Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 10:00 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,643,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Aw - The Christians are just jealous because they can't imagine a better heavenly reward than having 72 virgins.

Virgins don't last long in Islamic Heaven, which is why so many are needed.

Maybe they come from aborted fetuses.

You would have to delineate which "christian" heaven, as the bible mentions at least three distinct "heavens". Just gotta be more specific.

Allah on the other hand has at least 8 heavens waiting for the jihadist, full of big-bosomed houris. I imagine they get to "jump" around from heaven to heaven all day. And hear tell there is even an opium heaven!! Not sure what "heaven" muslim women get to inherit. Most are living a hell on earth here for sure, and of all people would deserve a final reprieve.

I don't know what happens to "souls" of the aborted. Buddhist belief has it they just recirculate. I like that notion....good as any.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 10:31 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Before making such judgements, wouldn't you like to actually see and read it from the one who claims Bush said it? Instead of taking an opinion piece that interprets what is in the book?

I have no doubt that the weasel Chirac would lie his A** off to get back at Bush.

You people (bush haters) are so gullible - do you often believe everything someone tells you secondhand?

Old 05-30-2009, 10:33 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Before making such judgements, wouldn't you like to actually see and read it from the one who claims Bush said it? Instead of taking an opinion piece that interprets what is in the book?

I have no doubt that the weasel Chirac would lie his A** off to get back at Bush.

You people (bush haters) are so gullible - do you often believe everything someone tells you secondhand?
Let's torture Bush and find out the truth.

Old 05-30-2009, 12:19 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,197,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
America as a prophetic fulfillment and visionary culmination is not a new concept. It goes back to our founding (America as religious utopia and "city on a hill"), our middle history (Manifest Destiny), and our 20th century history (America as army of the right cause and champion of freedom).

You can pretend that this idealism (or fanaticism, as you call it) has never before existed, but it pre-dates your humanitarian secularism.

Every leader has a "vision" he wants to fulfill. It is truly dangerous when it is a personal vision that is devoid of religious sensibilities. Utilitarian arguments that charade as "humanitarian" will lead you toward totalitarianism.
One, I never pretended it exists, doesn't exist or isn't present, please show me where I stated this. In fact, that I would argue caution against such a thing from happening again in the future would be an acknowledgment that it happens, no?

Please provide some evidence where this, as you call it... utilitarian argument supposedly as a charade for humanitarianism or whatever you concocted up has led to totalitarianism. I would like to see not just a plausible example but a salient one, as the way you are presenting this seems to suggest than any actions a leader may take devoid of religious inflections is a charade. I only ask for some proof or examples of this if it is so prevelent, I'm sure you will have a library of examples to pull from.

As far bible prophecy predicting that the United States would be all these things is, yes, you are right, purely, utterly, totally and complete delusional and fantasy.

I was just reading in the holy Frogamarium New Testament. page 943, chapter 17, verse 32-34

(32) There will be a great kingdom founded past the western seas and it shalt be called Uusa and the great holy father Frog Fergie shall bless this land and all the rest of the world will pay homage.

(33) There will be a great evil that shall spring forth from the bowels of the under world and be of two tribes, the Canadiagogs and the Mexicagogs, and these two tribes shall bring war upon the kingdom of Uusa. Take not of these people for they are unclean and unholy.

(33a) Pay heed my people for I shall give unto thee a great leader from atop the great holy hill. He shall be wise and just, and his sign shall be a graceful and eloquent recital of the holy words.

(34) I shall command thy people to enter into a great cleansing in the name of the holy Ferg Frog and they shall go forth and purge this evil from these lands by leaving no man, woman, child, beast or crop left standing. I shall then be pleased and bless thy people and shall bring 7777 years of peace. After this purge, I shall take my people into a holy city on the dark side of Moondonimum for all eternity and they shall ascend without death and live forever more free of evil.

Now, after reading these religious passages, I can assume that we are the chosen people, that we should go forth and kill every Canadian and Mexican and then shall live all eternity in peace, free of evil.

How is that piece of fantasy any different than men who wrote the bible prophesying that America will be all these things?

Anyone have some Nostradamus laying around we can interpolate?

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 05-30-2009 at 01:21 PM..

Old 05-30-2009, 12:25 PM

Quote:

Bush never denied it thus far. Maybe Chirac would lie, but then again one would expect Bush to defend himself against such a heinous and inflammatory comment, especially if it were an outright lie.

Bush thus far remains silent and has not refuted it, so take from that what you may.

Besides, it is a quoted statement in an opinion piece, a quote that has been thus far confirmed by at least two people. Do you know what it means to quote someone?

Old 05-30-2009, 01:19 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,904,727 times
Quote:

Hilariously hypocritical coming from you.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Bush never denied it thus far.

Bush thus far remains silent and has not refuted it, so take from that what you may.
Well, can you point me to any evidence that he even knows about the book and what that weasel said?

Can you provide any proof that he has been asked the question by ANYONE?

Old 05-30-2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Well, can you point me to any evidence that he even knows about the book and what that weasel said?

Can you provide any proof that he has been asked the question by ANYONE?
You are right and I'm wrong. I forgot, Bush don't read.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:04 PM

I'll just take that as a no, you can't.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
I'll just take that as a no, you can't.
You are right, I can't provide evidence that Bush can read nor can I provide evidence that he is aware of this. Then again he was oblivious for the past 8 years, why change now.

Of course you cannot provide evidence that he is aware of this and doesn't refute it either. So as it stands, Chirac made a claim that has yet to be refuted is all we really know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies