Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Obama's Green Czar, Van Jones, Be Fired?
Yes - he should be fired 72 79.12%
No - he should not be fired 19 20.88%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 06:35 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh my; Van is also a supporter of cop-killers;

Timing Of Protest Is Suspect / Mumia supporters disrupt youth event
is there no insipid leftwing cause that this moonbat didn't support?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 07:23 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,393,265 times
Even those who consume mass quantities of the Kool-Aid will have to admit that Van Jones has no business near the White House.
And Valerie Jarrett aka "the other half of Obama's brain" has some serious issues with character judgment.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:39 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,307,014 times

YouTube - Van Jones" Only "Suburban White Kids" Shoot up Schools

Old 09-04-2009, 07:47 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Wow, there is a bridge for racial unity if ever I saw/heard one

And I for one would like to know where anyone is having a discussion regarding young blacks and latinos asking the question "are they animals" - wtf is this loon talking about?!

Old 09-04-2009, 07:59 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I just looked up the Veterans booklet -

Jim Towey: The Death Book for Veterans - WSJ.com

that's horrible.
If President Obama is sincere in stating that he is not trying to cut costs by pressuring the disabled to forgo critical care, one good way to show that commitment is to walk two blocks from the Oval Office and pull the plug on "Your Life, Your Choices." He should make sure in the future that VA decisions are guided by values that treat the lives of our veterans as gifts, not burdens.
I agree.
That is a good write up on the booklet. I think it summarizes what I've heard some people in the mental health field have said, and why they object to the content. Elderly veterans, and the young who have returned injured - some severely, often have problems with depression, which makes it difficult for them to see clearly, and think rationally. A psychiatrist I heard speak on this said the suggestions in the book make it easy to lead a person to a desired conclusion. He said it is not something any responsible, trained mental health professional would say to a patient.

I agree with you. It's horrible.

Old 09-04-2009, 08:00 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
The question; what did obama know and when did he know it about Van Jones.

But we all know the answer to that - I'm sure the FBI has all the pertinent information about him, but when they kicked it up to Rahm and Valerie and obama, they dismissed all the radicalism.

They actually think an admitted communist, a racist, a black nationalist, a support of cop-killers and a 9/11 Truther belongs in the White House.

That says volumes of just how much they respect the office.

Old 09-04-2009, 08:07 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
AP is currently running this story...White House tight-lipped about Obama adviser - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090904/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_obama_adviser - broken link)

And now Mike Pence is calling for Van Jones to step down. Glenn Thrush in the Politico reports: " But the Obama team isn't exactly jumping to back Jones today in wake of revelations that in the past he signed on to one of the "truther" groups that claimed 9/11 was an inside job. Oh, and he called Republicans a**holes in a video earlier this year before he was appointed." Pence calls on Van Jones to resign - Glenn Thrush - POLITICO.com

IMHO Van Jones is out this Labor Day weekend when no one is paying much attention...sneak him out the back door.

Old 09-04-2009, 08:15 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,307,014 times

YouTube - Van Jones: Bush used the Flag to "Lynch" War Dissenters

Old 09-04-2009, 08:18 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,767,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
AP is currently running this story...White House tight-lipped about Obama adviser - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090904/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_obama_adviser - broken link)

And now Mike Pence is calling for Van Jones to step down. Glenn Thrush in the Politico reports: " But the Obama team isn't exactly jumping to back Jones today in wake of revelations that in the past he signed on to one of the "truther" groups that claimed 9/11 was an inside job. Oh, and he called Republicans a**holes in a video earlier this year before he was appointed." Pence calls on Van Jones to resign - Glenn Thrush - POLITICO.com

IMHO Van Jones is out this Labor Day weekend when no one is paying much attention...sneak him out the back door.
I hope there's a bus idling at that back door!

Old 09-04-2009, 08:18 PM

200 posts, read 131,443 times
Default What a disgusting racist.

"Van Jones: Only 'Suburban White Kids' Shoot Up Schools" - Patriot Update (http://patriotupdate.com/stories/read/1025/Van-Jones-Only-Suburban-White-Kids-Shoot-Up-Schools - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies