Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2009, 08:42 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,707,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallmarkJen View Post
Don't forget those Latinos and blacks too, that voted against gays, and the Jews too who definitely aren't pro-homo in their homeland of Israel.
Your point in being here, Jen, appears to be to spew mean-spirited comments about gay people whenever possible. Is that all you've got?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker_one View Post
so if a gay called me a "heterosexual idiot" and it made me upset and "emotionally charged" and i beat him senseless you wouldn't be surprised right? that is the same kind of thing you are comparing this to.

all of you liberal idiots that are ok with this should be shipped to south africa or something.
Nice comment. (Not.)

Your example is not a good comparison. Heterosexuals are almost never discriminated against for their sexual orientation. You would look like a big fool if you were to beat up a gay guy for calling you a "heterosexual idiot".

I don't condone vandalization or physical attacks of any kind, but what she was saying was that if you're a member of a group that is discriminated against for simply being who you are, then the anger that results from that is understandable.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
If all else fails, change the subject and call someone a bigot to take the attention away from the obvious fact that you don't have an answer.
I wasn't changing the subject and I never called anyone a bigot. I was responding directly to the comment. Perhaps you didn't understand the poster's comment (or my response to it).

It's not my problem if you're unable to follow a conversation.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:37 PM

30,409 posts, read 52,020,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopcornRed View Post
I think yeshivas should hire Muslims and celebrate diversity. How could it be harmful? Why don't they seek out more Muslims?
If the Muslim could teach the required texts, then I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem with it... do you think Brandeis only hires Jewish professors??

Old 01-08-2009, 10:12 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,586,434 times
Can't we all just agree that everyone should have their rights regardless of gender, sexual orientation, race, disabilities, religion and more?

Can't we all agree that all of us should be happy and free in this country? Why are we even arguing this? Why are people bringing up Muslims in this thread and why are gays being denied rights in the first place?

This is just SAD. If you are against gay marriage, fine. Don't do it. If you are against abortion, fine. Don't do it. But DON'T take away another persons right!

Old 01-08-2009, 10:44 PM

73 posts, read 89,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Can't we all just agree that everyone should have their rights regardless of gender, sexual orientation, race, disabilities, religion and more?

Can't we all agree that all of us should be happy and free in this country? Why are we even arguing this? Why are people bringing up Muslims in this thread and why are gays being denied rights in the first place?

This is just SAD. If you are against gay marriage, fine. Don't do it. If you are against abortion, fine. Don't do it. But DON'T take away another persons right!

Can I also arbitrarily make up new rights as it suits me the way the gay community has done? Who ever said gays have the right to marry their own sex? Besides five activist justices legislating from the bench by erringly deciding a fraudulent case, who ever said anyone has the right to get an abortion? How about sore loser gays not trying to take away the real rights of the people who attended that church they trashed? Deal with that before you talk down to everyone else about stepping on your imagined rights.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:47 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,214,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIDIWHOHAH View Post
five activist justices legislating from the bench
Eff me. Do you people ever get tired of throwing this statement around? Don't you understand the three branches of government and the balance of power? Those judges didn't legislate anything, they just determined that a law was unconstitutional. That's their job. If you don't appreciate that then I'm sure you can find a nice Middle Eastern country where there is no balance of power and the fascist dictator makes up the rules as he goes along. Let me know how that works out for you.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Can I also arbitrarily make up new rights as it suits me the way the gay community has done? Who ever said gays have the right to marry their own sex?
You may not agree with the courts all the time, but we have a judicial branch of government for a reason.

Something tells me that you're just fine with "activist judges" when they make a decision that you agree with.

Quote:
How about sore loser gays not trying to take away the real rights of the people who attended that church they trashed?
"Trashed"? It was graffiti on a wall. Talk about hyperbole. Man. Get a grip.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:08 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,586,434 times
Quote:
Can I also arbitrarily make up new rights as it suits me the way the gay community has done? Who ever said gays have the right to marry their own sex? Besides five activist justices legislating from the bench by erringly deciding a fraudulent case, who ever said anyone has the right to get an abortion? How about sore loser gays not trying to take away the real rights of the people who attended that church they trashed? Deal with that before you talk down to everyone else about stepping on your imagined rights.
See? Its people like you..who are probably "Christian" who are not letting us live together as one.

Imagined rights? That is pretty cruel and mean spirited. What makes you think the gay community has made up their new rights? I don't know of any. Maybe you should stop imaging these things.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:10 PM

73 posts, read 89,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
Eff me. Do you people ever get tired of throwing this statement around? Don't you understand the three branches of government and the balance of power? Those judges didn't legislate anything, they just determined that a law was unconstitutional. That's their job. If you don't appreciate that then I'm sure you can find a nice Middle Eastern country where there is no balance of power and the fascist dictator makes up the rules as he goes along. Let me know how that works out for you.
The fascist dictator in the USA is the Supreme Court. They struck down the reasonable state restrictions on abortions that were in place before this fraudulent case was brought before them. They are the ones making up the rules as they go along. Read Roe VS. Wade sometime and then tell me how it was rightly decided. Look at your own statement. They determined a law was unconstitutional? That's their job? No, they decided that every single law in the country that in any way restricted abortion on demand for any reason was no longer constitutional. How in the world is that in any possible way not exactly what a third-world dictator does?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies