Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 07:58 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times

Advertisements

You Bush bashers are taking something you saw in print as fact. Maybe that's why the liberal press here in the US can lead you around by the nose so easily.

Just because it's IN PRINT doesn't mean it's TRUE - EVEN IF YOU WISH IT TO BE SO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 09:02 PM

305 posts, read 539,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
You Bush bashers are taking something you saw in print as fact. Maybe that's why the liberal press here in the US can lead you around by the nose so easily.

Just because it's IN PRINT doesn't mean it's TRUE - EVEN IF YOU WISH IT TO BE SO.

Likewise, you Obama bashers have a bad habit of taking something you hear on the radio as fact (must be because fewer of them can read). Maybe that's why the right-wing hate machine on the airwaves can lead you around by the nose so easily.

Just because YOU HEAR IT ON THE RADIO doesn't mean it's TRUE - EVEN IF YOU WISH IT TO BE SO.

Old 05-30-2009, 10:42 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,643,185 times
Quote:

The kool-aid is too strong this time around. Not sure what antidote will bring them out of the stupor.

Old 05-30-2009, 10:56 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
You can call it the end times or whatever. When death faces life the choice is clear. You can ignore this face off, if you like.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:18 PM

If you think this isn't the confrontation spoke of over centuries you're naive. I'm not naive, are you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_VOjGXpyIU

Old 05-30-2009, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Admittedly, there's a risk in any course we follow other than this, but every lesson of history tells us that the greater risk lies in appeasement, and this is the specter our well-meaning liberal friends refuse to face -- that their policy of accommodation is appeasement, and it gives no choice between peace and war, only between fight or surrender.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:
There is a mysterious cycle in human events. To some generations much is given. Of other generations much is expected. This generation of Americans has a rendezvous with destiny.

In this world of our in other lands, there are some people, who, in times past, have lived and fought for freedom, and seem to have grown too weary to carry on the fight. They have sold their heritage of freedom for the illusion of a living. They have yielded their democracy.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:39 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,711,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Up is down and down is up in the deranged new world of Obamanation.
Just because you adhere to a different ideology than the one in power at the moment does not mean the one in power is wrong. It is the tension between social concerns and individual liberties that have kept our nation strong for centuries.

We tried your ideology for 8 years and it failed. Now we are balancing the scales. It's not backwards at all. Please stop insulting fellow Americans who have taken control of a corrupt situation and returned our nation to a righteous path. The same thing happened when Reagan took control after a corrupt liberal excess of power.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:38 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,197,413 times
Quote:

Hence the title...Bush on Gog and Magog, surely this can't be true

However there are prior statements made by Bush, such as the following:
Quote:
Europe cringes at Bush 'crusade' against terrorists
Europe cringes at Bush 'crusade' against terrorists | csmonitor.com

"I feel like God wants me to run for President. I can't explain it, but I sense my country is going to need me. Something is going to happen... I know it won't be easy on me or my family, but God wants me to do it." --George W. Bush commenting to Texas evangelist James Robinson in the run-up to his presidential campaign

Here is a really interesting one that was reported in the Jewish newspaper, Haaretz by Arnon Regular

"God told me to strike at al Qaeda and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam [Hussein], which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East. If you help me I will act, and if not, the elections will come and I will have to focus on them." --Palestinian Authority Prime Minister Abu Mazen quoting Bush when they met in Aqaba; reported in The Haaretz Reporter by Arnon Regular

However in all fairness, I doubled checked this quote as it seemed bizarre

So from the Washington Post we get the following addendum to this

Quote:
The White House declined to clarify, but the Israeli reporter at the time read what he said were the Palestinians' minutes of the meeting to an Arabic-speaking colleague here. Our colleague's translation was different: "God inspired me to hit al Qaeda, and so I hit it. And I had the inspiration to hit Saddam, and so I hit him."
Substantially different, we felt. Moreover, this is Abbas's account in Arabic of what Bush said in English, written down by a note-taker in Arabic and then put back into English.
George W. Bush and the G-Word

If nothing else, we have an established pattern of religious context to draw from prior to the statement claimed by Chirac. Again, this does not prove he said it, but in the absence of refute, we get a silent confirmation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
You can call it the end times or whatever. When death faces life the choice is clear. You can ignore this face off, if you like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
There is a mysterious cycle in human events. To some generations much is given. Of other generations much is expected. This generation of Americans has a rendezvous with destiny.

In this world of our in other lands, there are some people, who, in times past, have lived and fought for freedom, and seem to have grown too weary to carry on the fight. They have sold their heritage of freedom for the illusion of a living. They have yielded their democracy..
Nice hyper-patriotic jingoism. Thing is, we are not fighting for our democracy or for freedom, we entered into conflict with Iraq for no justifiable reason. There have never been any WMD's found, there has never been any connections between Bin Laden and Saddam and talk of mushroom clouds over New York that were hurled from Iraq were not even fantasy, they were delusional rantings of someone on bordering on mental illness.

What we do have is a series of statements from our former President that suggest he was in a holy crusade against evil from the bible. We had members of his administration aware of this (note Rumsfeld scribbling on war time memos)

Quote:
The revelation this month in GQ Magazine that Donald Rumsfeld as Defense Secretary embellished top-secret wartime memos with quotations from the Bible prompts a question. Why did he believe he could influence President Bush by that means?
Bush's Shocking Biblical Prophecy Emerges: God Wants to "Erase" Mid-East Enemies "Before a New Age Begins" | Politics | AlterNet

Additionally we had Neoconservative ideologues who openly and publicly discussed changing the face of the entire Middle East and bringing it under US control.

So the notion that we went to Iraq for some noble purpose of our national destiny or to fight for our freedoms, liberty, and our democracy is just total and utter BS. Let alone to fulfill some biblical prophecy.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:40 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,643,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Just because you adhere to a different ideology than the one in power at the moment does not mean the one in power is wrong. It is the tension between social concerns and individual liberties that have kept our nation strong for centuries.

We tried your ideology for 8 years and it failed. Now we are balancing the scales. It's not backwards at all. Please stop insulting fellow Americans who have taken control of a corrupt situation and returned our nation to a righteous path. The same thing happened when Reagan took control after a corrupt liberal excess of power.

On the same token, trading one corrupt government for another is also unsettling and is truly a twilight zone experience for many out here. This president has a dangerous and insidious ideology, and so much worse than Bush, he has many equally corrupt hacks and goons standing ready to do his every bidding. Add to that an ultra-liberal media gone wild, yet ask NO salient questions of this president, offer no criticism. And there are certainly plenty of objectionable actions he has taken they could be discussing with him. Instead, they act like giddy first graders when the clown is in the room. Disgust is not a strong enough term for this inexplicable and insane situation . Know that not everybody has bought into accepting the utter destruction he is bringing down around us. Nor are we going to readily accept his great plan for us, to cripple and do away with so many of the freedoms we enjoy. Not without a fight. Goon squads get ready.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies