Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 01:05 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,570,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just-Sayin View Post
You have NO idea what you are talking about.

Why, anyone who disagrees with you has no idea what their talking about?
50 times of being called a cracker and every single one was black?

Look at yourself and ask why, there has to be a reason since your so bothered by it, figure out why.

As of yet, I've never been called a cracker, If someone did I'd probably
be LMAO. Really get a grip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 01:12 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,364,927 times
In every place I've lived the word cracker is a racially derogatory term and I'm surprised that C-D doesn't censor it as they do others. On second thought; no I'm not surprised.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:24 PM

For Florida, where the OP resides.
I've seen advertised Florida cracker houses. To someone unfamiliar
as myself in fact, I could take that a couple of ways.
I have no idea what a florida cracker house is.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:31 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,364,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I've heard of a "cracker box" house but that simply means it is only as big as a saltine cracker box.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:50 PM

1,310 posts, read 3,054,132 times
Quote:
I was called a "cracker" today for about the fiftieth time since I moved to South Florida 20 years ago.

Is that just another word for "honky"? Am I supposed to be upset and want to fight when I hear it directed at me.

I guess I'm just not up on the whole street slang thing.
Im not sure, but, next time they call you that... put a chunk of Cheese on your head and say : ' Cheese and Cracker go good together !' It might diffuse the situation and get a laugh out of them ; then theyll be showing up at your doorstep with red wine.

Old 08-12-2009, 02:22 PM

751 posts, read 2,481,904 times
Quote:
I was called a "cracker" today for about the fiftieth time since I moved to South Florida 20 years ago.

Is that just another word for "honky"? Am I supposed to be upset and want to fight when I hear it directed at me.

I guess I'm just not up on the whole street slang thing.
Why did you post this if you already knew the answer? It seems to me that you are just trying to start something.

Quote:
In every instance where I heard the word used it was for the sole purpose of trying to escalate the hostility.
Every time someone tells you that you must be doing something to ellicit this type of response, you get bent out of shape. Your reaction tells me it must be true. And at first I was meaning that maybe you were inadvertenly doing something, you know, maybe it didn't seem like anyone should care you were doing it. But after your follow up posts, I believe you must be doing something on purpose.

And when I said only white people can be racist I was being sarcastic. And yes the picture was in my imagination, I think everyone understood that it was.

Old 08-12-2009, 02:30 PM

466 posts, read 929,520 times
QUOTE 1PHWALLS........... "Why did you post this if you already knew the answer? It seems to me that you are just trying to start something. "

YES ! I WAS !

A conversation. And it worked !

And........ my reaction "leads you to beleive" that it "must" be true.
actually my reaction is based upon the idea that you are assuming I did something wrong and it COULDN'T be that the people that are calling me and other white people this name are just as stupid as a white person using the "N" word.

I don't know if you are black , white or anything else but you have prejudged me. You have NO idea what the circumstances to my experiences with this situation are nor do you know anything else about me or my proffesion.

back off !

Last edited by Just-Sayin; 08-12-2009 at 02:38 PM..

Old 08-12-2009, 02:31 PM

Exactly what I asked the OP at the thread opening,
He had made his decision and wanted to start some
racial Bull****.

Thats all there is to it, doesn't take a rocket scientist
to figure it out.

Old 08-12-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Yes, they were all black.

What's racial Bull****?

Yes, it is a big deal if it was meant as a derogatory term. If I use the "N" word in an argument that escalates I get to go to jail for a "hate crime".

So I get to choose the derogatory terms I don't want to be called.
It works both ways............... "Don't it?"

(Oh, and I used the word "Fiftieth". that means 50, not 5)

Yep, you said it.

Old 08-12-2009, 02:43 PM

3,750 posts, read 12,410,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Its the type of building attributed to the Florida Crackers when they 1st settled in Florida and has a definate style. Low slung eave line to keep out the sun, high peaked roof usually with a wrap around or front porch. What is a Florida Cracker?.....go to my post (#37) for a definition

Last edited by Va-Cat; 08-12-2009 at 02:46 PM.. Reason: changed wording
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies