Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 08:44 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Student loans and "early years" costs and privation are a fact of professional life. It took the Obamas years to pay back their student loans. Why do doctors feel they have to make it up in their first six months -- and by gouging it out of their patients? They invest, too, their incomes arent all salary.
You know damn well Obama choose his lifestyle. In fact he made it well known he decided to take a path of semi poverty to become a community organizer. You think a doctor pays their loans off in 6 months? Seriously? Quit playing games...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
You betcha. People for the most part have no idea as to how much health costs are because their health insurance pays for most of it.
LOL, and every single one of them receives a cost breakdown of what their benefits paid for. Are you new to this?

Old 07-26-2009, 08:46 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,972,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Amazingly enough the people so vehemently against doctors and their career choices seem to be the same ones that have pent up anger about what they decided to do with their lives. A raise of hands of how many people with PhD's should be in order...
I have zero problems with anyone's salary if the marketplace demands it. The only beef I have is their guild that restricts the amount of new doctors admitted to universities, keeping salaries artificially higher and distorts the marketplace. A capitalist system with much more lax admission standards or not requiring accreditation would greatly reduce salaries. In a true marketplace environment, a doctor would make half of their distorted salary. As a member of the Ph.D. "club" do not retain the benefit of a guild to restrict new membership.

Old 07-26-2009, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchcock View Post
And then the Insurance company denies another patient surgery to recoup its losses.
No one here, that I see, is arguing against reform. What some of us are against is a government monopoly that destroys choice and despite what the fuhrer has said that's their plan. Monopolies are bad in almost all cases.

Old 07-26-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
I have zero problems with anyone's salary if the marketplace demands it. The only beef I have is their guild that restricts the amount of new doctors admitted to universities, keeping salaries artificially higher and distorts the marketplace. A capitalist system with much more lax admission standards or not requiring accreditation would greatly reduce salaries.
Exactly and insurance companies that can have monopolies because they can't cross state lines. That's at least my stance on the issue.

Old 07-26-2009, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Where did everyone go? Where are all of the bashers? When you start talking about why procedures cost so much they take off. Why, because the fees Hospitals are charging are indefensible.
Some of us have jobs and lives outside of city data. I know that's just crazy talk.

Old 07-26-2009, 08:50 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,972,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Exactly and insurance companies that can have monopolies because they can't cross state lines. That's at least my stance on the issue.
110% agreed.

Old 07-26-2009, 08:53 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,553,113 times
If I were a U.S. insurance company, I'd send everyone to these overseas clinics if it were cheaper! That threat alone ought to force U.S. providers to lower their prices (factoring in malpractice costs, etc., of course)!

Old 07-26-2009, 09:10 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
I would recommend Canada. A friend on vacation had to have to prescriptions wriotte3n and he was charge $200.00 with no exam for the prescriptions being writen from his refill bottles.Then the cost of teh medicine.this was because he was delayed gwetting back to Houston because of a hurricane.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:01 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottasay View Post
If I were a U.S. insurance company, I'd send everyone to these overseas clinics if it were cheaper! That threat alone ought to force U.S. providers to lower their prices (factoring in malpractice costs, etc., of course)!

Cost to medical providers for medical malpractice.

2008 Exclusive Survey—Malpractice premiums: Dropping, but still high - Rising competition among Med-Mal carriers is good news for physicians. - Medical Economics | Practice Management
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies