Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2009, 04:38 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,126,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
So because a person gets sexually aroused then they HAVE to give in to those feelings and are forced to give in?

They have the right to follow those feelings just as you do.

What makes you so special that you can follow your desires *even if it is only with your husband* and they cannot?

They are not allowed to have husband legally so obviously it would have to be with a partner of sorts.

What makes you better than them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 04:41 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,921,120 times
Quote:
So because a person gets sexually aroused then they HAVE to give in to those feelings and are forced to give in?
Uh, no... you are totally missing the point, not to mention taking this thread in a different direction. If you'd like to discuss the mechanics and psychology of homosexuality, and your feelings about it - we have about a thousand other threads to pick from.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:46 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,921,120 times
Quote:
LOL! My self-esteem ain't that fragile and my identity is not linked to my sexual preferences. If someone I loved told me that, I'd would not even view that as an attack on me as a person.
Right... that's because you haven't HAD to defend your sexuality, so no matter how many metaphors I try to present, you'll never understand what that feels like. You are hurting people with your words and opinions, even if it's unintentional. So while you have the right to believe anything you want, don't fool yourself into thinking you are showing them respect and/or acceptance. I accept EVERY aspect of my loved ones, even those I disagree with.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:46 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,348,387 times
Quote:
No, but they shouldn't be forced to not give in either. I cannot help who I am attracted to: glamourous women with curves and good style, just as much as you cannot help who YOU are attracted to. You can't tell a gay guy "just get excited by Playmates" when his body simply doesn't cooperate. Until you understand that, you will never understand why so many people are against you. Some guys like blondes, some like redheads, some like skinny girls, some like girls with big butts, some like Drag Queens and some like muscular dudes. I know you have heard this before, because I've explained it to you before.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:47 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,015,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
They have the right to follow those feelings just as you do.

What makes you so special that you can follow your desires *even if it is only with your husband* and they cannot?

They are not allowed to have husband legally so obviously it would have to be with a partner of sorts.

What makes you better than them?
They are free to give into their desires as God gives us all free will. If they want to legalize their union, then they can obtain a civil union. Marriage = union between a man and woman.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Uh, no... you are totally missing the point, not to mention taking this thread in a different direction. If you'd like to discuss the mechanics and psychology of homosexuality, and your feelings about it - we have about a thousand other threads to pick from.
Tell that to the poster I was responding to as they began that discussion.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
No, but they shouldn't be forced to not give in either. I cannot help who I am attracted to: glamourous women with curves and good style, just as much as you cannot help who YOU are attracted to. You can't tell a gay guy "just get excited by Playmates" when his body simply doesn't cooperate. Until you understand that, you will never understand why so many people are against you. Some guys like blondes, some like redheads, some like skinny girls, some like girls with big butts, some like Drag Queens and some like muscular dudes. I know you have heard this before, because I've explained it to you before.
But this does not justify changing the definition of marriage. If you choose to have an alternate type of relationship that is outside of the norm, then civil unions are the answer for those wishing to legalize those alternative relationships.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Right... that's because you haven't HAD to defend your sexuality, so no matter how many metaphors I try to present, you'll never understand what that feels like. You are hurting people with your words and opinions, even if it's unintentional. So while you have the right to believe anything you want, don't fool yourself into thinking you are showing them respect and/or acceptance. I accept EVERY aspect of my loved ones, even those I disagree with.
I apologize if I've hurt anyone but I have the rights to my beliefs and opinions which is grounded in my faith. I have been enduring years of ridicule for following my Christian beliefs in liberal California but I ain't going to force others to accept me. I have to accept MYSELF and be content with WHO I AM. I am not going to ask our government to change the 1st amendment of free speech just so I can avoid hearing criticisms about my faith.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:55 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,348,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallmarkJen View Post
Don't forget those Latinos and blacks too, that voted against gays, and the Jews too who definitely aren't pro-homo in their homeland of Israel.
Well, most of those are included in the "ignorant" category, being those who know little about gay people and whose opinions are based on ignorant interpretations of ancient books. Very religious people are generally ignorant too, hence their religiousity.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Well, most of those are included in the "ignorant" category, being those who know little about gay people and whose opinions are based on ignorant interpretations of ancient books. Very religious people are generally ignorant too, hence their religiousity.
Spoken like a true ignorant liberal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies