proper place in these forums.

Old 11-30-2008, 06:37 PM

234 posts, read 294,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsprit View Post
Far from it. Just an average guy with a desire to enjoy a long and peaceful life.

To tell the truth, I was scared shi*less when I stopped to assist the people in need. I didn't know how prepared the assailants were to carry out their intended crimes, but I wasn't going to stand ... or walk ... idly by like nothing was going on to their victims.

I certainly had a concern for my own legal well being after the fact of a confrontation. What would have happened to me if I had pulled the trigger? Fortunately, I didn't need to do anything more than display the fact that I had a weapon up to the job at the time. It's a big risk trying to do the right thing in our litigious society today. If I had seriously hurt ... or killed, if needed ... the attacker(s), there would have been repercussions. Would those I had assisted from bodily harm come to my legal defense with cash? Would they have testified about the urgency and need of such a response at the time? One never knows ....

Oh, S&W Chief's Special, .38 cal. Handy and effective.

Heavier weapons? Hard to conceal, and awkward to carry all the time. Who knows? I'd rather have good citizens able to put their hands on such a weapon if needed in an emergency than to not have the option if circumstances dictated it was a prudent choice.

I am reminded that Israel stopped a number of attacks in their schools by arming their teachers with heavy long guns.
Again thank you for being so brave and getting involved when did count.
You also sound like a reasonable man. So here is my question: Where do you draw the line. How far a private citizen should go acquiring heavy weapons before it’s get out of control. And the fact is that the really bad guys – the drug dealers will always be able to outspend the normal guy. And when the desire for being safe, turns in to paranoia.

Old 11-30-2008, 06:44 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,122,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
Naah. Accomplished people from Ivy League colleges don't post the pathetic dribble some of you do.
That's "drivel", not "dribble".

Old 11-30-2008, 06:50 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,411,954 times
Maybe they dribble when they talk in the UK.

Old 11-30-2008, 07:01 PM

234 posts, read 294,602 times
Quote:

Again, even it I were a shoe salesman or toll booth collector. What is wrong with that? Or janitor or trash collector? What do you have against people with low paying jobs? Beneath you? Your stereotyping is wonderful. Do you stereotype minorties and gays also?
O god… you are so good at twisting people’s worlds.
What makes you think that I’m insulting anybody by saying that they are not Rambo?
And all of a sudden I’m against people with low pay and I’m stereotyping minorities and gays.

Trust me I don’t consider calling somebody Rambo a compliment.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:01 PM

34,235 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I'm sorry - its been a long weekend - which questions are those? I'd be more than happy to see if I can answer them -

Again - forgive me

Please sir or madam. Just look back. And thank you for your answer in advance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies