Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 07:54 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,629,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Plenty of people refer to trojan horses viruses, which apparently are not technically viruses (news to me, I thought they were).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trojan_horse_(computing)

How about a non-analogy.
Taliban and Al-Qaeda have benefited in their recruiting, as a result of the Bush administration.
How about another non-analogy: your ilk fill in pretty well for Taliban and al-Qaeda. Can't distinguish you from a sympathizer. At least the poster you are trying to correct admits 7 years of protection since Sept. 11.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 07:54 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Well, I am not a techy, but do know a trojan horse is not a virus. So your analogy here is moot.
My analogy may be moot, but the fact that an enemy in waiting was left behind by 8 disastrous years of unspeakable abuses by the Bush Administration war criminals remains valid

Old 05-30-2009, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post

Let us simply hope in the future that we do not allow presidential elections to be nudged toward former alcoholics who turn to fundamentalism as a stabilizing force.

We need stronger leaders than that - leaders who have overcome their personal demons. Clinton still had many such demons from sexual abuse in his childhood that came back to haunt him.

Thankfully, Obama seems to have slain all of his, so far as I can tell.
Ah, behold the Lamb that Has Slain all of his inner demons. Behold the Lamb!

WE ARE SAVED!

Old 05-30-2009, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Ah, behold the Lamb that Has Slain all of his inner demons. Behold the Lamb!

WE ARE SAVED!
We are saved, but the war criminals we are saved from remain free, and likely will subvert justice for their war crimes

Old 05-30-2009, 08:02 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
Im not sure i can believe the story...
Even if one believed in the events foretold,Gog & Magog..etc
A christian should be preparing for a life beyond this one.
If the Bible/God says something is to occur what good is trying to..
Change those events?
So even if Bush believed that why try to change whats supposed to happen???
"I have a dream." MLK (The Murdered - by The Hoover Group)

"I have a belief." GWB (The Mentally-Melted Decider)

"I hate fascist crime." RFK (The Murdered - by Chicago)

"We love it - all of it." THE CLINTONS (Still at large)

"I just want to protect you." D**K CHENEY (Why won't you believe me)

"I am the only way." BARACKO (You can follow, or be carried - I love you all)

Old 05-30-2009, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
We are saved, but the war criminals we are saved from remain free, and likely will subvert justice for their war crimes
In that case: LONG LIVE THE WAR CRIMINALS! HURRAH! HURRAH!

Old 05-30-2009, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
In that case: LONG LIVE THE WAR CRIMINALS! HURRAH! HURRAH!

You needn't be so obvious to me about it, I already knew your feelings.
The "vanguard' indeed. You know how you treat a war criminal that you cant prosecute? Like Code Pink did to Donald Rumsfeld at the White House Correspondents Dinner.

You exercise your freedom of speech, and you then speak the truth

Old 05-30-2009, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
And, behold, here's Obama.
The extreme opposite pendulum-position of GWB (the American Taliban).

YouTube - Beetle Juice - O-Day Banana Boat Song

Old 05-30-2009, 08:36 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,197,413 times
I think we are missing the point here. This isn't just about the world's most powerful single man believing in biblical prophecy, this is about the world's more powerful man attempting to bring it about according to his interpretations. There is a distinct difference.

What many who may be fundamentalist Christians are failing to grasp here is that the power that has been consolidated into the Executive branch under the Bush-Cheney administration would one day then fall upon those who will come after them. This is something I often warned about but no one really cared or listened. Hypothetical here... What if Obama were a closet religious extremist and wished to carry out an agenda radically different than anyone before him, who paved the way and set the precedence of an imperial Presidency more than anyone else?

If the statements as claimed by Chirac are true (as of yet not denied) then we passed through one of the most chilling and frightening administrations in this nations history and in light any lack of remorse on this course, post Bush should give one pause enough to reflect on the past eight years in a far more stark light.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
If we did not have the wealth and brilliant political structure we do in this nation, there would be far greater similarities.

While the actions are far more tame (in general), the core values are the same as the Taliban. Just look at your list: homosexuals, no rights for women, waging war for Christ, enthusiasm for the death penalty...

Fundamentalism is fundamentalism, no matter the book its followers worship.

Let us simply hope in the future that we do not allow presidential elections to be nudged toward former alcoholics who turn to fundamentalism as a stabilizing force.

We need stronger leaders than that - leaders who have overcome their personal demons. Clinton still had many such demons from sexual abuse in his childhood that came back to haunt him.
Good assessment! Nice of you to say.

Quote:
Thankfully, Obama seems to have slain all of his, so far as I can tell.
I wish Obama had started a business from scratch and run it for a while - so that he could comprehend that there is more to this world than the demons HE overcame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies