Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 10:09 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times

Advertisements

You know..2 years ago or maybe even 1 year ago a post like this would have been blown to smithereens. But, seeing what is going on today, it's not so far fetched anymore.

And we, the taxpayers; we, the voters; we, the citizens can only sit by and watch it happen.

Those who voted either Republican or Democrat can't be angry..you placed your votes for people who backed all these bailouts. They got re-elected or, in the case of the President, got elected to office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 11:12 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salukifan1 View Post
The Bible is very clear in stating that people, not even born-again people,
will be able to recognize the antiChrist. Period. This kind of inane e-mail
message is, like the Hitler/Obama thread, a simple attempt to frighten simple people. After all, we all remember that Gorbachev, with his port-wine birthmark, is the real antiChrist. Your time is better spent in doing good works than in trying to second-guess God.

Love to see the verse(s) you're refering to.

"Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not arrive until the rebellion comes and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction. He opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, and as a result he takes his seat in God’s temple, displaying himself as God. Surely you recall that I used to tell you these things while I was still with you. And so you know what holds him back, so that he will be revealed in his own time. For the hidden power of lawlessness is already at work. However, the one who holds him back will do so until he is taken out of the way, and then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will destroy by the breath of his mouth and wipe out by the manifestation of his arrival. The arrival of the lawless one will be by Satan’s working with all kinds of miracles and signs and false wonders, and with every kind of evil deception directed against those who are perishing, because they found no place in their hearts for the truth so as to be saved. Consequently God sends on them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false. And so all of them who have not believed the truth but have delighted in evil will be condemned." 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12

"For we consider that a person is declared righteous by faith apart from the works of the law." Romans 3:28

Old 03-13-2009, 09:04 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,654,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottasay View Post
Interesting parallels but the big question I have is: with whose army? I just don't see a left-wing POTUS being able to get a right-wing-dominated military to go along with any diabolical plans.
I thought of this myself after reading the article. Not to mention that well armed citizens could be a sticking point however, I fear that at some point, the left will institute some form of gun control, amongst their many other controls, and this will be the beginning of the end.

The protecting people from the people in the name of the people brainwashing mentality of the left today is enough to make you wonder if something like this could really take place though. The sycophants buy into this, line up and are controlled as easily as rats in the Pied Piper.

Old 03-13-2009, 09:18 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,569,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I'm a Born-Again Christian who is also scoffed and laughed at when I address the nature of this politician in the context of Bible phrophesies. Now I'm not saying that Obama is definitely the Anti-Christ, but I have seen things that have given me pause. According to my understanding of the scriptures, we are the terminal generation on the Earth that exists now and the time of the end is very close. Given the starting point of the end-time being 1948 with the rebirth of the State of Israel that was prophesied ( Mathematical Bible Prophecy ), a person born that year would be 61 or 62 now, so the timing would be correct for his emergence since 70 years is a long time for a generation by Bible standards. During the campaign I noticed some things that made me take special notice of this candidate. The fascination and awe that he inspired in the crowds he spoke to was something that I saw in films of Nazi Germany in the thirties. Also I took note that some were referring to him as "Messiah" and "The One" tongue in cheek and others were doing so with a little more sincerity. The world trip during the campaign and the reception he received was unprecedented. Now I hear talk of a world currency and world economy. None of these things by themselves identify Obama as the Anti-Christ with certainty, but they keep stacking up.

"Thus no one was allowed to buy or sell things unless he bore the mark of the beast – that is, his name or his number. This calls for wisdom: Let the one who has insight calculate the beast’s number, for it is man’s number, and his number is 666." Revelation 13:17-18

NETBible: Revelation 13

Then I saw a posts on this forum that pointed out that on the day of Obama's victory the IL three digit was 666. Curious, at least. So I checked it out for myself, and sure enough the winning three digit was indeed 666. Out of curiosity, I checked out the AZ three digit too. On the day following Obama's 666 number, the AZ three digit was 777 (a number that is associated with God). So what is the significance? First, I could be wrong, but it is hard for me to see these numbers as anything except a warning about this person, a warning that he is not just another politician. Perhaps he is just another "type" of anti-christ like Hitler was. Perhaps he is actually the Anti-Christ. The stage is certainly set for his appearance with Iran ready to go hot at any time and fully committed to the destruction of Israel.

"Learn this parable from the fig tree: Whenever its branch becomes tender and puts out its leaves, you know that summer is near." Matthew 24:32

NETBible: Matthew 24

Talk of Obama's goon squads certainly fit an end-time scenario in which the mass persecution of Christians would take place with a major worldwide cataclysmic event that seems to be nuclear war following immediately afterward.

“Immediately after the suffering of those days, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of heaven will be shaken." Matthew 24:29

NETBible: Matthew 24

Anyways, Jesus told us to keep watching for his return and that's what I'm doing. It would appear that we are getting very, very close to the end, and I would agree with you that something is definitely happening.
LOL, I got a good laugh out of this one. Thank christ people like you are in the minor minor minor minority.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:37 AM

563 posts, read 1,449,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
LOL, I got a good laugh out of this one. Thank christ people like you are in the minor minor minor minority.
Are you sure you want to thank "Christ"?

Old 03-13-2009, 11:01 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,233,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottasay View Post
Interesting parallels but the big question I have is: with whose army? I just don't see a left-wing POTUS being able to get a right-wing-dominated military to go along with any diabolical plans.
You must be referring to the currently standing Army of the U.S. These guys will be the street sweepers of the new government, castrated and useless.

Hitler had Brown shirts. The new government this time will have, I suppose, Blue shirts worn by those indoctrinated in policy from K thru enlistment. Today we call them ACORN, tommorrow... Sir.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:44 AM

25 posts, read 79,889 times
the video "the obama deception". 2 hours long. stick with it. especially the last hour. will open your eyes.
Watch The Obama Deception Online Free at DocumentaryWire.com

Old 03-15-2009, 09:59 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Frantically searches for tin foil...

Old 03-15-2009, 10:21 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,348,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
"Something of Historic Proportion is Happening" by Pam Geller

Atlas Shrugs: "Something of Historic Proportion is Happening"
Pure B.S.

She is what happens when you mix Sarah Palin with a Ann Coulter wanna be.

YouTube - Global Jihad Coming to Get Us!

YouTube - Atlas Shrugs Vlogs Islam, Bush Doctrine, New Media

Old 03-15-2009, 10:23 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,348,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjuice67 View Post
the video "the obama deception". 2 hours long. stick with it. especially the last hour. will open your eyes.
Watch The Obama Deception Online Free at DocumentaryWire.com
The only deception here is with the truth. 2 thumbs down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies