Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2008, 03:44 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,311,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
A rude and condesending Brit
I've been called a lot worse. Can't deal with the truth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2008, 03:49 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,273,270 times
I find it a positive step that at least some of the British beat cops are going to be provided with additional .... "fire power" in the near future

Old 11-30-2008, 03:49 PM

234 posts, read 294,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
[raising hand]

And...accepted.

Though I'm 6' tall, but, whatever.
Since I learned long time ago NEVER to argue with a lady, especially 6’ tall and with AK-47 Ill say my good knight and leave this tread.

Old 11-30-2008, 03:50 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,273,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
I've been called a lot worse. Can't deal with the truth?
I deal with the truth every day sweetie -

I just have problems dealing a rude and condesending person such as you - you are not a good example for the Brits -

Old 11-30-2008, 04:03 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Why is it after 230 plus years some Brits still try to talk to us like we are a colony?
I have a great respect for the British Military. I trained with them and made solid friends. Its not all Brits who are condescending just the minority of elitists.
The same type we have here. Can't manage a simple loose wire on a battery terminal but look down their noses at those they need to simply survive.
Let them wallow in their sense of self importance.

Old 11-30-2008, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I deal with the truth every day sweetie -

I just have problems dealing a rude and condesending person such as you - you are not a good example for the Brits -
Oh no not condensending. Maybe a little sarcasm, but not condensending .

Old 11-30-2008, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Why is it after 230 plus years some Brits still try to talk to us like we are a colony?
I have a great respect for the British Military. I trained with them and made solid friends. Its not all Brits who are condescending just the minority of elitists.
The same type we have here. Can't manage a simple loose wire on a battery terminal but look down their noses at those they need to simply survive.
Let them wallow in their sense of self importance.
Both of my parents are from former colonies and they aren't white. Your only resposne when confronted with the truth is to lable people.

Old 11-30-2008, 05:02 PM

11,555 posts, read 53,199,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hate Shrubs View Post
Congratulation. Obviously you are very brave man.
But just one question. Did you save those people with an assault rifle, heavy machine gun or XM307 as some people here were suggesting we all should have
Far from it. Just an average guy with a desire to enjoy a long and peaceful life.

To tell the truth, I was scared shi*less when I stopped to assist the people in need. I didn't know how prepared the assailants were to carry out their intended crimes, but I wasn't going to stand ... or walk ... idly by like nothing was going on to their victims.

I certainly had a concern for my own legal well being after the fact of a confrontation. What would have happened to me if I had pulled the trigger? Fortunately, I didn't need to do anything more than display the fact that I had a weapon up to the job at the time. It's a big risk trying to do the right thing in our litigious society today. If I had seriously hurt ... or killed, if needed ... the attacker(s), there would have been repercussions. Would those I had assisted from bodily harm come to my legal defense with cash? Would they have testified about the urgency and need of such a response at the time? One never knows ....

Oh, S&W Chief's Special, .38 cal. Handy and effective.

Heavier weapons? Hard to conceal, and awkward to carry all the time. Who knows? I'd rather have good citizens able to put their hands on such a weapon if needed in an emergency than to not have the option if circumstances dictated it was a prudent choice.

I am reminded that Israel stopped a number of attacks in their schools by arming their teachers with heavy long guns.

Old 11-30-2008, 05:03 PM

34,236 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
Both of my parents are from former colonies and they aren't white. Your only resposne when confronted with the truth is to lable people.

Well you have a chip on your shoulder about it. Lableing people. Well in all the gun related threads, legal gun advocates have been labelled:

Gun nuts
Idiots
Racist
Obsessed
Neanderthals
Macho types
Rambo types
Woman's shoe store salesman
Toll booth collectors

What have we called you but what you are? A liberal. Live with it.

Liberals......when success just doesn't seem to come, count on gov't to solve all your problems, and be jealous of the people that are successful.

Old 11-30-2008, 05:10 PM

34,236 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hate Shrubs View Post
Show me were did I said I’m better. All I said is that if you are ladies shoes salesman or toll boot collector you are not Rambo. And go ahead and prove that you are not shoes salesman or toll boot collector.

You sir or madam are just a plain hypocrite and got called on it. I don't have to prove anything to you, I know what I am.

Again, even it I were a shoe salesman or toll booth collector. What is wrong with that? Or janitor or trash collector? What do you have against people with low paying jobs? Beneath you? Your stereotyping is wonderful. Do you stereotype minorties and gays also?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies