Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 05:57 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I saw another thread regarding a poll tax for democrats. That got me to thinking about how much the Republicans have cost us over the last 8 years. The war in Iraq has cost 915.1 billion. 62,040,606 Americans voted for Bush in 2004. If we allocate the cost per person who voted for Bush and therefore the war in Iraq, that comes to 14,750 per person. My math is a little bad when doing numbers in the billions so I am willing to knock it down to an even 14,000 per person.

Maybe before those that voted for the war in Iraq are trusted to vote again they should pay the tab for their mistake.
How funny you should mention that. I was thinking the exact same thing only about Obama! He has cost Americans jobs, loss of value in the American dollar, losses in their investment savings. Our dollar is virtually worthless now. The world doesn't trust us, and there is talk of abandoning the dollar as a world curency. The man is a disaster. He has destroyed our economy and put millions of Americans out of work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Just think what the bill will be for those who voted for obama - $9 trillion divvied up sounds good to me.
Exactly my thoughts. But these people are blind.

Old 10-11-2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Please provide a cite for 9 trillion additional expenditures?
Are you joking? Obviously, you drank the Kool-Aide

Old 10-11-2009, 06:21 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Are you joking? Obviously, you drank the Kool-Aide

obviously, you refuse to supply what the poster requested.

Old 10-11-2009, 06:25 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
obviously, you refuse to supply what the poster requested.
It's been in the news, and it's already been posted in this thread. Here it is, again...

"In the first independent analysis, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office concluded that President Obama's budget would rack up massive deficits even after the economy recovers, forcing the nation to borrow nearly $9.3 trillion over the next decade."
With chart:
Bush vs Obama Deficit - washingtonpost.com

Bernanke's warning on Obama's wild spending spree:

"U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke told lawmakers Thursday that the dollar's status as a global reserve currency isn't at risk in the near term, but warned that could change if fiscal deficits aren't brought under control."
Bernanke: Dollar Will Be At Risk If U.S. Doesn't Control Budget Gap

Even Warren Buffett, an Obama supporter, warns about huge federal deficits and an increase in the Debt-to-GDP ratio:
The Greenback Effect - The New York Times
Warren Buffett warns budget deficit may harm dollar - Telegraph

Old 10-11-2009, 06:32 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,955,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's been in the news, and it's already been posted in this thread. Here it is, again...

"In the first independent analysis, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office concluded that President Obama's budget would rack up massive deficits even after the economy recovers, forcing the nation to borrow nearly $9.3 trillion over the next decade."
With chart:
Bush vs Obama Deficit - washingtonpost.com

Bernanke's warning on Obama's wild spending spree:

"U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke told lawmakers Thursday that the dollar's status as a global reserve currency isn't at risk in the near term, but warned that could change if fiscal deficits aren't brought under control."
Bernanke: Dollar Will Be At Risk If U.S. Doesn't Control Budget Gap

Even Warren Buffett, an Obama supporter, warns about huge federal deficits and an increase in the Debt-to-GDP ratio:
The Greenback Effect - The New York Times
Warren Buffett warns budget deficit may harm dollar - Telegraph
You confuse what could be spent and what has been spent. The numbers for Iraq war are real numbers of what has been spent. The estimates in your links are future PROPOSED expenditures over the next ten years that HAVE NOT been spent and based on the fact that it would be over the next 10 years I guess you are assuming that Obama will a 3 term president.
Additionally, I said the Mistake that Bush Made. It is debatable as to whether the PROPOSALS would actually be mistakes.

Old 10-11-2009, 07:29 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
You confuse what could be spent and what has been spent. The numbers for Iraq war are real numbers of what has been spent.
Believe me, I'd be more than happy if Obama didn't spend real money. Unfortunately, we won't be so lucky.

Quote:
The estimates in your links are future PROPOSED expenditures over the next ten years that HAVE NOT been spent and based on the fact that it would be over the next 10 years I guess you are assuming that Obama will a 3 term president.
The numbers reflect the estimate of the cost of Obama's planned policies for ten years, which includes time after his term because Obama's damage will have been done. Obama will not have 3 , or even 2, terms - LOL!!! He's a one termer, for sure. Very few will be willing to put up with Obama's out-of-control spending.

Quote:
Additionally, I said the Mistake that Bush Made. It is debatable as to whether the PROPOSALS would actually be mistakes.
Who's going to pay for Clinton's $3.4 trillion missing pentagon $$$ mistake, which at this time is more than 3 times what the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have cost?!?

Old 10-11-2009, 07:31 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,264,759 times
Quote:
I can't believe there are those who still believe this. There has been enough information on this since the war started, if you have not got it by now there is no convincing you.
I can't believe that there are those who don't understand that the intel Bush had was no different than the intel Clinton had, when once again: Kerry, B. Clinton, H. Clinton, Pelosi, Edwards, Kennedy, etc., etc., were all for believing that Iraq had WMD's.

Again, what did Iraq use on the Kurds?

If Iraq had nothing to hide, why hide fighter jets in the sand? Why hide missles capable of deploying sarin and mustard gas? To look at? Why not let the UN Weapons inspectors do their job?

Training camps found in Samarra, Ramadi, and Salman Pak were what? Weekend retreats?

There has been a lot twisted information put out there. People who tend to hate Bush, tend to believe it all without doing any due diligence and looking up claims (or facts) that state otherwise.

It's one thing to have proof, it's another to twist, distort and bend events and facts in order to make a situation come out the way you (in general) want it/need it to.

Old 10-11-2009, 07:32 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times
Quote:
It is like argueing that the earth is round. It is such an established fact that you don't have to continue to prove it. For educational purposes since you don't seem to have access to anything other than FOX news, here is a cite. There is a lot of info in here. Please take the time to read it. It will get you up to date since you appear to be four years behind on current events.

Bush administration lies that led to war - SourceWatch
Several separate investigations showed that the Bush administration did not distort info they had or ask others to distort it for them.

You seem to be MORE than 4 years behind on current events!

Old 10-11-2009, 07:34 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
I can't believe that there are those who don't understand that the intel Bush had was no different than the intel Clinton had, when once again: Kerry, B. Clinton, H. Clinton, Pelosi, Edwards, Kennedy, etc., etc., were all for believing that Iraq had WMD's.

Again, what did Iraq use on the Kurds?

If Iraq had nothing to hide, why hide fighter jets in the sand? Why hide missles capable of deploying sarin and mustard gas? To look at? Why not let the UN Weapons inspectors do their job?

Training camps found in Samarra, Ramadi, and Salman Pak were what? Weekend retreats?

There has been a lot twisted information put out there. People who tend to hate Bush, tend to believe it all without doing any due diligence and looking up claims (or facts) that state otherwise.

It's one thing to have proof, it's another to twist, distort and bend events and facts in order to make a situation come out the way you (in general) want it/need it to.
It is amazing that some people are more tolerant of the Saddam Hussein regime than the are of the United States! They seem to forget that the U.S. are the good guys here! Even though some wackos won't even admit that! They have the "blame everything on the U.S." syndrome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies