Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 09:57 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
You Bush bashers are taking something you saw in print as fact. Maybe that's why the liberal press here in the US can lead you around by the nose so easily.

Just because it's IN PRINT doesn't mean it's TRUE - EVEN IF YOU WISH IT TO BE SO.
By the exact same rationale, just because it is in print does not make it untrue. Based on the past descriptive prose of the former Commander in Chief, it is consistent that he would utter such a thing to the French Prime. He has made other utterances during this time frame that were FAR more disturbing than this one.

I WISH that were the dumbest thing he said. The Croatian ambassador said Bush did not know anything about the cultural differences between Sunni and Shi'ites, going so far as to thinking these were people with little difference amongst them. To not know this (or if such an accusation is valid and trustworthy, a total possibility here of this being the case) it would show an appalling lack of knowledge of the SAME dilemma faced by his own FATHER.

This I simply cannot believe. It would be entirely too easy to make a claim like this without backing it up with any evidence.

However, the POSSIBILITY it is true is STILL assigned, the doubt that Bush actually could say something so stupid very much possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2009, 10:01 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
On the same token, trading one corrupt government for another is also unsettling and is truly a twilight zone experience for many out here. This president has a dangerous and insidious ideology, and so much worse than Bush, he has many equally corrupt hacks and goons standing ready to do his every bidding. ...

Are you insane? I snipped off the rest of your post, this quoted truly was enough evidence. The jury rests.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:04 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
I snipped off the rest of your post, this quoted truly was enough evidence.
She speaks the truth.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:04 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
By the exact same rationale, just because it is in print does not make it untrue. Based on the past descriptive prose of the former Commander in Chief, it is consistent that he would utter such a thing to the French Prime. He has made other utterances during this time frame that were FAR more disturbing than this one.

I WISH that were the dumbest thing he said. The Croatian ambassador said Bush did not know anything about the cultural differences between Sunni and Shi'ites, going so far as to thinking these were people with little difference amongst them. To not know this (or if such an accusation is valid and trustworthy, a total possibility here of this being the case) it would show an appalling lack of knowledge of the SAME dilemma faced by his own FATHER.

This I simply cannot believe. It would be entirely too easy to make a claim like this without backing it up with any evidence.

However, the POSSIBILITY it is true is STILL assigned, the doubt that Bush actually could say something so stupid very much possible.
Not unlike Hillary on several occasions, nor the lack of sensitivity to cultural differences often demonstrated by Obama (and Michelle). An apalling lack of understanding and knowledge - and respect. What it comes down to, whether liberals want to admit it or not, their 'messiah' - along with all politicians - has warts. Rather than be blind to them, we should acknowledge they are all human, and take on the responsibility of being watchdogs over what they do to the country in the name of whatever noble sounding program they are pushing at the moment, never forgetting for a moment that what they do is for their own good first, and not for the good of the country, no matter how they dress it up.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:29 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,017,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
On the same token, trading one corrupt government for another is also unsettling and is truly a twilight zone experience for many out here. This president has a dangerous and insidious ideology, and so much worse than Bush, he has many equally corrupt hacks and goons standing ready to do his every bidding. Add to that an ultra-liberal media gone wild, yet ask NO salient questions of this president, offer no criticism. And there are certainly plenty of objectionable actions he has taken they could be discussing with him. Instead, they act like giddy first graders when the clown is in the room. Disgust is not a strong enough term for this inexplicable and insane situation . Know that not everybody has bought into accepting the utter destruction he is bringing down around us. Nor are we going to readily accept his great plan for us, to cripple and do away with so many of the freedoms we enjoy. Not without a fight. Goon squads get ready.....

From the Sunday sermon: "As a dog returneth to its vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly."

Old 05-31-2009, 10:40 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,197,413 times
I am really, truly and utterly stunned that so many people are okie dokee with a President who would be willing to enter into a holy crusade to bring about the end times. (even if Bush didn't) I guess we are more like the radical Islamic terrorist who desire a jihad than I ever expected. Sorry but this just blows me away.

http://www.militaryreligiousfreedom....cross_tank.jpg

Old 05-31-2009, 10:42 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,643,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Are you insane? I snipped off the rest of your post, this quoted truly was enough evidence. The jury rests.

Looks like the henchmen cometh. Used to be, the "accused" got to meet their accusers, meet the jurors. Guess not in Bam's World.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:50 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,017,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
I am really, truly and utterly stunned that so many people are okie dokee with a President who would be willing to enter into a holy crusade to bring about the end times. (even if Bush didn't) I guess we are more like the radical Islamic terrorist who desire a jihad than I ever expected. Sorry but this just blows me away.

http://www.militaryreligiousfreedom....cross_tank.jpg
We're getting schooled on why the separation of church and state was very specifically written into the Constitution. Check out Michael Weinstein's book With God On Our Side. When the late Molly Ivins referred to "Shi'ite Baptists," she nailed it.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 05-31-2009 at 11:08 AM.. Reason: Added link

Old 05-31-2009, 11:46 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salukifan1 View Post
We're getting schooled on why the separation of church and state was very specifically written into the Constitution. Check out Michael Weinstein's book With God On Our Side. When the late Molly Ivins referred to "Shi'ite Baptists," she nailed it.
Molly (Rest Her Soul Well And Easy) nailed a lot of things, and footnoted extensively. She didn't pull things out of the sky.

"Bill of Wrongs" was an excellent book. Read it if you have time.

Old 05-31-2009, 11:53 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,643,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Molly (Rest Her Soul Well And Easy) nailed a lot of things, and footnoted extensively. She didn't pull things out of the sky.

"Bill of Wrongs" was an excellent book. Read it if you have time.

Ivins a lifelong alcoholic and comedienne....to take her seriously is a laugh, ha ha...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies