Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2009, 09:39 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Spin, spin, spin, spin.
what spin?

You mean Letterman REEEEEALLY meant Willow, and now he's backtracking like the coward he is?

THAT's spin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 09:40 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
As another poster pointed out:
(paraphrasing)
Oooohhhh that tough nut Palin can really handle COMEDIANS!!!

Now if world leaders like Putin were just comedians.....

But, seriously folks, do you really consider this whining cry baby for anything other position than Avon lady???? (my apology to Avon ladies who HAVE brains and a backbone)

Shouldn't Palin quit wasting Alask's taxes and quit campaigning????Especially since it consists of attending ballgames and whining????
Do you feel the same about obama still campaigning.

The ball game was for Autism I think. Is that ok for her to support that?

Old 06-12-2009, 09:44 AM

195 posts, read 127,683 times
Quote:
So then why the apology?
The apology was weak at best. As he apologized he took the time to re read each one liner he said during the previous show. Actually it was pretty funny. The apology was really aimed trying to set Palin straight on the fact that his target was not her 14 y/o Willow/Oak/Maple/Chestnut/Ash or whatever.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:44 AM

51 posts, read 91,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
The Obama family has not exploited their children as has the Palin family.

Sarah Palin has paraded poor Bristol in front of cameras and made her a public spectacle from the moment it was revealed that the girl was pregnant. She very manipulatively "welcomed" the baby daddy, Levi Johnston, into her family and paraded him around. She then, of course, kicked him out when he was no longer politically useful.

Palin is a political shark - she's not real smart, but she has killer instincts. She will do whatever she thinks it will take to win, including exploiting her unmarried, pregnant daughter, who is now an unmarried single mom preaching abstinence - whether she wants to or not.

Hmm..let's keep it real here. I disagree...she did not make Bristol a spectacle. Her complete image came under close media scrutiny after the Convention, just as any VP running mate would. Subsequently she was attacked by the liberal media.

Furthermore, I don't think it's appropriate for a 62 year old man to make lewd comments about a 14 year old girl, a private citizen ...at all. It's crass, disgusting, and very LOW class. It's the action of a thug in my opinion.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:45 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,310,577 times
The bigger issue is not the joke. It was in poor taste. Letterman admitted it was in poor taste. CBS admitted it was in poor taste. The NY Times edited a transcript of the show, as did the Late Show website. Everybody with any decency knows it was in poor taste. The big issue to me is that certain people choose to defend his actions. There are two possibilities:

1. Mindless partisan hack. Argues just to argue.

2. Truly believes there was nothing wrong with the joke.

Those of you in bucket #1 are inmature, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt that deep down you care about your fellow humans.

Those of you in bucket #2 are exhibit sociopathic symptoms.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womanofsubstance View Post
Hmm..let's keep it real here. I disagree...she did not make Bristol a spectacle. Her complete image came under close media scrutiny after the Convention, just as any VP running mate would. Subsequently she was attacked by the liberal media.

Furthermore, I don't think it's appropriate for a 62 year old man to make lewd comments about a 14 year old girl, a private citizen ...at all. It's crass, disgusting, and very LOW class. It's the action of a thug in my opinion.
An attack is not objective reporting. Please give links to "attacks" on her family by the liberal media. Not bloggers -- because that would allow us to discuss attacks on Obama's family by reactionary bloggers -- but the standard perceived "liberal" mass media. Thanks.

He wasnt TALKING about Willow...please try to pay attention to the news,

Old 06-12-2009, 09:51 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,516,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
He wasnt TALKING about Willow...please try to pay attention to the news,

He actually was. He was just too dumb to realize it. And this is who you people defend?

Old 06-12-2009, 09:52 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
Quote:
So then why the apology?
I wouldn't say it was an apology as much as a plea for the Palin family and their minions to get their minds out of the gutter.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:54 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,726,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Palin really said as it is on the today show this morning in an interview with Matt Lauer!

She also mentioned the double standard and how Obama before he was the president told the media that family was off limits for jokes or anything and how this was obayed by Liberals and Rep. to Liberals, but not in case of Rep. woman. You go girl, Palin showed how she can handle her self and I hope Letterman's ratings will drop so he will find out what he really did.

Where is the out cry for him being fired...like with Imus...well Rep. are different we just want the ratings to take care of it!
Wow the Today show finally got some class........

Old 06-12-2009, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
The bigger issue is not the joke. It was in poor taste. Letterman admitted it was in poor taste. CBS admitted it was in poor taste. The NY Times edited a transcript of the show, as did the Late Show website. Everybody with any decency knows it was in poor taste. The big issue to me is that certain people choose to defend his actions. There are two possibilities:

1. Mindless partisan hack. Argues just to argue.

2. Truly believes there was nothing wrong with the joke.

Those of you in bucket #1 are inmature, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt that deep down you care about your fellow humans.

Those of you in bucket #2 are exhibit sociopathic symptoms.
You all misread the joke because you were told to misread it. Of course it was in poor taste but he didnt mean Willow and he didnt mean or say "rape."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies