Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 02:53 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
...Bush averaged adding about $1 trillion per year to the national debt during his eight-year tenure.

Bush, GOP squandered surplus - Kingsport Times-News Online
I think you better start screening your sources a little better.
Bush Administration Adds $4 Trillion To National Debt - Couric & Co. - CBS News

That's a lot less than the $8 trillion ($1 trillion per year to the national debt during his eight-year tenure) that your obscure source claims.

You want to get all bent out of shape over $4-5 trillion added to the national debt in an 8 year span, but think nothing of Clinton wasting $3.4 trillion in unaccounted for military spending in 2 years?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 02:54 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
For the 1,000th time, there was no "lying us into a war."
Wheres' the WMDs???

Where's Osama?

Where were the Iraqis on 9/11?

How many of the hikackers were Iraqis?

I don't really expect an answer to any of the above questions.

Old 10-11-2009, 03:04 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,442,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I saw another thread regarding a poll tax for democrats. That got me to thinking about how much the Republicans have cost us over the last 8 years. The war in Iraq has cost 915.1 billion. 62,040,606 Americans voted for Bush in 2004. If we allocate the cost per person who voted for Bush and therefore the war in Iraq, that comes to 14,750 per person. My math is a little bad when doing numbers in the billions so I am willing to knock it down to an even 14,000 per person.

Maybe before those that voted for the war in Iraq are trusted to vote again they should pay the tab for their mistake.

Great make sure you have all the Democrats from the Senate pay first.

Old 10-11-2009, 03:12 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I think you better start screening your sources a little better.
Bush Administration Adds $4 Trillion To National Debt - Couric & Co. - CBS News

That's a lot less than the $8 trillion ($1 trillion per year to the national debt during his eight-year tenure) that your obscure source claims.

You want to get all bent out of shape over $4-5 trillion added to the national debt in an 8 year span, but think nothing of Clinton wasting $3.4 trillion in unaccounted for military spending in 2 years?
Bush& Company created a bogus war to steal. Don't waste your time in identifying any other politician or President. We were robbed blind by the Bush administration by design. That was their agenda and "Mission Accomplished!"

Corporate Greed and Theft
The Bush Income Tax Cut
The Estate Tax Repeal
The "Emergency Economic Stimulus Bill"
Bush's junior appointments are destroying regulations that affect big business
Campaign Finance Reform is not really a bipartisan issue, and the Republicans get much more corporate $ than Democrats
Enron=The Bush Administration
Farm Subsidies
The "Energy Plan"
Bush's senior appointments come straight from industry and anti-environmental groups
Kowtowing to Cattle Lobby
Kowtowing to the Mining Lobby
Letting Industry Challenge and Destroy Environmental Laws
Starve environmental agencies
Opposing National and International Plans for Cleaner Energy
Let Toxic Polluters Get Away Free

Zeek: Politics: The Most Evil and Deceitful Administration in American History

So, next time someone tells you that "all politicians are the same," try to remember.

Old 10-11-2009, 03:22 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Bush& Company created a bogus war to steal. Don't waste your time in identifying any other politician or President. We were robbed blind by the Bush administration by design. That was their agenda and "Mission Accomplished!"
I know this is hard for you to understand, but the facts contradict the opinions you're spewing. How does the less than $1 trillion spent so far...
Cost of War | National Priorities Project

...even come close to equating with the $3.4 trillion in military spending that went unaccounted for under Clinton's leadership?

You seem to think that if you post often enough and frantically enough that what you think will somehow magically evolve into the truth. It won't. Give it up already.

Old 10-11-2009, 03:57 PM

30,075 posts, read 18,682,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I saw another thread regarding a poll tax for democrats. That got me to thinking about how much the Republicans have cost us over the last 8 years. The war in Iraq has cost 915.1 billion. 62,040,606 Americans voted for Bush in 2004. If we allocate the cost per person who voted for Bush and therefore the war in Iraq, that comes to 14,750 per person. My math is a little bad when doing numbers in the billions so I am willing to knock it down to an even 14,000 per person.

Maybe before those that voted for the war in Iraq are trusted to vote again they should pay the tab for their mistake.

I would gladly pay that price if Obama resigns. Further, I would ask that all the additional taxes I have paid over the last 30 years for social programs be reimbursed to me. By my estimation, the feds owe me about $6 million. I am sure I can spend it more wisely than they did.

Old 10-11-2009, 04:05 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,221,262 times
I voted for Bill Clinton. Please don't send me the bill for that screw up.

Old 10-11-2009, 04:09 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,955,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
Great make sure you have all the Democrats from the Senate pay first.
Sounds fair. All of the Democratic senators who voted for the war in Iraq should also have to pay.

Old 10-11-2009, 04:09 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times
Quote:
Wheres' the WMDs???

Where's Osama?

Where were the Iraqis on 9/11?

How many of the hikackers were Iraqis?

I don't really expect an answer to any of the above questions.
Well, you are going to get answers.

Bush never said that Iraqis were responsible for 9/11. He did say that this is a war on terrorists and the countries which support them. Iraq supported and harbored terrorists.

Osama is most likely in Pakistan, a country that won't allow U.S. troops in to find him.

You didn't tell me how Bush "lied us into a war." I don't really expect an answer to that question.

Old 10-11-2009, 04:14 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,955,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Well, you are going to get answers.

Bush never said that Iraqis were responsible for 9/11. He did say that this is a war on terrorists and the countries which support them. Iraq supported and harbored terrorists.

Osama is most likely in Pakistan, a country that won't allow U.S. troops in to find him.

You didn't tell me how Bush "lied us into a war." I don't really expect an answer to that question.

I can't believe there are those who still believe this. There has been enough information on this since the war started, if you have not got it by now there is no convincing you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies