Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2010, 04:14 PM

1 posts, read 14,704 times

Advertisements

The reason the hispanic in south florida is so racist is because most are Cuban. Cubans are all white and all are affiliated with the republican party so that explains where that ignorance and hate comes from, it comes from cubans because they are the larget hispanic group in south florida and most of them live in nice areas like white people in places like miami lakes, coral gables, aventura, hialeah gardens, which are all very expensive places to live. Cubans are not poor like most black americans think that they are, they have made more progress than any other hispanic group becase they are considered political refugees and are given everything in this country which is why they make progress they are given citizenship when they touch land. Now in south florida there are Mexicans the reason there are no mexican in miami is becase there are no agricutural areas in the city and miami is to expensive for mexicans....now in south dade which is homestead there is a very large mexican population because homestead is an agricutural city and the city provides labor camps for them to live and in homestead rent is much cheaper than in miami. In Homestead mexicans live very rough and poor areas like florida city and naranja which have very large black populations. In west palm beach there are also alot of Mexicans and they live in very poor and rough areas like pahokee and bell glades which also have large black populations. In naples there alot of mexicans as well, they are mostly located in an area known as immokalee which is very rough and has alot of crime and is very dangerous and immokalee is almost 85% mexican. In immokalee they have a jail and most prisoners there are mexican. So what it shows is that mexicans are very liberal and democratic because they are poorer and darker skinned than cubans who are all white and stuck up. Mexicans arent racist I know alot mexicans here in homestead whose neighbors are black but on the other in hialeah there no blacks at all so that shows that cubans are the ones who are racist not mexicans. In los angeles most hispanics are mexican and most live in very poor are like compton, south central, watts, and oakland which are gang infested areas and are very dangerous. Los angeles is controlled by mexicans most gangs in La are hispanic, in La county there 53,000 hispanic gangs and there are only 25,000 black gangs. Californias prison population is almost 50 % hispanic and in La county for every black person there five hispanics, LA has the larget hispanic population in the United States and most hispanics live in barrios which means "ghettos or slums in spanish" the roughest part of La is prodominantly hispanic area known as East LA. East LA has the highest murder rate in La, it has the highest gang rate, it has the highest high scool dropout rate in the city , and it has the poverty in the city and it has the highest suicide rate in the city which shows how much tougher it is for mexicans in this country, alot of these problems comes from discrimination because in LA there is a very large white population and most cop in LA are white and patrol the streets of East LA with racist attitudes. During the LA riots most people who were arrested were mexican and most who were killed were mexican which shows that the hispanic was fed up with police brutality than blacks were because the LA riots is considered a black thing by the cubans in miami because rodeny king was beaten up by white cops so most cubans in miami who watched the riots on the mews consider it a black thing because cubans are racist. Mexicnas are the ones who started the riots but the media and african americans who are also some of the most racists people i've ever met in my life made into a blakc thing ass well to try and diminish what the mexicans did in order to say that hispanics are not a real minority group because alot of blacks think hispanics are white yeah maybe here in south florida there all white becasue cubans are the larget hispanic group in dade county and they are all white. In california I have looked it up when you are arrested you are classified as brown skin not white skin, I know this because I have listened to LAPD recordings in East LA and when they are in a hispanic are and they are going make an arrest they classify the hispanic a brown hispanic male. In LA police are classify mexicans as brown skin because they are and even in birth cerificates in california mexicans are considered brown not white so anybody questions what I say move to LA and find out for yourself. I moving to LA in two years to see a different and more accepting hispanic culture because i am a dark skin cuban I experienced so much discrimination from white cubans when I lived in hialeah.............I saw cubans racism firsthand because i am cuban................**** miami LA all the way............Mexicans are the larget hispanic group in this country they make up 60% of the hispanic community. California, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, Neveada, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Lousiana, are all being taken over by mexicans cubans are nothing compared to mexicans they are only located in Miami thats about it so cubans may have the money and political support but mexicans have the numbers and the tougher neighboorhoods......Mexicans VS Cubans..........Brown Vs White................make sense

Old 09-09-2010, 08:59 AM

1 posts, read 14,673 times
954goon post is alarming but it does sound like reality. People develop these mentalities over time after dealing with others' disrespect so ugly breeds ugly. Our communities are suffering from hatred, pride and violence which wins us enemies when we offend others. Win people with love not intimidation. I am black and I am sorry we are all in this mess. Most of it I believe is a result of slavery and racism in America that made us so defensive, angry and unproductive. We just need Jesus. Lord help us all.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:01 AM

3 posts, read 16,927 times
Default Answer Simplified

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWTOSFLA View Post
Why do hispanics and cubans dislike black people? I never experienced racism from a hispanic until i came to south florida....i just find it odd. Can someone explain it me or break it down to me like a 3 year old....
The same reasons asian and middle eastern people do.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:10 AM

1 posts, read 14,673 times
thks !!!!!

Old 10-04-2010, 08:07 PM

83 posts, read 216,984 times
well - imo, its because of a two-way problem: many hispanics (esp in miami) are by default pretty racist, hell latin america is often very racist towards blacks so its not too difficult to see the connection. Thus many cubans for example see a black person and automatically assume (negro! peligro! socorro!) that they're gonna cause trouble, they never even give them a chance. I also know that many cubans look down on black skin - it represents that "undesirable" side of cuba = the whole part that they fled (ie- opening habana, castro etc) so they hate black because their skin is black (yes...absurd). Blacks on the other hand don't help their cause- the area where I live in miami, almost everytime i see a black person, they're following some "unfair" stereotype that people have "mislabeled" them with: they're loud, rude, obnoxious, no manners, crass, vulgar, and dress like trash (either dirty or nice clothes but slutty). I rarely meet a "normal" black person - ie friendly, open, clean and polite - and its so rare that when I do it surprises me, its like im taken aback or something.

Since many hispanics (like cubans for example in MIA) don't live in black neighborhoods and vice versa (my HS= like 1% black, 98% hispanic and like idk 2 white girls lol) - they never mingle and they grow farther and farther apart. Most of the crime here that i catch on the local news seems to have a disproportionately high number of blacks, sometime its all i see - makes many cubans associate blacks with crime/drugs/shootings. Blacks- many assume hispanics are going to hate them anyways and look down upon them/mistreat them, so many already get defensive (understandably so) and avoid hispanics because they know thats just trouble looking for a place to happen.

That being said, i have np going to la pequena habana, hialeah or sweetwater and feeling totally safe. I guess im in my element. I do however avoid carol city/overtown/miami gardens/opa-locka and other mostly black places cuz i don't feel safe there - even driving through (its just the truth) - its not my element. What I sometimes wonder is - do blacks feel comfortable around mainly hispanic areas of miami - or do they also feel that sense of like...nervousness? If they did, it would mean thats its a pretty messed up cycle - but it shows that that cycle does exist.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:22 PM

16 posts, read 84,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
"Hispanic" is a government-imposed label that has nothing to do with race; the label simply references Hispanic (as in: rooted in Spain) cultural and linguistic heritage that can apply to anyone of any race or racial admixture. Many Hispanics are of un-mixed European origin. Some are mixed European and Amerindian (this mix is called mestizo), some are mixed European and African (this mix is called mulatto), some are mixed African and Amerindian (this mix is called zambo), and some Hispanics are of Asian ancestry. Did you know that there are many full-blooded Asians of Japanese ancestry living in Peru, Brazil, and other Latin American countries?
i've always been frustrated by those who insist "hispanic" is a race - with one parent who was half spanish (euro), and the other 75% of me irish, i have had a lifetime of slurs directed toward me, and have been called a liar and a poseur when in exasperation i shout "I'M WHITE!" you've given me new, interesting information on the subject...

Old 10-04-2010, 08:40 PM

16 posts, read 84,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
Racism in not exclusiv to the United States or Europe.

One thing people forget, Hispanic is not a RACE.'

Hispancis are white, black, Indian, Asian...and lots of mixes.

Cubans are White, Black and Mulattos (bi-racial).

White Cubans, like white anybody, think they are better than blacks.

Be it latinos, americans, haitians...whoever...it's a race thing.

And you have a high number of white/european cubans in Miami.
They discriminate their own countrymen and everybody else.

Welcome to Miami.
so, white anybody think they are better than blacks? EVERY single black person i know hates whites on some level... i know that "some of my best friends are black" is a cliche, but for some reason i've always been drawn to black women, and whenever my situation has changed (work, school,) my new best friend (or so i've thought) has always been black... but on some level, the hate is always there - conversations stopped when the white girl walks in, social functions that the white girl doesn't get invited to, plans and hopes and dreams that only the other black girls are privy to... not one single black person in my office has anything to do with anyone else, and we're a very mixed bunch... so who thinks they're better?

Old 10-04-2010, 09:28 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,339,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valentino1 View Post
so, white anybody think they are better than blacks? EVERY single black person i know hates whites on some level... i know that "some of my best friends are black" is a cliche, but for some reason i've always been drawn to black women, and whenever my situation has changed (work, school,) my new best friend (or so i've thought) has always been black... but on some level, the hate is always there - conversations stopped when the white girl walks in, social functions that the white girl doesn't get invited to, plans and hopes and dreams that only the other black girls are privy to... not one single black person in my office has anything to do with anyone else, and we're a very mixed bunch... so who thinks they're better?
How unfortunate.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:39 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,737,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valentino1 View Post
when you're treated a certain way, over time you end up resenting it.
so things like what you're describing occur.

its sort of like a "they're going to look down on us anyway" sort of thing. however, it doesn't make it right and it doesn't make it so...

Old 10-05-2010, 12:10 AM

1,807 posts, read 3,324,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantel View Post
The same reasons asian and middle eastern people do.
lol honestly.. most immigrants hate US blacks.. this includes african immigrants. my sister's co worker came here from Eritrea, and she says that before her family came here they already had a negative view about U.S blacks. she said that when she moved here she had this irrational fear of black people, if she was out at night and saw black people she'd get all tense n clutch her purse lol
most if not all hispanic immigrants have negative views of black people. old latinos don't like blacks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.