Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If You Won A $100 Million Dollar Jack Pot Lottery, Would You Still Continue To Shop At Wal-Mart And
YES 104 75.91%
NO 33 24.09%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 08:26 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,845,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Naw...If I won $100 million in the lotto,I'd spend every dime of it buying up ground and then apply for every farm subsidy available(we have this discussion going in another thread) and NEXT year,I'd be a gozillionaire
I would buy a solid gold cadillac to drive around poor neighborhoods first. then I would live off the interest. when I died, I would have a 100 million dollar funeral. all money would be spent on me, so that the government wouldn't get a dime of it. I would buy the most expensive real estate possible. at the top of a mountain overlooking the ocean. then a solid gold statue of me would be erected, and I would be burried there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

11,078 posts, read 15,084,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post

The quality of the food is better too! I will NEVER go back to store brought meat, produce, bread after shopping at local places. You cannot BEAT meat from the butcher cut right there for you.
That is true...we are lucky....we have a supplier that raises his livestock ,butchers,pakages and drops it off at our place twice a week.....sometimes it is literally just hours out of the pasture(depending on the product that is).

1,121 posts, read 3,666,419 times
Sure. I don't shop them often now, but I would continue to buy what I consider their good deals as compared with other stores. Having money doesn't release us from our good stewardship of our income. The more we can save, the more we can share with others.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
I would buy a solid gold cadillac to drive around poor neighborhoods first. then I would live off the interest. when I died, I would have a 100 million dollar funeral. all money would be spent on me, so that the government wouldn't get a dime of it. I would buy the most expensive real estate possible. at the top of a mountain overlooking the ocean. then a solid gold statue of me would be erected, and I would be burried there.
WHY not just be buried in L.A.? I hear they give out $4 million dollar funerals.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:27 AM

769 posts, read 887,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Seriously though, with that amount of money I'd likely hire someone to work like 20 hours a week for me and run errands like this.

Come to think of it, I hate grocery shopping, so I would do this too, and then I could support the local business at zero added inconvienence to me, the American Dream right?

Old 07-15-2009, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
The posts on this thread are just all kinds of wrong.
And you are surprised?

Old 07-15-2009, 08:30 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,667,293 times
Yes, ideally you could hire someone (create a job) to shop at local groceries/butchers/bakers/pharmacies, etc. (contribute to local jobs and industry) and that would support your community a HELL of a lot more than shopping at Walmart.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:30 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,845,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
WHY not just be buried in L.A.? I hear they give out $4 million dollar funerals.
not self serving enough, plus I hate celebrities.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:34 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
I still would because I do not want to become one of those stuck up limousine liberal millionaire snobs who look down on people who shop at Wal-Mart and Target.
I don't know any one that remotely fits that description.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
not self serving enough, plus I hate celebrities.
Uhhhh dude...have you not read your own sig line or posts? Not self serving huh???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies