Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2009, 04:24 PM

30,364 posts, read 51,981,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
If the rapists are not "straight" then these would be classified as gay on gay crime and not evidence of the so-called hate crimes against gays. Just because the Castro is a prime place for anyone looking to bash a gay does not mean that there are a rash of hate crimes against gays.
Who said there was? Maybe I misread, but I do believe the original quote said it WOULD be the logical place... don't recall anyone saying we DID have problems.

Here's the quote: "Ask the cops and they'll tell you: Gays are most often victims of gay-bashings in heavily gay neighborhoods." Nowhere does that say we've had a rash of hate crimes. He was just saying that when gay-bashing occurs, it is usually in a gay neighborhood... more often in a gay district of a conservative state/metro (i.e. Pittsburgh's gay district), I would imagine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 04:27 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,352,072 times
Quote:
Being in a heterosexual relationship is a choice so why can't the same be said for homosexual relationships? Just because I have heterosexual tendencies does not mean that I am forced against my will to engage in heterosexual sex. If I choose to engage in heterosexual sex or get involved in a heterosexual relationship, I am making a choice.
Being in a relationship is a choice, ones sexual orientation is not. Do you really think that all those gay guys chose to be gay when it means ridicule, butt-kickings and being an outcast? Come on, why would anyone choose to be gay? Do you think they are mentally ill? That they would purposefully choose to live a way that can lead to them being ostracized, disowned or killed?

I did not CHOOSE to be attracted to women. I've always been that way, from the time I was caught behind the bushes with the Rabbi's daughter at Jewish Pre-school, to the time I dated and dumped the popular girl in 5th grade, to the time I took our rival school's hottest cheerleader to the winter formal to now, when I live with my girlfriend.

I did not choose for my erections to occur when looking at Playboy Playmates but not when looking at Brad Pitt, that's how I was made. Just like my best friend gets excited when he sees Pitt and feels indifferent when he sees a Playmate.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:27 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,033,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Oh, and if I told you "I don't agree with your choice of being in heterosexual relationships," would that make you feel unconditionally loved and tolerated? If your answer was yes, that would tell me you have very low self-esteem.
LOL! My self-esteem ain't that fragile and my identity is not linked to my sexual preferences. If someone I loved told me that, I'd would not even view that as an attack on me as a person.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Who said there was? Maybe I misread, but I do believe the original quote said it WOULD be the logical place... don't recall anyone saying we DID have problems.

Here's the quote: "Ask the cops and they'll tell you: Gays are most often victims of gay-bashings in heavily gay neighborhoods." Nowhere does that say we've had a rash of hate crimes. He was just saying that when gay-bashing occurs, it is usually in a gay neighborhood... more often in a gay district of a conservative state/metro (like Pittsburg's gay district, for example), I would imagine.
Maybe I misinterpreted yours and others comments but it sure was beginning to sound as if people were claiming that a rash of hate crimes against gays were being committed. Phew! I'm glad as I do not like seeing anyone victimized, including the gays.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:31 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,130,684 times
Quote:
Being in a heterosexual relationship is a choice so why can't the same be said for homosexual relationships? Just because I have heterosexual tendencies does not mean that I am forced against my will to engage in heterosexual sex. If I choose to engage in heterosexual sex or get involved in a heterosexual relationship, I am making a choice.
You know darn well that you are attracted to whom you are attracted.

Otherwise you would marry the first guy you met because you could CONTROL your attraction and desires.

Yeah we cannot control what makes us all hot and bothered, which is why some women choose bad boy losers over and over and over. IT is their THING.

Well for gay people, the same sex is what turns them on.

So why are they denied the right to pursue what they are attracted to and you are NOT denied that same right?

You are able to marry the person you love and desire. Why can't they?

Old 01-08-2009, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Being in a relationship is a choice, ones sexual orientation is not. Do you really think that all those gay guys chose to be gay when it means ridicule, butt-kickings and being an outcast? Come on, why would anyone choose to be gay? Do you think they are mentally ill? That they would purposefully choose to live a way that can lead to them being ostracized, disowned or killed?

I did not CHOOSE to be attracted to women. I've always been that way, from the time I was caught behind the bushes with the Rabbi's daughter at Jewish Pre-school, to the time I dated and dumped the popular girl in 5th grade, to the time I took our rival school's hottest cheerleader to the winter formal to now, when I live with my girlfriend.

I did not choose for my erections to occur when looking at Playboy Playmates but not when looking at Brad Pitt, that's how I was made. Just like my best friend gets excited when he sees Pitt and feels indifferent when he sees a Playmate.
So because a person gets sexually aroused then they HAVE to give in to those feelings and are forced to give in?

Old 01-08-2009, 04:34 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,130,684 times
Quote:

Here's the quote: "Ask the cops and they'll tell you: Gays are most often victims of gay-bashings in heavily gay neighborhoods." Nowhere does that say we've had a rash of hate crimes. He was just saying that when gay-bashing occurs, it is usually in a gay neighborhood... more often in a gay district of a conservative state/metro (i.e. Pittsburgh's gay district), I would imagine.
For the slow readers... this means if you want to go out and beat up gay people, you don't go to the rodeo.
You stake out the local GAY BAR to find GAY people.

You go where the people you want to eff with are.

Yu want to adopt a puppy? You don't go to the recycling center. You go to the animal shelter.

Its merely COMMON SENSE.

And haters and jerks have common sense, they just don't have compassion and tolerance of others different from themselves.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:35 PM

30,364 posts, read 51,981,374 times
Ahhhhh... TMI from my brother (leftydan6) above!! But I have known him literally since the day he was born, and he has ALWAYS been straight as an arrow. And our "other brother" (sorta adopted) has been gay since birth, even before he realized it - he dated a few girls in high school, and both Dan & I knew that was a disastrous experiment.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:36 PM

46 posts, read 31,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
You're on the side of the hateful, the bigots, the ignorant, the Klan members and the neo-nazis.
Don't forget those Latinos and blacks too, that voted against gays, and the Jews too who definitely aren't pro-homo in their homeland of Israel.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
For the slow readers... this means if you want to go out and beat up gay people, you don't go to the rodeo.
You stake out the local GAY BAR to find GAY people.

You go where the people you want to eff with are.

Yu want to adopt a puppy? You don't go to the recycling center. You go to the animal shelter.

Its merely COMMON SENSE.

And haters and jerks have common sense, they just don't have compassion and tolerance of others different from themselves.
Sounds like many liberals I've encountered on these forums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies