Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2009, 11:17 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,215,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIDIWHOHAH View Post
The fascist dictator in the USA is the Supreme Court. They struck down the reasonable state restrictions on abortions that were in place before this fraudulent case was brought before them. They are the ones making up the rules as they go along. Read Roe VS. Wade sometime and then tell me how it was rightly decided. Look at your own statement. They determined a law was unconstitutional? That's their job? No, they decided that every single law in the country that in any way restricted abortion on demand for any reason was no longer constitutional. How in the world is that in any possible way not exactly what a third-world dictator does?
*Sigh* Because my mom is a judge, I understand the job description. It appears that you could do with a high school civics lesson. In lieu of that, I'll just say that I vehemently disagree with your post. Your beliefs about Roe v. Wade and gay marriage cloud your judgment in such a way that you are unable to see the merit of the decisions the judges made in these cases. That's your loss, I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 11:18 PM

73 posts, read 89,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
You may not agree with the courts all the time, but we have a judicial branch of government for a reason.

Something tells me that you're just fine with "activist judges" when they make a decision that you agree with.

"Trashed"? It was graffiti on a wall. Talk about hyperbole. Man. Get a grip.
When gays don't get their way, it's an atrocity! But when gays do something really harmful to others, that's just fine because it's your people doing it?

Old 01-08-2009, 11:19 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,211,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopcornRed View Post
I think yeshivas should hire Muslims and celebrate diversity. How could it be harmful? Why don't they seek out more Muslims?
Why don't Muslims let Jews and Christians into the Madrasas?

Old 01-08-2009, 11:24 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,589,436 times
Quote:
When gays don't get their way, it's an atrocity! But when gays do something really harmful to others, that's just fine because it's your people doing it?
He never said that.

Maybe instead of worrying about imaginary rights gay people have, you should worry about imaginary things you see.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
See? Its people like you..who are probably "Christian" who are not letting us live together as one.

Imagined rights? That is pretty cruel and mean spirited. What makes you think the gay community has made up their new rights? I don't know of any. Maybe you should stop imaging these things.
We have a Constitution that explains the real rights we have. Gays made up the right to same sex marriage and tried to force the rest of us to go along with it. People don't like someone trying to force them to do something against their will.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
He never said that.

Maybe instead of worrying about imaginary rights gay people have, you should worry about imaginary things you see.

Actions speak louder than words.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:31 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,410,277 times
Quote:
Projecting much?

EVERYONE on this thread has said spraying graffiti on that Church's walls was WRONG. No-one has said it was "fine". Point me to a post that did.

What have gays done that is "really harmful" to others? I haven't heard about any gays going around bashing heterosexuals because they are straight, or gay men raping straight women or gays trying to stop straight people from getting married... Have you?

I daresay most gay people would rather have a GLBT building's walls graffitied, than be bashed, raped, or killed.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:34 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,716,076 times
Quote:
I never said it was fine. I know you can read. Don't try to fool me.

And I never said that it's an "atrocity" if gays don't get "their way".

I don't even look at this as a "gay versus straight" issue. As so many conveniently like to forget, 48% of Californians voted to retain same-sex marriage rights. It would be great if 48% of Californians were gay (), but that's not the case. There were a LOT of straight people who voted to keep same-sex marriage.

So, it's not a matter of gays getting their way, it's a matter of wanting to see everyone treated with respect and dignity.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:36 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,589,436 times
Quote:
We have a Constitution that explains the real rights we have. Gays made up the right to same sex marriage and tried to force the rest of us to go along with it. People don't like someone trying to force them to do something against their will.
So..who is forcing you to have a gay marriage or be gay against your will? Nobody is forcing you to go along with gay marriage (like you are not going along with it now) so chill.

And the rights also mentioned PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS. Oh let me guess. It applies only to straight couples and Christians!

Old 01-08-2009, 11:37 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,716,076 times
Quote:
Gays made up the right to same sex marriage and tried to force the rest of us to go along with it.
Why do you look at this as an issue of straight versus gay, of "us versus them"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies