Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 08:13 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,148,118 times

Advertisements

On a more serious note, I also volunteer a great deal. But, there are so many people who sit and wait to see what the government can do for them. If every one of us would spend a little time volunteering, it would be a boon to the government, who would not have to provide or pay for the services. I think he is actually talking to those who are disconnected and doing nothing for society. And there are many.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:19 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,507,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I think all of us should look for ways we can spend some time and effort in support of our new President. He has made some suggestions for us to get involved and I am hoping to see specifics soon on how he wants me to serve both him and the country. I am ready!
Sorry, I don't believe in fascism, and will not serve him.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:22 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,878,379 times
First we should round up all those in need of re-education....

Ooops...Too soon?

Lets give it a few years before that.

For now stick to the adoration and kissing his feet.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:54 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,733,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
First we should round up all those in need of re-education....

Ooops...Too soon?

Lets give it a few years before that.

For now stick to the adoration and kissing his feet.
Few years? I'm thinking a few months before the "roundups" begin. I noticed the airing of his 'serviceus.org', (or whatever it's called) commercial just after midnight, Wednesday morning. They're wasting no time culling the pushovers, willing to pledge allegiance to "O", instead of their country, from the rest of us.
The economy, worldwide
The state of world affairs
The sudden lack of ammunition availabilty
Certain shortages at the grocery store
AND, this whole CULT of personality surrounding our new POTUS......

Has me a bit....concerned.
I pray we have a "few years" at this point.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:06 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,878,379 times
We personally need at least a few months...

Old 01-24-2009, 01:40 PM

109 posts, read 214,366 times
Quote:
I think all of us should look for ways we can spend some time and effort in support of our new President. He has made some suggestions for us to get involved and I am hoping to see specifics soon on how he wants me to serve both him and the country. I am ready!
I am going to serve my country by cleaning my AK and buying more ammo. As for the one, AKA Also Known As, he is an illegitimate occupier of the the White House. I offer him no support whatsoever. It is best to be prepared for when Big Brother comes house to house to take what you got, guns, food, etc. to give to others who were not wise enough to prepare for hard times. Of course, they would keep the guns.

Old 01-24-2009, 01:42 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
I'm not serving him. I don't think you understand how this country is SUPPOSED to work. Here our politicians are supposed to work for us. They are employees of the people, paid to do their job.

Old 01-24-2009, 01:50 PM

109 posts, read 214,366 times
Quote:
He isn't really the President. Since he is not a natural born citizen, he is not eligible to serve as President. He was selected by the global elite and pushed on a gullible citizenry who was either too ignorant or did not care enough about who he is and what he stands for. The global elite propaganda machine (mainstream media) brainwashed the masses into believing he is the Messiah, come to save the world. His position was bought and paid for to such an extend that even the Supreme Court is in on the action. Lack of standing my a**. If The One is a real natural born citizen, why is he spending millions of dollars fighting these lawsuits, when all he has to do is spend pocket change to produce a real long form birth certificate that shows his place of birth? Something is fishy in the District of Criminals.

Old 01-24-2009, 02:03 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,325,190 times
We don't "serve" a President. He serves us. We hired him; he works for the people.

Old 01-24-2009, 02:04 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowWarrior View Post
I am going to serve my country by cleaning my AK and buying more ammo. As for the one, AKA Also Known As, he is an illegitimate occupier of the the White House. I offer him no support whatsoever. It is best to be prepared for when Big Brother comes house to house to take what you got, guns, food, etc. to give to others who were not wise enough to prepare for hard times. Of course, they would keep the guns.
Same here. I will serve my country by continuing to work for a living, pay taxes like all the others who pay taxes are doing. And prepare myself for the day my country needs me to defend it. I will serve my family by continuing to support my own family, never stoop to using food stamps and free health care. I will continue planning to pay for what I want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies