Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 05:28 PM

888 posts, read 1,592,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
This is the LAST STRAW. I would vote for anyone, up to and including a ham sandwhich before I ever vote for Obama in 2012.

Today, Obama signed the single most fascist piece of legislation since the Patriot Act. An anti-smoking bill which bans any flavor in tobacco, including my cloves!

Washington's Marlboro Men - WSJ.com

What the hell! I mean, is it bad for me? YES, I KNOW. Do I smoke in front of people who don't smoke? NO. So, as an adult, I am no longer allowed to do with my body what I want to do with my body. Thanks, Mein Furher, for running my life better then I can run it

I mean, America has an epidemic of obesity that is killing people left and right...so, why doesn't Obama ban the flavor chocolate? Why stop with kreteks?

The whole thing is absurd and really has got me angry. And no, I AM STILL NOT QUITTING! IF ANYTHING, THIS LAW MAKES ME WANNA SMOKE MORE OUT OF SPITE!

I will either A) buy them from the internet where I am sure I can get them on there somewhere from Canada or something, because the law does not effect imports or B), buy pipe tobacco and add spices and roll my own damn cloves.

And you know, people are saying how great it is to have a "pro-choice" president who respects a woman's right to a choose...but what about MY RIGHT TO CHOOSE how the hell I want to poison my body!?

KEEP YOUR LAWS OF OF MY BODY AND OUT OF MY LUNGS!

I am 27, black, and from the blue state of New Jersey, and there is no way in hell I would ever vote for this Fascist piece of human filth ever again.
Complaining already and the fun hasn't even really started yet.. just wait till they get the government to run your healthcare system, and the show begins. That's when they'll have a true motivation to pass some real big time nanny state laws, you're gonna be real pleasantly surprised at what they can come up with. Remember, not only smoking or drinking is dangerous.. driving a car, biking, eating, sports...

How much did you have to pay for your drivers license in NJ? I paid 1700 euros (somewhere around over $2000) for mine here in the Nordic Utopia. See, it's really dangerous to drive a car.. you might get injured and sent to the hospital if you don't take mandatory evening driving classes to know what a stop sign or a speed limit means.

Last edited by Vic_Vega; 06-22-2009 at 05:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 06:16 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,172,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Out of the 6 who is the racist? ENOUGH ENOUGH ENOUGH with the calling people a racist because they dont bow down to Obama.

Once again I can only speak of what I know and read. Once again try using google regret voting for Obama and see what comes up.

I dont believe I said Obama wont win again. I said that Obama is losing support and I proved hes lost some support. Now if you wish to be picky about how much then get a life
"the dnc used them because Obama is black"

lol! how typical.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:14 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,572,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

So many of us (sadly) I think have an attitude that blacks support Obama simply because he is black.

Yes, & remember those who said blacks only voted for him because he is black were THE REPUBLICANS.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:43 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,541,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
It's funny how the liberals are all up in arms about any kind of cigarettes but would support smoking all the dope you want.

Hey, hey hey....there were conservatives chiming in as well..

Old 06-22-2009, 09:15 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,057,092 times
Quote:
Because everyone assumes that all black people are Obama's lemmings, that's why.
Hopefully you will still be able to vote in 2012. You know what smoking can do to a person.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:24 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,733,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1878 View Post
In all fairness, there are plenty of other serious illegal and deceitful actions to be upset about...

Take this latest gem:

Obama: Not Keeping Promise of Transparency | Newsweek Politics | Newsweek.com

The Tobacco act and the Slavery apology are all smoke and mirrors to divert the attention of the nation.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:26 PM

14 posts, read 142,892 times
I don't think this issue would bother me as much if the cigs and alcohol were treated equally.....raise that 12 pack of beer up to $45, roughly equal to a carton of cigs....I never wonder if the driver of the car approaching me on a dark highway is smoking, I wonder if their drunk on cheap alcohol.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:31 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,642,454 times
Default Cigarettes vs. Fat

Quote:
This is the LAST STRAW. I would vote for anyone, up to and including a ham sandwhich before I ever vote for Obama in 2012.

Today, Obama signed the single most fascist piece of legislation since the Patriot Act. An anti-smoking bill which bans any flavor in tobacco, including my cloves!

What the hell! I mean, is it bad for me? YES, I KNOW. Do I smoke in front of people who don't smoke? NO. So, as an adult, I am no longer allowed to do with my body what I want to do with my body. Thanks, Mein Furher, for running my life better then I can run it

I mean, America has an epidemic of obesity that is killing people left and right...so, why doesn't Obama ban the flavor chocolate? Why stop with kreteks?

The whole thing is absurd and really has got me angry. And no, I AM STILL NOT QUITTING! IF ANYTHING, THIS LAW MAKES ME WANNA SMOKE MORE OUT OF SPITE!

I will either A) buy them from the internet where I am sure I can get them on there somewhere from Canada or something, because the law does not effect imports or B), buy pipe tobacco and add spices and roll my own damn cloves.

And you know, people are saying how great it is to have a "pro-choice" president who respects a woman's right to a choose...but what about MY RIGHT TO CHOOSE how the hell I want to poison my body!?

I am 27, black, and from the blue state of New Jersey, and there is no way in hell I would ever vote for this Fascist piece of human filth ever again.
Each 10 pounds of overweight is equal to smoking a pack of cigarettes per day.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:36 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,398,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Each 10 pounds of overweight is equal to smoking a pack of cigarettes per day.
If that is the case guess it is only a matter of time before congress passes laws stating that chicken can no longer be fried and must be served grilled, roasted or cooked in another FDA approved way and that restaurants can no longer advertise or sell "loaded" baked potatoes where "loaded" is defined as having cheddar cheese, sour cream and or chili on top of a baked potato.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:24 PM

142 posts, read 394,866 times
I bet you will be singing a different tune when you get lung cancer from your smoking habit.
Tobacco abuse/nicotine addiction is something that affects ALL of us! Who will be footing your hospital bills when you end up in Emergency room for emphysema exacerbation or on hospice for terminal Lung cancer? Tax Payers so as a tax payer I'm all for Obama's bill!

anything to make it harder for people to keep smoking is good in my book

Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies