Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 09:26 PM

1,133 posts, read 712,542 times

Advertisements

Damn Delusianne, is there hope for the world! Kudos, we have agreement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 11:02 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,904,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
So, explain his humiliating defeat...
There weren't enough uninformed, unthinking and emotional 18-20 year olds voting for him.

If the GOP ever expects to win in 2012, they'ld best be trying to figure out how they could successfully B.S. the youngsters in this country into voting for their candidate, otherwise, they'll be off the mark again.

The GOP needs folks who aren't capable of thinking for themselves to vote for their pick in 2012.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:07 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Not until he took a stand against incompetent VP candidates he wasn't.

Yeah, Biden is pretty lame.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:16 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Quote:
We need better education in America. There were just not enough smart people.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:20 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
There weren't enough uninformed, unthinking and emotional 18-20 year olds voting for him.

If the GOP ever expects to win in 2012, they'ld best be trying to figure out how they could successfully B.S. the youngsters in this country into voting for their candidate, otherwise, they'll be off the mark again.

The GOP needs folks who aren't capable of thinking for themselves to vote for their pick in 2012.
The problem was we had too many like that and they voted for Obama. I bet the war would almost be over if McCain had been elected. Y'all voted for the wrong person and it is just about to destroy our nation if someone does not wake up soon. The general public is awake now, so when will congress follow. Guess we will just have to vote them out.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:31 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Six points provided by young and first time voters who have since learned to not believe everything they hear. Odumbo's race was not a negative factor and in reality probably helped him, but McCain's age was a big turn off to swing voters.

It's no secret that when you ask a Republican who the next shining stars will be in the party, we don't have much to talk about. We don't have a Ronald Reagan right now and everyone else in the party has baggage. I've always liked Kay Bailey-Hutchison (running for Gov of TX) and Bay Buchanan, and I have recently taken a shine to Michele Bachmann. But I expect Sarah palin to be a player in the next round too. Nobody draws conservative crowds like her, and the trend today is conservative.

The fire is definitely with the women right now. Huckabee could end up a VP nominee on a Palin ticket, but Romney will never get past his religion and is simply a popular, unelectable side show. Love to see Newt come back.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:32 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post

Why? It sure didn't help you win the last election.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
The problem was we had too many like that and they voted for Obama. I bet the war would almost be over if McCain had been elected. Y'all voted for the wrong person and it is just about to destroy our nation if someone does not wake up soon. The general public is awake now, so when will congress follow. Guess we will just have to vote them out.
That's what I mean ... everyone these days places too much on just winning .. by any means ... go out ... collect stupid people ... have them vote for you ... simple stuff really.

I provide a very simple solution to the GOP ... B.S. stupid people into voting for them, like the Dems did on this last go 'round.

I'm on your side. An informed and educated public would go a long way to correct or otherwise fix many of the things that are wrong with this country ..

These are interesting times indeed. I didn't vote for either of the losers, McCain or Obama ... I've got neighbors who were pissed that I didn't vote for Obama at the time, who are now pissed that they did, and a wife who couldn't figure out why I didn't vote for McCain ... until after all of this Palin business, she finally figured it out.

We need a change ... the Dems and the Repubs are not the answer to any of what's going on in the here and now ... they just make things worse, month after month, year after year.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Why? It sure didn't help you win the last election.
um ... I'm not a Republican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies