Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 12:02 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times

Advertisements

You know, the biggest problem the Democrats have is Pelosi and Reid as the "faces" of the Party/majority Democrat Congress. They're both absolutely loathsome and cause more harm than good. Throw the bums out I say! But just those bums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 12:05 PM

1,263 posts, read 2,332,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXIronHorse View Post
Since the inauguration...

Taking a stand against Judge Sodomayor & judicial activism
Taking a stand against nationalized health care
Taking a stand against Congressional luxury jet purchases & wasteful spending
Taking a stand against government land seizures
Taking a stand against generational theft (i.e. democrat stimulus package)

McCain unfortunately wasn't the clear conservative choice, but he certainly was the clear BEST choice!
Yes, I totally agree. And I'm a registered Democrat who voted against Bush twice. I voted against Bush for the same reason I voted against Obama and supported McCain. What we need is a centrist president who takes positions based on the merits of each issue and not based on ideology, whether it's the left or the right. Bush and Obama are both in ideological straitjackets. They are two sides of the same coin. The Obama years will be plagued with the same polarization and left vs. right invective that plagued the Bush years.

McCain was the best presidential candidate to come along in decades. It's too bad that the disgust with Bush pushed the electorate to go to the other extreme.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:13 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,632,808 times
Quote:

Are you saying Sotomayor is a judicial activist? If so, please site ONE case. Just ONE. Thanks

Old 08-10-2009, 12:45 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,887,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
So, explain his humiliating defeat...
Ignorant Democrats who swallowed Obama's lies, and a few still believe him, however most are wising up....

Old 08-10-2009, 12:48 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:

Taking a stand against nationalized health care
Taking a stand against Congressional luxury jet purchases & wasteful spending
Taking a stand against government land seizures
Taking a stand against generational theft (i.e. democrat stimulus package)

McCain unfortunately wasn't the clear conservative choice, but he certainly was the clear BEST choice!
And people voted for his opponent.
Just because you're not getting what you want doesn't mean much.
You've just recently been following politics, I see.
Would that be from election day last November?

So you're not against Bush's stimulus package?
Land seizures that occurred before Obama?

Another sour grapes thread.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:52 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,595,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
The GOP had no one to run and they sat this one out, so that the Dems could clean up the mess the Rs had left behind. They'll sit on the sidelines and criticize and throw bricks, but not offer anything constructive, anything that might help the country. Then when crises are over and things are looking up they'll sail in in 2012 -- "look how much you suffered under Obama!" They still wont have anything constructive to offer, but that's not their goal.

And you all will fall for it, and they know you will because they know what works with you.
People will vote against the Dems next year and in 2012. It is just the cycle. Then the GOP will be in power and screw us too...no matter what..we're screwed..Dems or GOP..doesnt matter they are all polls.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:53 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
I think he would have make an OK President too. But I don't think one damn thing would be different except he wouldn't be trying to change anything at all.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:58 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,595,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I think he would have make an OK President too. But I don't think one damn thing would be different except he wouldn't be trying to change anything at all.
At least we would not be in record deficits that we will never be able to pay off without devaluing the dollar...

Old 08-10-2009, 01:37 PM

5 posts, read 4,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post

Whether you agree with them or not, the swift boat ads included soldiers that were IN THE SAME BOAT AS KERRY AND SAY HE LIED ABOUT MANY OF HIS ACTIONS. You either agree with those men, or a senator that's trying to win a job.
Sorry, but (in this case, anyway) CAPS do not = the truth.

The Swift Boat Veterans for "truth" ads had precisely one guy who was in the same boat as Kerry -- one -- his name was Steven Gardner.

He was not present for any of the incidents in which Kerry received an award -- none.

He didn't like Kerry, true.

The other 11 or so guys who were on Kerry's boats said Kerry lied about nothing.

Doug Reese

Old 08-10-2009, 01:40 PM

989 posts, read 2,499,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Disagree.

1) John McCain is a poor leader.

It was his campaign. His choice. His guidance. And he chose wrong at every single turn. For crying out loud, he literally copied the campaign strategy of the woman who had just lost to Barack Obama in the primaries! Could he not see how that worked out for her?!

He would have made a lousy president. Right. A moderate judge who was appointed to her most recent post by a Republican. A woman with zero history of any kind of judicial activism in 17 years on the bench. A woman who was shamefully taken out of context and used as a battering ram for political ends. He chose her as his first 'No' vote on a Supreme Court nominee in the history of his career. That's not taking a stand, that's continuing to be a puppet of his party. Politics First should've been his campaign motto. Foolish, considering a majority of Americans want it. Politics First. Well he'd better talk to his fellow Republicans, then! Probably one of the only things I agree with him on. How that sets him apart from the current administration is a mystery to me. But perhaps you ought to take it up with the Right-leaning Supremes who gave us that cr*p*** Kelo ruling, hmm? Please. He didn't give a rat's patootie about "generational theft" when it came to supporting the abomination his party created in Iraq. Now he's going to worry about my grandchildren? Pffff. Yeah, BEST at choosing a ridiculous Vice Presidential candidate. BEST at calling for a spending freeze as his one solution to the economy in free fall. BEST at mock "suspending" his campaign in the face of a crisis. BEST at choosing inept and incompetent staff who couldn't advise him away from a losing campaign strategy.
Why do dems find the free market system so abhorrent, when the free market system (ie government getting out of the way) made the US by far the strongest economy on earth?

I am simply making the point that McCain is proving to had been a far better choice based on principles, voting record, and experience.

We need free market solutions, fiscally conservative solutions. Not the solution of "spending your way out of bankruptcy".

Last edited by ATXIronHorse; 08-10-2009 at 01:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies