Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2009, 02:15 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,291,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Well -

There you are, then.

They should have been back in Mooseville with their stay-at-home father, going to school instead of gallivanting all over Creation and being displayed like trophies in a game room.

The Obama children stayed at home with Grandma most of the time and kept in touch with their Father by telephone. The only time they were on the trail was when they didn't have school.

You mean like this

Obama Family on Access Hollywood

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 02:23 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,592,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8doglove View Post
I wish the media would put Sarah Palin and her family on IGNORE.

I think the whole campaign deal has turned Palin into a massive attention hound.
I'd never even heard of her before that.
I think she got so used to being in the public eye, getting a bunch of free stuff, etc, that now she's unwilling to let notoriety go and resume her quiet life in Alaska.

I mean, jeesh. Give it up, lady. You're old. You're a grandma. You've got a disabled child. You've got a job which should be taking up at least some of your time.
Get out of our faces. Quit lurking around clamoring for attention.
We said "no" to you back in November.
Make your move and live your life.

Old 06-13-2009, 02:27 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Quote:
You've got a job which should be taking up at least some of your time.
The people of the state of AK share that sentiment. But after all, Wasilla had to hire a city administrator to do her job when she was elected mayor, and now she's got Sean Parnell to govern the state while she campaigns for '12.

Old 06-13-2009, 02:33 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,426,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
They should have been back in Mooseville with their stay-at-home father, going to school instead of gallivanting all over Creation and being displayed like trophies in a game room.
Unless he quit recently, Todd Palin is employed by BP Exploration as an oil field operator and is self-employed as a commercial fisherman.

In his job with BP, he would work a week or two on the Northslope, then be off a week or two. The commercial fishing is seasonal.

Old 06-13-2009, 02:39 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Unless he quit recently, Todd Palin is employed by BP Exploration as an oil field operator and is self-employed as a commercial fisherman.

In his job with BP, he would work a week or two on the Northslope, then be off a week or two. The commercial fishing is seasonal.
The Bristol Bay salmon fishery made nothing last season and this season isn't looking too good.

Palin quit BP when the company went into negotiations with the governor over the natural gas pipeline...conflict of interest.

Supposedly he went back to work for them because the family needed the money but he hasn't been seen on the slope. He certainly wasn't doing rotation work during the campaign. The rumor is is that they have him on the payroll as a part time consultant, who knows.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 06-13-2009 at 02:48 PM..

Old 06-13-2009, 03:17 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,310,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
You mean like this

Post of the day!

Old 06-13-2009, 03:52 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Exploit their kids? What a bunch a spewage. Should the Palins hide their kids in a closet and pretend they have no children or do you think they might be abe to take them out once in awhile? THE STUPIDITY!
Yes, agreed. Ditto for the Obamas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
Post of the day!
There is only one picture of the kids on campaign. Are they supposed to hide their kids in a closet and never let anyone take a family picture?

Old 06-13-2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
There is only one picture of those kids on the campaign trail. Do you think no one should ever take their pictures? It is well kown that the Obama kids were in school most of the time during the campaign.

Really?????

Old 06-13-2009, 03:57 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
In the post I was responding to, there was only one picture of them on the campaign trail. In this latest round you wasted your time collating, the first picture seems to be of them going shopping. I think one of the others is from the DNC, and I can't place the other one.

There is another thread about politician's kids on the campaign trail, where it is stated that the Obama kids were at home in school for the majority of the campaign.

Old 06-13-2009, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
In the post I was responding to, there was only one picture of them on the campaign trail. In this latest round you wasted your time collating, the first picture seems to be of them going shopping. I think one of the others is from the DNC, and I can't place the other one.

There is another thread about politician's kids on the campaign trail, where it is stated that the Obama kids were at home in school for the majority of the campaign.

Yes there were shopping New Hampshire, do they have a home there? Don't think so.

Maybe there are all these pictures of them because they were taking vacations at various places across the country.

Before you go and criticize Palin and having her kids you might want to make sure your guy didn't do the same thing.

Just for the road here is one of them in Iowa, guess they were just there for the corn

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies