Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2009, 06:13 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,329,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Really? The only stupididty I see is the Left wingnuts. Nothing compares. Pelosi, Reid? Yipes. They are way out there. Loonytunes.

If you want to find a real traitor, look of left wing mobsters leader Jack Murtha.

Now that is one lying lefty who should have his butt in the slammer.

Find me one left winger in congress who would not sell out America for their own gain.

Rush and Beck are having their cake and eat it to. The more the left whines the bigger there shows get and of course the more money they make.

They must not doing to bad for the NO. 1 radio show in America and the NO. 1 shows on TV for Rush and Beck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 06:14 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,938,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
The only whining is coming from the left.
So much for USNRET04's post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
How embarrassing. He invested a lot to sway the board.
Quote:
Except for when they raise taxes to pay for it.

What an embarrassment - out in the first round.

Maybe they didn't take kindly to the arm-twisting style of Chicago politics.

Old 10-02-2009, 06:16 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,267,080 times
I can't believe people are counting this as a failure on Obama's record. The IOC is finnicky board that works on a lot of kissing behind and favors. Your naive or just desperate to Obama bash if you don't believe Brazil had this in the bag some time ago. Obama could have made the waters part, and it would not have changed the decision. That being said I don't see anything wrong at the least with him being there.

Last edited by NooYowkur81; 10-02-2009 at 06:25 PM..

Old 10-02-2009, 06:17 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,563,530 times
Quote:
The spent an inordinate amount of time on this issue. In light of everything that is going on in this country and abroad, way too much time on such a trivial matter, in the scheme of things.

But at least he got to spend 25 minutes with his Afghanistan commander (the 2nd such meeting) - probably telling him to keep his mouth shut.
Its called multitasking.

I know this is a strange concept for some of you who were used to the Bush administration's slow as molasses approach to tackling (poorly) one issue at a time.

10,503 posts, read 15,584,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
So much for USNRET04's post:
Hey there, this is totally off-topic (I apologize to everyone), however I'm unable to send you a DM & it keeps saying you're on my friend list but you don't show up. Do you know what's going on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
LOL...I go on a little self-imposed 'vacation' from here, due to my astronomical stress level, and come back and see---nothing has changed

Okay...now that that's off my chest, time to get to business...I realize of course that the Pres took a HUGE gamble by pushing for Chicago to get the Olympics...for that alone, I'm kinda proud of him...and for those in the cheap seats, that does NOT make me a leftie, an Obamabot, a sheep, a Messiah-worshipper, or any of those other 25-cent snarky labels you like to throw about when someone stands behind the Pres...

But I could give two well-loaded spits in the wind about people who turn over rocks and point fingers and call names, EVERY SINGLE D**N TIME the man does something...I mean, I thought I left that kind of infantile BS behind when I left elementary school, but apparently, some others never progressed beyond 6th grade playground antics...

I'm really sorry if Mr Obama is messing up your monochromatic, plain-vanilla, 'Pleasantville'-version of America, and broke up the 'old-boys club' of the Presidency, but this constant carping and whining every 37.5 seconds is getting old and tiresome and 'expletive deleted' annoying

I mean, it's like those who dislike the President are getting their news and information from their favorite radio station--- WLAB (aka Whine Like A B***h)...they can't put their minds together to come up with alternate solutions to the problems they're ALWAYS complaining about...instead, they stand around screaming and yelling and red-faced, hiding behind blowhard talk-show pundits, making up silly, immature signs full of misspellings and disinformation, and disguise adolescent behavior as 'righteous indignation' and 'we're taking our country back, by golly!'

Well, news flash---it's MY country too...and I don't recall deputizing anyone to 'take it back' on my behalf...in fact, I wish you'd all just go somewhere and, in the words of the late Richard Pryor, 'have a Coke and a smile and shut the **** up!', because your act is not unlike a blabbermouthed relative----loud and annoying and very much a nuisance
Best post of thread award!

Old 10-02-2009, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Hey there, this is totally off-topic (I apologize to everyone), however I'm unable to send you a DM & it keeps saying you're on my friend list but you don't show up. Do you know what's going on?
I don't know what happened, but I think I fixed the problem. (Sorry guys.)

Old 10-02-2009, 06:29 PM

1,295 posts, read 2,512,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPoleMarathoner View Post
So. Lots of people meet with lots of presidents. Nothing sinister about it.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that President Obama has had a private meeting with people.

And Rove wasn't working in the WH in 2006.
You're dead wrong. Karl Rove served as Deputy Chief of Staff and Senior Advisor to George W. Bush until his resignation on August 31, 2007.

Old 10-02-2009, 06:29 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,480,198 times
Regarding showing good judgement, if I was the President, unless my research would have determined the city I was representing would have at LEAST gotten an average number of votes, I wouldn't have bothered going. If I was president during times like this I certainly wouldn't have brought Oprah UNLESS SHE WAS PAYING THE WAY----(in fact if Obama has so much pull with Oprah, maybe the way he can save face, would be to get Oprah to pay for the WHOLE
SHEBANG since it was such a dismal failure--including the extra trip that Michelle took a day earlier).

Talk about excess and waste when leaders should be setting an example and operating on a tight budget when the country is in the financial toilet right now!

If he wanted to be a good role model he should have Fed Exed a video tape PERIOD! He should be showing he is trying to PRESERVE taxpayers dollars NOT WASTE THEM.

Old 10-02-2009, 06:34 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,584,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Regarding showing good judgement, if I was the President, unless my research would have determined the city I was representing would have at LEAST gotten an average number of votes, I wouldn't have bothered going. If I was president during times like this I certainly wouldn't have brought Oprah UNLESS SHE WAS PAYING THE WAY----(in fact if Obama has so much pull with Oprah, maybe the way he can save face, would be to get Oprah to pay for the WHOLE
SHEBANG since it was such a dismal failure--including the extra trip that Michelle took a day earlier).

Talk about excess and waste when leaders should be setting an example and operating on a tight budget when the country is in the financial toilet right now!

If he wanted to be a good role model he should have Fed Exed a video tape PERIOD! He should be showing he is trying to PRESERVE taxpayers dollars NOT WASTE THEM.
Did Oprah pay her own way or not? Can you provide anything? Thanks. And if you were president....well, then maybe you should take up a career in law/politics & strive for that position. Lots of people like to say "well, I would do this & that...I'd be so much better"...why don't they put their money where their mouth is then? Does no good to sit there smugly & say you'd do a better job...get out & do it then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies