Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2008, 02:24 PM

234 posts, read 294,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsprit View Post
As someone who's been on the scene twice in my life where an assault/rape/robbery was in progress, there's a couple of folks who I know appreciated that I had the means in hand to defuse a situation, and stepped up. I could have just walked on by, like so many others, but I didn't. And I didn't set out to be a hero, or go looking for an opportunity to be "macho". I simply set out to be prepared to take the action needed to defend myself if ever needed ... which I sincerely hope never needs to happen ... and was able to be of service to another in a timely manner. Calling 911 and waiting was not an option for the intended victims .....
Congratulation. Obviously you are very brave man.
But just one question. Did you save those people with an assault rifle, heavy machine gun or XM307 as some people here were suggesting we all should have
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2008, 02:24 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,311,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Again with the insults. More for my list. Many of us have multiple degrees, sometimes form Ivy League universities and have exciting, well paying jobs. The shooting sports are often combined with other pursuits like the outdoors, camping, backpacking, horse back riding in the mountains, etc.

Sounds pretty elitist to me. So you are saying you are "better" than a shoe salesman or toll both collector. What about your liberal support of the "common man"?

Naah. Accomplished people from Ivy League colleges don't post the pathetic dribble some of you do. Actually it's quite easy to distinguish a well read person from an Ivy league college. Oh and did anyone tell you that any jackass can earn several degrees from your run of the mill colleges.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:29 PM

234 posts, read 294,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I'd be careful there Bubba because - Woman are now makeup the majority of firearm purchases INCLUDING assault weapons - and I've met some of them - and it is something to behold watching a 5'7" woman with a terrific figure using an AK-47
Are any of those on this forum? If they are then my apologies to the ladies with the AK-47

Old 11-30-2008, 02:32 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,273,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hate Shrubs View Post
Are any of those on this forum?
Yes

Old 11-30-2008, 02:36 PM

34,236 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
Naah. Accomplished people from Ivy League colleges don't post the pathetic dribble some of you do. Actually it's quite easy to distinguish a well read person from an Ivy league college. Oh and did anyone tell you that any jackass can earn several degrees from your run of the mill colleges.

I know several active hunters and target shooters who have fine educations from Ivy League schools including myself. Many are at the top of their professions, own their own businesses,or in medicine, law, finance, etc. Come to my gun club and I will introduce you to them.

I find your statement very elitist and condescending. Our "run of the mill" colleges have also produced many successful people in all professions, business and the arts. You are very mistaken, and I take umbrage at your insults and tone. You are a typical liberal. Look who is doing all the name calling and casting dispersions in these gun threads. Its the anti-gun people.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:39 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,311,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I know several active hunters and target shooters who have fine educations from Ivy League schools including myself. Many are at the top of their professions, own their own businesses,or in medicine, law, finance, etc. Come to my gun club and I will introduce you to them.

I find your statement very elitist and condescending. Our "run of the mill" colleges have also produced many successful people in all professions, business and the arts. You are very mistaken, and I take umbrage at your insults and tone. You are a typical liberal. Look who is doing all the name calling and casting dispersions in these gun threads. Its the anti-gun people.
Calm down and deal with it

Old 11-30-2008, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
Calm down and deal with it
You stop being so rude and condesending and maybe we will "calm down"

Old 11-30-2008, 02:47 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,411,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hate Shrubs View Post
Are any of those on this forum? If they are then my apologies to the ladies with the AK-47
[raising hand]

And...accepted.

Though I'm 6' tall, but, whatever.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:55 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,411,954 times
Raggedy, in your bizarre thread comparing Americans' acceptance of guns vs. gays, you criticized my college degree as well. What is it with you?

Old 11-30-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
Raggedy, in your bizarre thread comparing Americans' acceptance of guns vs. gays, you criticized my college degree as well. What is it with you?
A rude and condesending Brit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies