Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 10:40 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Everybody knows that it isn't "off the record" if you are in a room with 20 journalist 2 min. for the start of the press conference...Journalist do what they have to do and all mikes were ready for the start...also the journalists already started a few questions and nobody, incl Obama stated that his answer was "off the record"! Specially a president should know that he is watched better than anybody else.

If a journalist would have been on the phone with Obama and clearly would have been stated that he was giving remarks "off the record", that would be a different story, but not with 20 journalist in a room.

I heard the complete tape and Obama started really presidential stating that Kaney behavior was very improper and it wasn't done what he did to a 17 yr old girl, taking away her moment! Obama should have stopped there and than....although I agree that Kanye is a Jacka$$, it wasn't presidential, but it wasn't a crime either!

Too bad that Dem. can't say the same about Joe Wilson who clearly did something disrespectful and appologized to Obama and Pelosi. There was no reason to appologize to the House!

Harry reid never appologized for calling Bush a lyer and the rest of the things he called Bush!

I'm very happy that Joe Wilson collected so much money for his campaign and he was right, the loophole was taken out days later, so Joe Wilson contributed with his remark to close the loophole!
You heard the whole tape, did ya? I heard a sniglet of it.....where did you hear the WHOLE tape? From beginning to end? And yes bentlebee, when an interview doesn't officially begin, everything said is "off the record", everyone & their mother knows that, especially a journalist. I know, you'll do whatever you can to spin this but the fact remains, what the journalist did was unethical & really should be reprimended for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 03:54 PM

323 posts, read 503,075 times
http://www.eriknikolai.com/madoff1.jpg (broken link)

Old 09-16-2009, 03:57 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,676,948 times
yes! kanye has become a meme AGAIN!

i like the one where he keeps interrupting himself.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:00 PM

752 posts, read 1,462,816 times
So now the president isnt aloud to be human right? you want some robot in office.... Hell clinton can get happy endings in the oval office but Obama cant call kanye a jackass?
Kanye is a jackass.
He has no class at all.
They should have smacked him with Michael Jacksons glove.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:02 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
You heard the whole tape, did ya? I heard a sniglet of it.....where did you hear the WHOLE tape? From beginning to end? And yes bentlebee, when an interview doesn't officially begin, everything said is "off the record", everyone & their mother knows that, especially a journalist. I know, you'll do whatever you can to spin this but the fact remains, what the journalist did was unethical & really should be reprimended for it.
yeah especialy NEWTS mother. oh yeah that was different.that was connie

Old 09-16-2009, 04:03 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
President Barack Obama called hip-hop musician Kanye West a "jackass" on Monday in an off-the-record comment during an interview with CNBC, an ABC News anchor reported on Twitter.

"Pres. Obama just called Kanye West a 'jackass' for his outburst at VMAs when Taylor Swift won. Now THAT'S presidential," "Nightline" co-anchor Terry Moran wrote Monday evening to his more than 1 million followers.

The tweet forced the network to issue an apology after the Internet quickly became abuzz over the stunning remark published on the microblogging site

Obama Calls Kanye West a 'Jackass' - Political News - FOXNews.com

Why does a network has to appologize for the words of the president...are they so special you can't forward them on a tweet....

IMO the words are correct to be used for Kanye...but indeed not presidential!

But this president has proven not to be "presidential" at all and btw he thinks he is still campaigning ......

Yes, what the guy did was very unprofessional and ironically, the 19 year old behaved like an adult in the situation.

That being said, the guy was drunk and has some mental health issues. He apologized and I think that people should move on and hope he seeks some help. We have all screwed up at one time or another and it is not proper to crucify a guy for this.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:31 PM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Yes We Kanye?

Old 09-16-2009, 04:35 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Oh no we can kanye!

Old 09-16-2009, 04:37 PM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Obama's got to be consistent. Where was the "He's a jackass" comments for Reverend Wright. Van Jones. Henry Louis Gates. And now Jimmy Carter.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:28 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,675,732 times
I completely agree with the President on this issue. It was great to hear Obama in a candid moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies