Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 05:32 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,812,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMARTCREW View Post
obama is right wing. he supports business. not as much as bush, but he is definitely a capitalist. he will never give back to anyone. he talks about change, but look at his nominations. they are alot of the same people. he even kept the war monger gates. at the end of the day, obama is a member of the establishment.
I wanted Kucinich, but Obama is a hell of a lot better than McCain/Palin - wouldn't you agree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 06:10 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
He can't even find a nomineee that is rich that has paid their taxes as is;much less think about raising their taxes. If the middle class creates all the jobs they sure are layiong off alot of their fellow middle class friends. I say lets limit their salaries in that case and tax them more.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:58 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,812,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
He can't even find a nomineee that is rich that has paid their taxes as is;much less think about raising their taxes. If the middle class creates all the jobs they sure are layiong off alot of their fellow middle class friends. I say lets limit their salaries in that case and tax them more.
Take back what the rich stole from the middle-class.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:18 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Take back what the rich stole from the middle-class.
The "rich" have stole nothing -

Old 02-11-2009, 12:21 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
errrr Robin hood stole from the government to give back to the people,the rich king,sheriff..............

Old 02-11-2009, 12:25 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I never hear a conservative object to the forced income transfer from the workers that create the wealth to the capatialists that own it. Always OK to concentrate wealth but never OK to distribute it. Talk about self serving.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:10 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,243,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioNative View Post
Have you ever gotten a job from a poor person?

They don't pay very well.

If you totally eliminated poverty, there'd be a lot of people out of work.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:11 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,243,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
It has nothing to do about jealousy...

It has to do about fair play....

When Warren Buffet pays a lower effective tax rate than the average American - something is rotten in Denmark - big time..

Things will be changing to make the system more progressive - as it should be.

I will be negatively affected by such changes - but I feel it is the right thing for the country to do...

Those that feel strongly against this should move elsewhere.

Seems to be 'class' envy.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:27 PM

540 posts, read 630,030 times
Quote:
I wanted Kucinich, but Obama is a hell of a lot better than McCain/Palin - wouldn't you agree?
I think Kucinich would be good to tickle your balls on a Saturday night if there were absolutley not a living woman left on the planet. Otherwise he is pretty much useless.

I think we should drop all the poor people on China, castrate all the rich people and let me hand pick my own harem of 150 on a purely rotating basis. Not within the 150 outside the 150, just to be clear.

If that plan works out you might want to be my friend. I don't want any titles or nothin I just want to be acknowledged as the Harem guy, livin in a van down by the river, whatever. Till then I guess I'll just stay happily married and vote against democrats, always.

A noble goal to be assured...yet no more noble that Kucinich for President. Think about it.

Old 11-26-2010, 07:08 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Not to me. Everyone who owes taxes should pay them, wealthy Dems as well as wealthy Repubs, ok?

To me everyone should pay taxes period, not just some.
The close to 50% that don't are living/ benefitting off the labor of others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies