Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 07:42 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,431,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I saw another thread regarding a poll tax for democrats. That got me to thinking about how much the Republicans have cost us over the last 8 years. The war in Iraq has cost 915.1 billion. 62,040,606 Americans voted for Bush in 2004. If we allocate the cost per person who voted for Bush and therefore the war in Iraq, that comes to 14,750 per person. My math is a little bad when doing numbers in the billions so I am willing to knock it down to an even 14,000 per person.

Maybe before those that voted for the war in Iraq are trusted to vote again they should pay the tab for their mistake.
Does this include all the democrats and leftists in Congress that voted to go to war too? You know, the ones that supported it until their far left base started screaming, and then changed stances to win elections?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 09:14 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,207,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Bush's legacy and Resume

Spent the surplus and bankrupted the treasury.

All true and there's more, as impossible as that may seem...
George W. Bush's Resume - BuzzFlash Reader Commentary

what surplus? there never was any surplus at all, after all a surplus is having no deficit and having extra money, something that the USA has almost never had in its history.

so please do not say surplus when there neevr was any such thing.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:16 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,630,465 times
I think anyone starting a thread like this should pay a dumb-arse tax of $50,000.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:41 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,955,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
I think anyone starting a thread like this should pay a dumb-arse tax of $50,000.
I don't want to pay 50K to support you.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:57 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,630,465 times
Quote:
I don't want to pay 50K to support you.
I think everyone who voted for Obama should pay a $10 trillion poll tax, for voting themselves benefits.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:59 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Quote:
Obviously taken out of context.
Yeah, sure.

Quote:
Do you actually think that in any way. shape or form you can debunk any facts that state how The Bush Crme Family robbed the USA blind? Give me a break!
Can you provide any evidence, documents, proof, anything at all, that corroborates your assertion?

Weren't you the one claiming Bush was going to hide somewhere in Paraguay?

Old 10-11-2009, 10:24 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,865,904 times
Quote:
Please provide a cite for 9 trillion additional expenditures?

She can't .. all of a sudden the Bush deficit is now Obama's.... that why I avoid reading this particular poster. Never reality or facts, just ignorance.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:02 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yeah, sure.

Can you provide any evidence, documents, proof, anything at all, that corroborates your assertion?

Weren't you the one claiming Bush was going to hide somewhere in Paraguay?

The place he purchased is ready for whenever he needs it. Why split until you have to? BTW...how do you know where he is at any given time?

Old 10-11-2009, 11:22 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
The Most Invisible Ex-President

And now George appears to have earned himself one last Legacy Crown. What else will he be remembered for? With Jimmy Carter perhaps the best act in the role of ex-presidency, we now have a new entry: the Most Invisible Ex-President.

...if there has been any ex-president who was less visible, starting the minute of his replacement, please let us know who it was. I am not a historian, but it seems unlikely that it would be humanly impossible to pull off a more effective disappearing act.

What caused Bush to vanish? This is not about him “working on his memoirs.” Immediately after leaving office, he put himself on the speaker’s market. There was, in all of the civilized world, only one city that bit: Calgary, the only major oil city in North America outside of Texas. Compare this to Bill Clinton, with all of his PR problems after leaving office, charging $250k+ per speech, and booking speeches several nights per week around the globe for years after his departure from office – while he wrote his memoirs. It’s how he paid off the $12MM or so in legal cost debt he took from public office.

No, this silence is something else. It could be fear of prosecution, internationally for war crimes, nationally for any of a series of crimes laid out for alternative radio by Al Gore, and in print by others. There are no lack of grounds, or prosecutors. Efforts have already begun outside the U.S. to bring him to international justice.

Or it might be something deeper than fear of retribution. Perhaps he is just starting to catch on to what he did to the country and the world, and as it sinks in, he can think of nothing but hiding in shame from public view.

Nah, no way. He’s just scared. The handlers told him to shut up so Jeb could get to work re-framing the family name, in time for his own run at the big job.

A Bright Fire » Archives » The Most Invisible Ex-President

Old 10-11-2009, 11:54 PM

459 posts, read 805,079 times
Quote:
I saw another thread regarding a poll tax for democrats. That got me to thinking about how much the Republicans have cost us over the last 8 years. The war in Iraq has cost 915.1 billion. 62,040,606 Americans voted for Bush in 2004. If we allocate the cost per person who voted for Bush and therefore the war in Iraq, that comes to 14,750 per person. My math is a little bad when doing numbers in the billions so I am willing to knock it down to an even 14,000 per person.

Maybe before those that voted for the war in Iraq are trusted to vote again they should pay the tab for their mistake.

I voted for Ron Paul!! So I should be getting money for being so smart. Oh ya and I don't base my vote on a guy I can have a beer with, so I also didn't vote for the biggest retard to ever grace the presidency in 2000 and 2004. I really wish the world worked like this. Let the conservatives pay all of us back for the stupid voting they have done and let the dems pay us independents back for the stupid voting they have done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies