Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2009, 03:38 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrah2008 View Post
Oh really and where you get that news from the gossip magazines? Lol, give me a break and even if it were true, WHAT BUSINESS IS IT OF YOURS? What skeletons do you have in your closet if your life was put up on a screen for the world to see? For you all to hate the Obama's so much you sure give them POWER because they constantly stay on your lips and in your hearts and minds. And why do you all hate Blacks so much? Blacks should be the one hating. Building, inventing, raising Whites families, cooking for whites and keeping their homes up not getting credit or anything for it. Women were raped, used and abuse. From that should be hatred, but some Whites still has the audacity to hate Blacks. It's simply because you couldn't keep Blacks down. Through all of the adversity, Blacks became educated doing any and eveything any other race has done (coming out of slavery to do so, I may add). So do you hate Blacks or is it that you're just jealous that many Blacks has passed you up even with all of their adversities? Get a life.

Just clarifying that your response is not to me, but someone I responded to (nononsenseguy).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2009, 03:55 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Glory glory Halleluia!! Just when you thought they could not be anymore saintly, we find out the little Mrs' roots lead to the slaves and here she is in the White House !NYT: First lady’s slave roots revealed - The New York Times- msnbc.com So what? What is the significance of it?
Have you seen her other family members that she rather ignores to be related to...they live in Atlanta in the hood...

Btw is this news...aren't most black people decendents of slaves just as me as a Jew I probably are related to the Jews who were slaves back in the days...but I don't need to go in therapy or talk about it all the time, like the black people seem to do...My grand parents died in the Holocaust and we can keep talking about slaves, etc...but that was way back far before the Holocaust....

Old 12-05-2009, 04:11 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Have you seen her other family members that she rather ignores to be related to...they live in Atlanta in the hood...

Btw is this news...aren't most black people decendents of slaves just as me as a Jew I probably are related to the Jews who were slaves back in the days...but I don't need to go in therapy or talk about it all the time, like the black people seem to do...My grand parents died in the Holocaust and we can keep talking about slaves, etc...but that was way back far before the Holocaust....
yes because it's black people who holler "slavery happened years ago get over it" any time someone tries to discuss it intelligently...don't know why people have an issue discussing history...especially US history

Old 12-05-2009, 04:51 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

Indeed, unfortunately for many on the left, I am sure the first black first lady is held in much higher esteem than her partially black husband, who cannot claim to have come from such pure bloodlines.

Old 12-05-2009, 04:54 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrah2008 View Post
You all are so ignorant if you have a problem with a Black family in the white house. Blacks has the right just as anyone else. God didn't create this world on one race, it was a mixture, man divided it. Whites are not superior many just think that they are and it's sad because if a person is qualified then so be it. You should be impressed simply because he was the first to do it regardless if you like him or not. I'm so sick of people who are down on Blacks due to the color of their skin, it's IGNORANT.
Are you sure you are on the right thread?

Old 12-05-2009, 09:55 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Glory glory Halleluia!! Just when you thought they could not be anymore saintly, we find out the little Mrs' roots lead to the slaves and here she is in the White House !NYT: First lady’s slave roots revealed - The New York Times- msnbc.com So what? What is the significance of it?

Well....I guess it's more than we can say for Obama! His mom was white and his dad was straight up African! Obama has no ties to black people in this country except that he looks the same.

Old 12-05-2009, 09:58 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Well....I guess it's more than we can say for Obama! His mom was white and his dad was straight up African! Obama has no ties to black people in this country except that he looks the same.
He was born in America, raised in America (most of his life) and is of African ancestry. Those are ties enough. What do you care?

Old 01-28-2014, 04:08 AM

2,238 posts, read 3,324,865 times
Michelle Obama is mixed race. She is of multigenerationally multiracially mixed race backgrounds.

Old 01-28-2014, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
What do you mean by looking the same? He looks mixed race.

And btw, MOST African Americans are mixed race.

Obama's African father comes from Kenya which is in East Africa. Most AAs African ancestors descend from West Africa and Central Africa.

Obama's white mother actually has distant ancestry from African Americans and some Native, but it's so far removed in her lineage.

Obama is mixed race.

African American and black do NOT mean the same thing.

Old 01-28-2014, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorock99 View Post
Look common sense im not a racist, but i have a problem with the term African American (in general i have problems with all hyphenated American terms not just this one), but this one is clouded in dishonesty and only became popular in the 1970's after all the white and black slaves had died off.

Anyone that looks at an American Black person can clearly tell, they are not remotely from Africa. Most of the blacks i've seen that are American and have been here a long time are either a brown shade, some are dark (but not black), or a very light shade (mulatto), either way the fact is they are part African (maybe 20-30%), European (maybe 30-40%), and other.

If they made both "whites" and "blacks" from the south take DNA test im pretty sure we'd find out that Barrack Obama was not the first president with African ancestry and President Obama will not be the last!

It's just a giant lie all of it is the fact that we call people "white" and "black"....In my opinion the most correct term to describe people is "non colored" or "colored" that would correctly reflect and respect everyone's mixed heritage and background. It is crazy how much stress we put people through making them deny either their "black" heritage if they're white or their "white" heritage if they're black.

Our country is seriously screwed up! Lying only leads to more lies and ends up damaging human beings for no reason other then to control them and divide them based on false labels and dishonest, distortions, of accurate historical information!

You woldn't have this happening all the time if blacks were truly 100% African

Plus check out this link from the 1960's about what happens when a "white" mates with a "negro" Love, 1962 American High School Style:

Garcelle Beauvais is from Haiti. She is NOT Haitian. Therefore she is NOT African American at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies