Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2009, 09:50 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumanchu41 View Post
"My neighbors are Polish". Just listen to yourself. LOL .
You asked if I had talked to a Polish person lately, and I answered.

Not to worry, I won't respond to any more of your childish rants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 09:53 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times
To the tin foil hat wearing phony Republicans who support installing as many bases and systems as possible on others' soil, here's a nice little quote for you from a Japanese WW2 general:

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."

- Isoroku Yamamoto

Old 09-18-2009, 09:57 AM

20,454 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Ironically, our country starts looking MORE like the Soviet Union if we install missile defense systems in other sovereign countries. It's also clearly against the wishes of our founding fathers, but neo-con RINOs don't pay attention to this and use 9/11 as an excuse of trashing what folks like Jefferson said about the perils of entangling alliances.
What a non-sensical argument. In so few words you’ve said so many wildly wrong things it is mind boggling.

First of all those sovereign countries WANT us to put MDS systems in their countries so we do NOT look like the Soviets. We look like good allies to great nations who have been sorely put upon by the Russians.

Second RINOs means Republican In Name Only. No self respecting RINO wants SDI or an MDS anywhere. They AGREE WITH DEMOCRATS on the issue.

Third, JEFFERSON? Are you nuts? It was Jefferson that was the first American President to INVADE another nation! LOL! Remember the Barbary Pirates? From the halls of "Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli".

Further Jefferson advocated INVADING CANADA and making them part of the USA. He also thought we ought to take Cuba from the Spanish by INVASION.

MONROE (another founding father) fathered the Monroe Doctrine that moved us into defensive positions in EVERY American (north and south) Nation to block European nations from setting up shop in our hemisphere.

Not all of the Founding fathers agreed with Washington on what an "entangling alliance" was.

I cannot fathom a mindset that will cave to the Russians.

Further, the MDS system was thought of long before 9/11 and is a prudent approach on a global level and has nothing at all to do with 9/11.

Saying such fails to understand the complexity of the world we live in.

Good grief.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:57 AM

161 posts, read 499,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You asked if I had talked to a Polish person lately, and I answered.

Not to worry, I won't respond to any more of your childish rants.
Yes, you are highly intellectual and anyone that opposes your views are all idiots and childish. So little you are.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:59 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,439,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Obama scrapping missile shield for Czech, Poland - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090917/ap_on_re_eu/eu_eastern_europe_missile_defense - broken link)

And what exactly are we getting in return from Russia?

Russia has already made it clear, no new sanctions against Iran. So, we abandon our allies, once again, for the sole purpose of showing the bad guys how nice we are?

Super!

A hundred billion dollar boondoggle canceled!

Old 09-18-2009, 10:00 AM

20,454 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
To the tin foil hat wearing phony Republicans who support installing as many bases and systems as possible on others' soil, here's a nice little quote for you from a Japanese WW2 general:

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."

- Isoroku Yamamoto
Good lord. Dont you get that MDS is about stopping long range weapons, NOT stopping an invading army?

Old 09-18-2009, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Second RINOs means Republican In Name Only. No self respecting RINO wants SDI or an MDS anywhere. They AGREE WITH DEMOCRATS on the issue.
RINOs are warmongering folks like Newt and Bush. 'Nuff said. True republicans prefer peace and oppose the military-industrial complex. You are attempting to redefine Republicanism. Fail.

Quote:
Third, JEFFERSON? Are you nuts? It was Jefferson that was the first American President to INVADE another nation! LOL! Remember the Barbary Pirates? From the halls of "Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli".
Invasion of a foreign country based on their crimes on the high seas is one thing. He never supported alliances, especially entangling ones. Also, when has Russia shanghaied sailors or plucked Americans visiting there and stuffed them in gulags?

Quote:
Further Jefferson advocated INVADING CANADA and making them part of the USA. He also thought we ought to take Cuba from the Spanish by INVASION.

Would appreciate a non-partisan cite relating to this being factual.

Quote:
MONROE (another founding father) fathered the Monroe Doctrine that moved us into defensive positions in EVERY American (north and south) Nation to block European nations from setting up shop in our hemisphere.
Sounds good. When did we install foreign bases during that time? Monroe held the minority position regarding expansionism and I'm confident even he'd balk at our 100+ bases in foreign countries and entanglement in the ME.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:05 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumanchu41 View Post
Yes, you are highly intellectual and anyone that opposes your views are all idiots and childish. So little you are.
It's the name calling and rants, not your views. Seriously.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:08 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
RINOs are warmongering folks like Newt and Bush. 'Nuff said. True republicans prefer peace and oppose the military-industrial complex. You are attempting to redefine Republicanism. Fail.

Using your definition, why are there seemingly no true Republicans in today's GOP? At least when it comes to nominees for POTUS.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Using your definition, why are there seemingly no true Republicans in today's GOP? At least when it comes to nominees for POTUS.
There was. We all know who he was. But people were too concerned about an old newsletter and tenuous ties to him to care. Oh well, I guess we never really needed freedom anyway. There are two senate and one congressional race whose candidates I'm endorsing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies