Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 10:23 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,230,523 times

Advertisements

The 'O' sycophants have already wasted my entire supply of 'O' support. You'll have to go it alone. And remember, you're now accountable.

I can only suggest that you be sure to wear two pair of underwear and carry a spare.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:24 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,966,530 times
Actually, we serve our community and have been serving our community without any President asking/telling us to do so. The high schools in our area already have programs for students to perform community service. Students over the summer at various camps perform great acts of service. For example, students go to different countries or other states to help build or renovate homes or facilities. This is not a new thing. I'm proud of the people of my community. We suffered through the hurricanes of 2004, and people in our community bent over backwards to help each other, and still do.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:31 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,524,892 times
Including myself, at least 8 family members have served in the military. In my household, I keep up my yard, pick up my trash that blows into my yard, obey the laws, and when my ditch gets too shallow or my culvert gets clogged I dig it out myself instead of asking the city to do it for me. I report crimes I witness. I slow when approaching road construction or emergency vehicles. I don't have time to go out and about picking up trash when I have to work full time and take care of my wife and father-in-law when I come home from work.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:50 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,003,071 times
LOL Where was all this patriotism when Bush was in office? It's not about the president, it's about the country. If you're really that concerned about your country it seems to me you wouldn't have waited til now. Flakey.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:56 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,524,892 times
Pubilc_Newsense, that's the difference between conservatives (not necessarily Republicans) and liberals. My family has loved this country no matter who is president. Liberals only seem to love this country when their choice of candidate is president. I served in the military during George HW Bush and during Clinton. I didn't quit when Clinton became president even though I didn't like him. I was forced out of the service due to a shoulder injury. I thought it was sad seeing black organizations picking up trash and cleaning up the neighborhood for the first time now that Obama became president. The reason why I thought it was sad is because it took them all this time before they finally got around to doing something for their neighborhood instead of demanding someone else (city government) do it for them.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:08 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,003,071 times
Sailordave, thank you to you and your family for your service to this country. Words don't seem adequate but it's all I have. I'm sorry about your injury. I hope it's being taken care of. This is like someone praising Hollywood for suddenly saying that they want to do something too. Why now? We were a nation before Obama. We still needed the loyalty of it's people regardless of who was president. Hollywood is out to help Hollywood, nothing more, nothing less.

As for the picking up of trash, I hadn't heard of that. It's too bad they didn't possess the pride and dignity to start sooner but I'm glad it happened. It's never too late (I hope) to start somewhere.. Hopefully, this isn't a fad b'c fads fade quickly.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:55 AM

877 posts, read 2,077,003 times
Well, I've been told for the last 8 years that "dissent is patriotic," so I think I might make a movie about Obama being assassinated. Maybe rig up an effigy of the new President. Call him an idiot and a liar. Print some "Make 01/20/13 Obama's last day" bumper stickers and plaster them all over my car.

I've got lots of things I can do to "support" this country the way the left has been doing it for the last 8 years.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:01 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,866,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
LOL Where was all this patriotism when Bush was in office? It's not about the president, it's about the country. If you're really that concerned about your country it seems to me you wouldn't have waited til now. Flakey.
Great post!!!!

Funny that NOW there is someone they like in the WH it is time for ALL of us to put aside our differences and serve him...NOT the country mind you but the President.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:05 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,866,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman0 View Post
Well, I've been told for the last 8 years that "dissent is patriotic," so I think I might make a movie about Obama being assassinated. Maybe rig up an effigy of the new President. Call him an idiot and a liar. Print some "Make 01/20/13 Obama's last day" bumper stickers and plaster them all over my car.

I've got lots of things I can do to "support" this country the way the left has been doing it for the last 8 years.
I know this is in jest but IF someone did such things there would be consequences in my opinion....

At my workplace it is overwhelmingly Obama supporters and during the elections discussions were very heated on the part of them...I actually didn't vote for McCain and told them so I simply wasn't going to vote for EITHER of the two evils but you would think I had insulted their mother...

I can easily see violence happening to those who tarnish the image of their leader.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:09 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,146,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Let's all sing, "KevK's gotta crush on Obama!" Dancing around in a tight T-shirt and shorts is optional.
I like Obama, but I am not a good dancer. Trust me, no one wants to see my old, wrinkled, fat body in tight T-shirt and shorts. May I wear a mumu?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies