Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 11:17 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I saw another thread regarding a poll tax for democrats. That got me to thinking about how much the Republicans have cost us over the last 8 years. The war in Iraq has cost 915.1 billion. 62,040,606 American voted for Bush in 2004. If we allocate the cost per person who voted for Bush and therefore the war in Iraq, that comes to 14,750 per person. My math is a little bad when doing numbers in the billions so I am willing to knock it down to an even 14,000 per person.

Maybe before those that voted for the war in Iraq are trusted to vote again they should pay the tab for their mistake.
Isn't it amazing how they think that eight years of robbing the country blind by creating chaos and lying us into a war can be swept under the rug? The Bush Crime Family destroyed this country and no administration that follows him can ever be as corrupted. History will never be able to rewrite what a horrible and devestating blow Bush's presidency was to this country. If anyone else had sat in the Oval Office for those eight years, it would never have unfolded the way that it did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 12:41 AM

1,020 posts, read 2,755,750 times
Quote:
I saw another thread regarding a poll tax for democrats. That got me to thinking about how much the Republicans have cost us over the last 8 years. The war in Iraq has cost 915.1 billion. 62,040,606 Americans voted for Bush in 2004. If we allocate the cost per person who voted for Bush and therefore the war in Iraq, that comes to 14,750 per person. My math is a little bad when doing numbers in the billions so I am willing to knock it down to an even 14,000 per person.

Maybe before those that voted for the war in Iraq are trusted to vote again they should pay the tab for their mistake.
I vote Libertarian, by your logic, I shouldn't have to pay taxes at all (okay, not really, but at least I should pay much, much less).

Old 10-11-2009, 08:52 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,207,835 times
Quote:
I saw another thread regarding a poll tax for democrats. That got me to thinking about how much the Republicans have cost us over the last 8 years. The war in Iraq has cost 915.1 billion. 62,040,606 Americans voted for Bush in 2004. If we allocate the cost per person who voted for Bush and therefore the war in Iraq, that comes to 14,750 per person. My math is a little bad when doing numbers in the billions so I am willing to knock it down to an even 14,000 per person.

if you truly believe this, then all democrats should pay a poll tax consisting of trillions of dollars since the 1930s when fdr got into office and instituted his ponzie scheme called social security.

because social security is one of the biggest mistakes that the democrats have ever done to the USA.

Old 10-11-2009, 08:57 AM

3,599 posts, read 6,786,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
if you truly believe this, then all democrats should pay a poll tax consisting of trillions of dollars since the 1930s when fdr got into office and instituted his ponzie scheme called social security.

because social security is one of the biggest mistakes that the democrats have ever done to the USA.
Totally agree. Why doesn't any politician want to cut the SSN program. Bush 43 tried to revise it and you see how far that got him.

I'm paying 15.6% self employment taxes (both employer and employee) on the first 100K on my earning towards SSN. For what? To support a lot of people who never truly vested into the system. But the SSN system won't be around when I am ready to retire in 30 plus years.

You are right, SSN is the biggest LEGAL ponzi scheme. But soon, less money will flow in and more money will flow out. It can't last much longer.

Old 10-11-2009, 08:59 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,033,972 times
Ya, all the Limbaugh and Beck followers complaining now about our government, you put us through A LOT of BS over the last 8 years with your careless voting, we want reparations!!!

Old 10-11-2009, 09:02 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,207,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
Totally agree. Why doesn't any politician want to cut the SSN program. Bush 43 tried to revise it and you see how far that got him.

I'm paying 15.6% self employment taxes (both employer and employee) on the first 100K on my earning towards SSN. For what? To support a lot of people who never truly vested into the system. But the SSN system won't be around when I am ready to retire in 30 plus years.

You are right, SSN is the biggest LEGAL ponzi scheme. But soon, less money will flow in and more money will flow out. It can't last much longer.

actually, after 16 years of trying, I have finally been allowed to opt out of the social security program, and no longer pay the social security tax. i still have to pay fica and the like, but that extra 700+ a month can now go into my retirement program, or to pay bills if i like.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:07 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Isn't it amazing how they think that eight years of robbing the country blind by creating chaos and lying us into a war can be swept under the rug?
I'm not a fan of Bush - the man was a joke. That said...

Robbed the country blind? You ain't seen nothing yet...

"In the first independent analysis, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office concluded that President Obama's budget would rack up massive deficits even after the economy recovers, forcing the nation to borrow nearly $9.3 trillion over the next decade."
With chart:
Bush vs Obama Deficit - washingtonpost.com

Bernanke's warning on Obama's wild spending spree:

"U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke told lawmakers Thursday that the dollar's status as a global reserve currency isn't at risk in the near term, but warned that could change if fiscal deficits aren't brought under control."
Bernanke: Dollar Will Be At Risk If U.S. Doesn't Control Budget Gap

Even Warren Buffett, an Obama supporter, warns about huge federal deficits and an increase in the Debt-to-GDP ratio:
The Greenback Effect - The New York Times
Warren Buffett warns budget deficit may harm dollar - Telegraph

Quote:
The Bush Crime Family destroyed this country and no administration that follows him can ever be as corrupted. History will never be able to rewrite what a horrible and devestating blow Bush's presidency was to this country.
Wrong again. Watch this to see the corruption the current administration continues to saddle the country with, particularly in the Treasury:
Bill Moyers Journal . Watch & Listen | PBS

Old 10-11-2009, 09:20 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Quote:
Please provide a cite for 9 trillion additional expenditures?
Look at the CBO's projections based on obama's $4 Trillion budget.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:24 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Iraq War Economics

Bush raids on Social Security

According to the Comptroller General of the United States, there are serious financial management problems at the Pentagon, to which Mr. Cooper alluded.
Fiscal Year 1999: $2.3 trillion missing.
Fiscal Year 2000, $1.1 trillion missing.

We must create a [economic] crisis in order to ensure that there is no alternative to a smaller government.
~ Jeb Bush (born: 1953-02-11 age: 56) Imprimis Magazine 1995
This may explain why brother George seems to be intentionally attempting to tank the economy.

and on and on and on...

Iraq War Economics

Old 10-11-2009, 11:05 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
According to the Comptroller General of the United States, there are serious financial management problems at the Pentagon, to which Mr. Cooper alluded.
Fiscal Year 1999: $2.3 trillion missing.
Fiscal Year 2000, $1.1 trillion missing.
Those fiscal years are the time frame from Oct. 1, 1998 through Sept. 30, 2000. Who was President and Commander in Chief then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies